October 2015 Moms
Options

Why won't baby let me cuddle him?! Argh!

My baby hates cuddling! He would rather be looking around than snuggle with me. Even when he's sleepy, he would rather be put down. We were at a friends for supper tonight and he was fussy bc he was tired. I finally put him in his car seat and he drifted off.

I see all these posts about babies that insist on fallin asleep on mom, but not my guy. Does anyone else have an independent LO or is mine not normal?

Re: Why won't baby let me cuddle him?! Argh!

• Options
    Mine loves to be cuddled but I've also noticed that lately she will get fussy if she's held for too long. We lay her in her crib or the couch between us and she starts smiling and talking to us. Makes me sad she doesn't like to snuggle more, but it's fun to be able to interact with her more!
  • Options
    My girl is the same! For the first couple of weeks she would only sleep on me and loved cuddles but now she would rather be in her swing or playmat when she's awake, or laying down on the couch beside me. She will only sleep if she's swaddled in her rock n play. I miss baby cuddles :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He likes cuddles, but he is getting more and more independent. When he's playing with his toys, he cries when I pick him up. It does make me sad!
  • Options
    Mine is like that too! Verrrry independent! :( and I would love to just snuggle forever. Lol. Sometimes she falls asleep in my arms after/during nursing her, and I hate putting her down since that's when I get all the snuggling I want. Otherwise, she will get fussy until I put her down and let her be to fall asleep. :(