September 2016 Moms
Options

Thursday Check In

How far along are you?

How are you feeling?

Doing anything baby related today?

Rants/Raves/Randoms:

Questions?

GTKY: What is your best/most favorite memory you'll take from 2015?

Re: Thursday Check In

• Options
    How far along are you? 4w1d

How are you feeling? Woke up feeling queasy and I've been exhausted! I normally go to sleep at 11:30 but the past two nights I can't make it past 9!!

Doing anything baby related today? Nothing today.

Rants/Raves/Randoms: hmm..

Questions? Not today.

GTKY: What is your best/most favorite memory you'll take from 2015? 2015 was a rough year on us. Dh's best friend passed away, his grandpa passed away, and we lost our sweet baby at 12weeks. However, the best part was that Dh and I officially became debt free in October! We are now house shopping for our forever home!! Also, earlier in December, Dh got a huge promotion at his work and is loving his new position.
  • Options
    @reesaXden I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's friend and grandfather, as well as your own loss. I can't even imagine. You must be ready for a new year!

How far along are you? 5 weeks today!

How are you feeling? Pretty good overall. The cramps seem to have subsided. I have very sore boobs and nauseous every day around 3-4, but I'll take it if it means I get a baby in 8 months!

Doing anything baby related today? Not today. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms: Feeling nervous about New Year's and trying to keep this secret from friends. 

Questions? How do you all keep the pregnant secret? Some family and friends are starting to ask questions, particularly when refusing a beverage at dinner. Any tips/tricks?

Probably getting our BFP finally! We also celebrated our first wedding anniversary in June which was great, and 8 years together in January with a trip to Montreal that was a blast. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @katetastrophem .. We are so ready for it to be over. It did end on a wonderful note with our Christmas BFP though!

I'm not sure what to do about the whole refusing beverages thing. I actually don't drink, ever, so I don't have that dilemma. However, I am so bloated and since I'm a pretty small person, it's actually very noticeable. I've already had an elderly lady at my church just come out and ask if I was pregnant!!
    Hello baggie sweaters and scarfs!!

Have you tried using the excuse that you can't drink due to some medication your on? If your family and friends are anything like mine though, they won't buy it. Especially, if they knew you were TTC.
  • Options
    1. Four weeks three days

2. Feeling great because I finally pooped. My acupuncturist cannot treat me for constipation because no needles are to go near my stomach now that I'm pregnant. So I guess I am back on Benefiber... My only salvation during my first pregnancy.

3. I'm not doing anything baby related today.

4. I'd like to rave about my DH. I woke up this morning, and a Dunkin' Donuts coffee was waiting for me on the kitchen counter. He is awesome. He left the house in the morning, brought back coffee, and then went back out to work.

5. My question is whether anybody has breast-fed with implants, and whether they encountered problems. I did not breast-feed my first time around just because I didn't want to. Now, I would like to try it this time. I searched the breast-feeding forum for this topic and I only came up with one post in the past year. I'm not sure how that is possible, maybe I did something wrong. I know everybody's experiences are different, but I would like to have some hope that it is possible.

6. My favorite memory from 2015, hands down, would be the birth of my son.
  • Options
    @reesaXden Hey. Definitely does sound like a rough year. I hope 2016 brings much happiness, joy, and peace for you and your family!!
  • Options
    5 weeks along!!!

I'm feeling pretty good. Sick of waking up at 5 for no reason!

Nothing baby related today.

Short day at work then maybe to the new years party at my volunteer organization. Always fun and low key. Or maybe stay home. I've had a hard time staying up til 9 for my shots lately.

No questions today. Just living it one day at a time!

My best memory from 2015 will have to be walking into a different room for our embryo transfer this time and saying well different room this must be it!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 5 weeks today!

How are you feeling? Symptoms come and go - fatigue, low back aches, tingly boobs, queasiness, dizziness, baby brain, insomnia...but it's all worth it if we have a healthy baby in the Fall!

Doing anything baby related today? Waiting for my second beta results - FX!

Rants/Raves/Randoms: My boss is letting the whole department work from home today and end early, too! Yay!

Questions? Nothing right now...

GTKY: What is your best/most favorite memory you'll take from 2015? We are very fortunate to have had a pretty great year! I think buying our "forever home" will stick with me the most - finally having space (both indoors and out) for DD to run and play. It also set the stage for baby #2 and getting my Christmas BFP was the icing on the cake!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @reesaXden My heart goes out to you after your rough year. Hoping your BFP is just the first of many great things to come. Happy 2016!

@katetastrophem Hiding pregnancy while not drinking is tough! I did it all Christmas weekend... My best tactic was accepting drinks but never actually drinking them. Any time no one was looking, DH would take a drink so my glass didn't stay full. I carried it around all night, even refilled here and there. But never had a sip. This doesn't work as well if you're having a sit-down dinner but you could try it still. Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    JessicaC0203JessicaC0203 member
    edited December 2015

Happy New Year's Eve to everyone!

@katetastrophem I have not had this problem yet but I know it is coming. Most people know that I am TTC so I will probably  just use that excuse but not say that I am pregnant. Maybe, I am TTC so I don't want anything to interfere... just in case. :)

How far along are you? 5w today

Doing anything baby related? Just this.

R/R/R: Had a slight scare last night with some mild brown spotting after working out. Feeling much better this morning about it and no other symptoms. I am going to chalk it up to... maybe there is really a baby implanted.

Questions?: Still deciding whether to get BHCG drawn or not.... mmmm...

GTKY: I got married this past year, June 6, 2015. It is a magical day and I am still over the moon for my husband and FX baby daddy.

@reesaXden....sending positive vibes your way!

BFP #1  6/26/15, D&C 8/14/15
    BFP #2  12/22/15, EDD 9/1/16  :)
  • Options
    How far along are you? 4 weeks and 4 days

How are you feeling? Feeling pretty normal, just bloated and a little sore in my lower tummy. My boobs hurt more than usual and I feel like I have to poop 3 times a day lol

Doing anything baby related today? nope not yet

Rants/Raves/Randoms: It's going to be a lot different not drinking this New Years but it's for the best reason ever :)

• Options
    How far along are you? 5w1d

How are you feeling? Pretty awesome. Exercise has really helped with bloat and energy level. With DD my m/s kicked in around 6 weeks, so I'm really trying to enjoy all the food right now until next week when I start feeling miserable for the rest of the winter.

Doing anything baby related today? Might end up telling a couple of our friends that we're pregnant, because when this lush turns down a drink tonight everyone will catch on right away.

Rants/Raves/Randoms: Just feeling happy that our basement is almost fully repaired and that DD and DH are feeling well enough to go to a party tonight. I love NYE. There's such a magical hopeful feeling all around. I have high hopes for 2016.

Questions? Where do you guys prefer to buy cute maternity clothes? I shopped at asos.com when I was pregnant with DD because most maternity options are boring as hell. I hate motherhood maternity. Their clothes are so bland and overpriced.

GTKY: What is your best/most favorite memory you'll take from 2015? There are so many with DD that I can't really narrow it down. She has grown so much this past year! Her second birthday party, beach vacations, Christmas morning, her first daddy-daughter date, etc. Even just regular ol' mornings with her are memorable. Also I won two "best actress" awards for two roles I played in local theaters. That was so fulfilling and awesome.
    Anniversary       

• Options
    How far along are you? 4w3d

How are you feeling?  I'm feeling okay.  Crampy, bloated, gassy and sore boobs.  No other noticeable symptoms.

Doing anything baby related today?  Nope.

Rants/Raves/Randoms:  I'm still so nervous about this being a viable pregnancy.  My betas haven't been very reassuring so I'm just anxious to have my third beta done on Monday and have some more answers.

Questions?  Can't think of any!

GTKY: What is your best/most favorite memory you'll take from 2015?  DH and I went to Vegas right after New Years last year for our 30th birthdays.  It was so much fun and I want to go back soon!  Other than that 2015 was a really difficult year for us and I am happy to put it behind us.
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 4 weeks 3 days 

How are you feeling? The random cramping is freaking me out a bit. But I know it can be normal. I almost think it's my bowels! Anyone feeling this? 

Doing anything baby related today? I've been reading about products to avoid and what makeup to switch to. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms: I'm pregnant! ha ;)

Questions? Anyone else having these weird bowel cramps? 

GTKY: What is your best/most favorite memory you'll take from 2015? We went to Hong Kong/Bali in the summer. It was a special trip! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 5 weeks today

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Not a whole lot of symptoms. A little cramping in the evenings but thats about it.

Doing anything baby related today? Just this..

Rants/Raves/Randoms: Today is NYE! We're hosting a party tonight at our house so I'm pretty excited. We love to host so its a good day

Questions? not much today..

GTKY: What is your best/most favorite memory you'll take from 2015? We went to my University roommates wedding in November in Mexico. Probably the best trip we've ever taken. Stayed in a fairly high class place and got to see a lot of people that we don't see often anymore!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 4w 6d 

How are you feeling? pretty good, no bad symptoms yet and luckily with my first I never had m/s, hoping for the same this go 'round!

Doing anything baby related today? We decided to tell my family tonight that we're expecting! Our family is really close and we all love food and booze so as soon as a glass is offered to me i'm just going to say "no thanks, im pregnant"  :D:D:D

Rants/Raves/Randoms: Anyone else dreading taking down the xmas decor? Our house always looks so empty right afterwards :(

Questions? nope

GTKY: What is your best/most favorite memory you'll take from 2015?  I was promoted this year to 'California Wine Ambassador' which sounds really important, but it just means more work same pay  :D But I did get to go to CA for a week and be introduced to most of the CA winemakers we represent.  Quite a perk to the job! Hope I can get away to go again in 2016! 

@TheTamedShrew Jessica Simpson has really cure maternity clothes, I think they are sold at Macys and Target has the best maternity jeans!

• Options
    How far along are you? 3w5d

How are you feeling? Other than the sore boobs and back I've had for about a week, feeling ok

Doing anything baby related today? Nope

Rants/Raves/Randoms: I'm trying and failing to stay in the moment. I keep worrying that this little poppyseed won't stick. AF would've been due tomorrow or Saturday - even though I have no indication that anything is wrong, I keep thinking that AF will still show up. Blah.

Questions? Not right now

GTKY: What is your best/most favorite memory you'll take from 2015? This was a tough year between our loss in June, some work related issues, and my parents both had some health issues. But my mom is cancer free and this BFP, while terrifying, is pretty exciting. Telling my SO about it was great :)

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    @TheTamedShrew I like stuff from Asos so I will have to check out the maternity section. Also stumbled upon Pink Blush Maternity online and they have some cute stuff that is reasonably priced. I have to wear business attire for work so I am dreading that stage. I am somewhat of a clothes whore so I am picky about what I wear. I hope I do not have to switch clothes for awhile.
    BFP #1  6/26/15, D&C 8/14/15
    BFP #2  12/22/15, EDD 9/1/16  :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies!

@letyourheartbeyourguide

• Options

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    How far along are you? 4 weeks today however the bump says 3w6d

How are you feeling? Bloated and gassy

Doing anything baby related today? I had my lab work done today and set up my first appointment

Rants/Raves/Randoms: kinda frustrated my first consult is Jan. 27th but my first U/S isn't until Feb. 17 I will be 11 weeks

Questions? Still cramping someone please tell me your still cramping too. I am nervous. It's light and intermittent not very painful but enough to notice. It happens a few times a day and last for just a few seconds.

Seeing two pink lines on a HPT and My long awaited Honeymoon trip to Hawaii are tied.

Me:24 ~~~~~ DH:26

High school Sweethearts 03/29/07

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

BFP 12/27/2015 EDD 9/8/2016

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Smashbox29 I'm having lots of cramping too. My doctor said its normal as long as it's not any stronger than normal AF cramps or significantly stronger on one side. I just keeping telling myself it's hormone driven!
  • Options
    KatBH said:
    @Smashbox29 I'm having lots of cramping too. My doctor said its normal as long as it's not any stronger than normal AF cramps or significantly stronger on one side. I just keeping telling myself it's hormone driven!
    @katBH @Smashbox29
    I've been cramping randomly too. I almost think it's gas/bowel movements! I can't tell the difference lol. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 4 weeks

How are you feeling? Yucky. Nausea off and on all day long, had unpleasant GI issues today as well. My stomach constantly gurgles as if hungry, even if I'm not really hungry. And it was gurgling LOUDLY at work today. Ugh. 

Doing anything baby related today?  Just TB lol. Oh, and also pretending to drink but not really drinking.

Rants/Raves/Randoms:  I'm also getting the light cramping that some other PPs have mentioned. 

Questions?  I am getting more pain/cramps on my left side than the middle or the right, and I'm kind of terrified of an ectopic pg. However, I noticed after O every month I always have more cramps in that same spot on the left. Could this be a cyst on the ovary? It kind of freaks me out. 

GTKY: What is your best/most favorite memory you'll take from 2015?  DH and I took a trip to Europe (4 different countries) at the beginning of September, which also kicked off our TTC journey. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    How far along are you? 4w4d

How are you feeling? Good for the most part. I am very tired, gassy, and have waves of nausea.

Doing anything baby related today? Nope

Rants/Raves/Randoms: just trying to stay busy to keep from being anxious

Questions?nope

GTKY: What is your best/most favorite memory you'll take from 2015? DH, DS, and I went to the beach and it was great. Also my BFP right before Christmas!