Parenting after 35

Weekly Check-in 12/20

How was your week?

QOTW: what is a holiday and/or winter season tradition that you are or hope to carry on with your family?
Me-37, DH-38
Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

Re: Weekly Check-in 12/20

• So good to be on vacation! Even if LO isn't sleeping any better, at least I can sleep in with him instead of getting up for work. Thankfully we're all slowly getting over our colds. And Grandma and grandpa babysat so DH and I could get a little date in. :)

QOTW: Looking forward to the candlelight service tonight, that is something we'll always want to do.

Happy holidays everyone!
    Me-37, DH-38

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• @mindaa glad you're getting some good rest and getting over the colds!

We are on our own this Christmas, but it has been really nice. My husband made dinner last night and lunch today, and we spent the morning opening presents and skyping with family and the afternoon listening, playing and singing along to Christmas songs.

QOTW: I hope the musical part of the holidays becomes a tradition! 

• Loading the player...
  • edited December 2015
    Hello. :) we have had an eventful week. We have grown out of our house! Literally. We have stockpiled furniture & boxes at a friends spare room for the next month while we try to sell our house.

To prepare we had our interior painted last week. It took longer to tHan expected & we dragged 2 Cots to said friends house for a family sleepover with 3 hours notice! We were only away one night thankfully. DH & I on a double bed. Yikes! And we're not that big.

Today we had a thorough cleaning. Including all the windows. How can their cleaning be so much shinier than when I attempt? Even the ceramic sink!!!

Baby's mom here BTW. Don't know why my name changed.
  • @marijaa333 - that actually sounds like a wonderful Christmas!
    Me-37, DH-38

• mindaamindaa member
    edited December 2015
    Hello. :) we have had an eventful week. We have grown out of our house! Literally. We have stockpiled furniture & boxes at a friends spare room for the next month while we try to sell our house. To prepare we had our interior painted last week. It took longer to tHan expected & we dragged 2 Cots to said friends house for a family sleepover with 3 hours notice! We were only away one night thankfully. DH & I on a double bed. Yikes! And we're not that big. Today we had a thorough cleaning. Including all the windows. How can their cleaning be so much shinier than when I attempt? Even the ceramic sink!!! Baby's mom here BTW. Don't know why my name changed.
    Yay, a new house will be so exciting! But geez what a huge undertaking during the holidays with two lo's - good luck!
    Me-37, DH-38