Babies: 3 - 6 Months

4 month Fever

Hi moms!

Okay my 4 1/2 old has a fever (rectal) 101.1 she also had her 4 month shots today. Was wondering if I should give her meds or call the pediatrician? I'm a new mom trying to be calm about the situation lol

Re: 4 month Fever

• I'd call just for peace of mind. You should be able to give Tylenol. I'm sorry! I have that appt next week!
  • Did they give you paperwork for what to expect with the shots? We always get a handout and a fever is a common side effect. For me personally if it's within 24 hours of the shots I wouldn't call and just give Tylenol, because that's what our pedi says to do. I don't know your baby though, so if you're concerned it wouldn't hurt to call.
  • Loading the player...
  • mrsb30 said:

Did they give you paperwork for what to expect with the shots? We always get a handout and a fever is a common side effect. For me personally if it's within 24 hours of the shots I wouldn't call and just give Tylenol, because that's what our pedi says to do. I don't know your baby though, so if you're concerned it wouldn't hurt to call.

This!
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• LO had a 102 (underarm) fever the night of her 4 month shots. We tried to give Tylenol once we realized it but she puked it up. Called the doctor who said it was normal and if she can't get any food down for a few hours to try to get pedialite and Tylenol suppositories in her.

After a two hour nap she was able to nurse and keep it down and her fever was gone. She was fine in the morning. I'd call just to be safe but it's likely just a reaction to the vaccines.
  • Our pedi said fever of up to 102 is normal and just give Tylenol
  • My LO had his 4 month check up yesterday. He has had a fever today of 100 and been fussy all day. Have him Tylenol which has helped but still has slight fever