Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • SummerOHSummerOH member
    edited December 2015
    @Wicked4589 You seem to be in the minority of justifiable cases. I'm talking about the ones flipping out about an 8# baby.

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• My baby is big and doc has scheduled csection. Not everyone wants a section but their bodies can't physically birth them. Narrow pelvis with overly large head = baby in distress. So please keep that in mind. Baby is anticipated to be 11 lbs by the time of the csection. It's depressing to be looked down upon for having a section because of his size. Yes, I feel shamed by people. But my doc along with my high risk OB have agreed this is the best mode for baby.

A lot of doctors will tell you that so they can do a c-section instead of waiting for a mom to actually have the baby vaginally because they literally don't want to wait and want to keep it 9 to 5 hours. Many small women birth large babies. Also studies have shown a trial of labor before a c-section actually leads to better outcomes.
    I don't have OB's that lie to patients like that. My OB and MFM told me to my face there will be no c-section unless my baby is over 9lbs (per hospital policy) or if there is a true blue emergency. Many women are lied to because their OB doesn't want to deal with them after hours. Just want to throw that out there.
    I'm not sure how true this is... Considering it's usually the on call doctors that will deliver anyways if you go into labor at an odd time...
  • That's your choice, but it's my opinion your doctor is doing it for their conscience. Considering the further along you are the less accurate ultrasounds are. I get weekly ultrasounds only to measure amniotic fluid and to give a very rough estimate of how big my baby is, but my OB also has measured my belly since 10 weeks as is protocol with diabetics. I just think you should still try for the birth you want vs only going for a c-section.
  • An 8# baby may not seem big to some people but to a woman that is very petite, that is big. My mom is only 4'8" and had a very hard time delivering my sister when she was 7#. Also when you have a short torso, an average size baby can be down in the pelvis, and also up in your ribs. Everyone gets uncomfortable while being pregnant, but every woman is also in a different situation.
  • My baby is big and doc has scheduled csection. Not everyone wants a section but their bodies can't physically birth them. Narrow pelvis with overly large head = baby in distress. So please keep that in mind. Baby is anticipated to be 11 lbs by the time of the csection. It's depressing to be looked down upon for having a section because of his size. Yes, I feel shamed by people. But my doc along with my high risk OB have agreed this is the best mode for baby.

I have a narrow pelvis and with my first they did a growth ultrasound and said he'd be between 10 and 11lbs. He was born vaginally at 40 weeks at 8lbs4oz. Growth ultrasounds are notoriously inaccurate toward the end.

It sounds like you have other risk factors that they are taking into consideration, but I still think a big baby estimate is a ridiculous reason to schedule a c-section.

• My UO is I HATE fireworks..
    Always have.
    Only now there is a newborn in my house....I hate them even more.. If any of them wake him up- crazy momma will surface...
    I don't see the significance of fireworks to bring in a new year.. Just throw confetti
  • My UO is I HATE fireworks..
    Always have.
    Only now there is a newborn in my house....I hate them even more.. If any of them wake him up- crazy momma will surface...
    I don't see the significance of fireworks to bring in a new year.. Just throw confetti

Oh my God I am right there with you. I currently have 4 dogs, 3 of which are 70+ lbs laying on on top of me while trying to get comfortable with all of these stupid BH. As if breathing wasn't hard enough...