October 2015 Moms
Options

Stroller strides?

A few have mentioned stroller strides classes. It sounds great but I have a few questions. Do you use your regular stroller or do you have a jogging one? I know it's not recommended to jog until baby is older, but they'll allow you to come when baby is much younger. Do you just walk? Power walk? My baby is pretty fussy and will cry as soon as the stroller stops. Is there much downtime?
Thanks!

Re: Stroller strides?

• Options
    I've been taking SS classes for 2.5 years and love it! Great for making mom friends. I used a BJ city mini GT until having this LO and now a bumbleride indie double. neither strollers are technically joggers. It depends on the location of your class, too, and how much jogging you actually do. For instance, one of our classes is in a mall and it's much less jogging / power walking than when I go to an outdoor class at a park. You are welcome to power walk, too.

There is a lot of downtime. I'm dreading this when I go back to class on Monday. I'm not sure how DD is going to do with being still because she likes to move, too. DS (3 yo) enjoys sitting in the stroller with his toys and my phone if we are having a rough day.

At my location, the first class is free and I'm sure yours has that deal, too. If your LO can't handle it, try again a few months later! DS was good during class from 6 months on.
  • Options
    I went to a free class and I used a regular stroller and power walked. I felt there was too much down time for LO. Luckily he fell asleep at the beginning and stayed asleep. I want to try going back and hope LO either falls asleep again or is ok with the down time.