UO Thursday 12/17

2»

Re: UO Thursday 12/17

• Ehh. I'm just not into it :smiley:
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Loading the player...

• smushi said:

kynbar5 said:

I've honestly never understood it when a woman looks at a guys butt and says anything like "oh he has a cute butt". I've never found a butt attractive. It's a butt. Nothing pleasant comes from there. Why would it be attractive?

My DH has a super nice booty.  I was actually commenting on just how nice his butt is earlier, and he replied, "It's because I squat" (he works out, but even without it, he has a nice behind and huge quads, just built that way).  

I can't do guys with chicken legs... all about a nice meaty bum and great muscle legs.... even if that means you have a bit of a gut. 

I like my rugby boys  

Bless
  • @mrsleanmeanclean We share similar tastes.  In college I was such a fan of our small rugby club team, that they named me and another girl "Keepers" and they even made us t-shirts lol  I got a taste for whiskey around that crowd.

• smushi said:

kynbar5 said:

I've honestly never understood it when a woman looks at a guys butt and says anything like "oh he has a cute butt". I've never found a butt attractive. It's a butt. Nothing pleasant comes from there. Why would it be attractive?

My DH has a super nice booty.  I was actually commenting on just how nice his butt is earlier, and he replied, "It's because I squat" (he works out, but even without it, he has a nice behind and huge quads, just built that way).  

I can't do guys with chicken legs... all about a nice meaty bum and great muscle legs.... even if that means you have a bit of a gut. 

I like my rugby boys  

Totally agree with you on rugby boys. Just can't get behind the English rugby men though, sorry :tongue:

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Dh has a pretty nice butt he was a football player but has always had good muscle tone in the legs and butt.

I am also not a jewelry girl. I barely wear my wedding rings. Partly because I can't wear them to work and partly because I never remember to put them on. I am also allèrgic to metals and get a rash of i wear jewelry for prolonged periods.

Based on the posts above I guess I am the ou in this group because I am chronically late. I try really hard to be places on time, but I am always 15-30 minutes late. The people who know me accept that about me and either plan for me being late or tell me an earlier time. I don't do it purposely, but I am always trying to cram so much in that something always takes longer than I thought or at the last minute I couldn't find something I needed. Sunday we spent an hour and a half looking for my keys!!! I lose them so much that after Sunday dh bought me a tile key finder and has already attached it to my set. Thank goodness I try to be at work an hour before the day starts or I would never be there on time. Honestly it is part of who I am, my whole family is the same (except for my black sheep sister) and I don't think it will change.
  • So someone (seriously) posted on Facebook that Rue dying in the Hunger Games is white supremacy like 2029283629 people didn't die in that series.
  • Mmmmmm rugby boys have such nice bums and thighs drooooool . . . I have to say it seems like my uo is that i love jewellery! I dont have any meaningless peices though, ive never brought it for myself and everything that dh has brought me in the last 9 years marks something significant in my life or our relationship. Even my pandora bracelet (oops another uo) has only charms that have been brought because they signify something special.
  • I kind of want to do a 3D ultrasound. I really shouldn't, I find them creepy and it's not really in our budget. But I still kind of want to.

We did it with the first and it totally creeped me out. We couldn't even get any good pictures because he was so low, and the ones we got were just weird. We didn't do it with the second, but had a bunch of extra regular 2d ultrasounds at the doctor.

And now I want to do it again! I keep looking at the website checking appointment times. I need to just wait it out, it's so silly! I know I won't be happy with it afterwards but...a weird part of me still wants to. Oh well

• smushi said:

kynbar5 said:

I like my rugby boys  

Yes! My hubby played rugby in college. He's got some fine legs :smile: I can't stand muscle head types, but I love some nice, muscular legs and well defined arms.
  • I told my DH last night that I DIDN'T want a diamond and emerald tennis bracelet for xmas.... WTF

it was a simple beautiful one, I just thought I wouldn't wear it everyday so what was the point....

I am an idiot... I wonder if I can take it back and say I want it 12 hours later....

LFAF- Best Olympic Moments...  Jackie Joyner-Kersee

• My UO: I don't understand why people purposely name their child something just so that they can use a nickname associated with the given name.
    My friend just had a baby and named her Amelia, but they are calling her Millie, I'm sorry but I just don't get that nickname from Amelia, it is like nails on a chalk board.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • I have an Amelia, so maybe I am biased, but I think the name is so beautiful that I can't imagine wanting to call her something else.
  • I must be missing something, but I thought nicknames were supposed to happen naturally, not be forced. I can understand thinking of names that would not have negative nicknames for fear of bullying, but not intentionally naming the mid because you like the associated nn
  • Are you referring to those more reaching nicknames like the Amelia/Millie, or does it bother you too if someone names their baby Robert because they want to call him Robbie? Because I could see some annoyance with the former, but the name I have picked out is more in the latter scenario and I didn't think it was too weird.
  • I think some names have accepted nicknames like Robert and Rob, or Michael, Mike, and Mikey.  For me, I don't think parent should force a nickname on people, for example I will be calling my friend's child Amelia not Millie because that is her nickname for her child, if when this child grows up and they would rather be called Millie I would have no problem switching over.  Does that make sense?
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • So my UO this week I guess is that I actually like the fact that DH likes video games. I'm by no means a gamer, but I like that he enjoys something that I can get in on too. Even if I'm just watching. It's never bothered me that he played them, even when we were dating and he would get a new release and drop off the face of the planet for 12 hours, I would just wait and when he was done he would resume life as normal. I just don't understand sometimes why people complain about it so much.
  • I just find it kind of obnoxious when people choose a name, but have absolutely no intention of calling them that name, instead using a nn. For example, a lot of baby girls are being named charolette with the sole intention of using Charlie as the name they use daily.
  • My UO: I don't understand why people purposely name their child something just so that they can use a nickname associated with the given name.

I don't know...I see what you mean, but my husband's name is Gregory and his parents and the rest of the family have always just called him Greg. I don't think that's weird at all.

We're naming our child Alexandra, and while I will introduce her to people by her full name, I won't always address her by her full name at home. I fully intend on her selecting what she wants to go by when she's older, so I guess I see both sides on this.
  • Going out on a whimp knowing that no one has posted a new UO thread but I have to get this off my chest - I'm having a girl and I've had three people I know all have girls this past year. Their daughters are beautiful but I DESPISE the ridiculous GIANT bows that they put on their heads. Your sweet baby looks ridiculous with a bow that is the same size at its little head. I told everyone that was purchasing gifts that if they bought a bow for my daughter I was going to throw it away. :smile:

...ahhh I feel much better now
  • I love snow, I can't stand my drinks being room temperature