January 2016 Moms
Options

Mucus plug?!?!? (No pictures, Just questions)

lct11590lct11590 member
edited December 2015 in January 2016 Moms
I think I started to lose my mucus plug yesterday but there wasn't any blood in it like a lot of people refer to as the body show. Are those the same thing or different? I think I am still loosing iT..should I stay away from sex? I am clearly a ftm sp any advice helps lpl thanks

Re: Mucus plug?!?!? (No pictures, Just questions)

• Options
    It could still be your mucus plug without any bloody show. Just looks like a big wad if snot. As far as sex I asked the dr. He said it's okay as long as your water hasn't broken, but mothers say sex is a no no.
  • Options
    ambercakes92ambercakes92 member
    edited December 2015
    Mucus plug and bloody show are two different things :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Rach8672Rach8672 member
    edited December 2015
    I have been gradualy losing mine in pieces with a tiny bit of blood starting yesterday after my pap exam at the doctors . I've also been having contractions frequently but nothing painful .... Wish this actually meant something but could be hours , days or weeks , sigh ! I'm due Jan 10
  • Options
    Two different things.  It looks like a wad of snot.  Yes, as long as your water didn't break, you can have all the sex (unless restricted for other medical reasons, obvs)

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

DS1 01/08/03 DD1 08/11/04 DD2 10/06/08 DS2 09/30/14

SURPRISE!  Hannah May born 01/22/16

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

• Options
    So if they are two different things what/ when does the bloody show happen and what is the difference? Everything I read makes it sound like they are the same.thjng
  • Options
    jeanbug12jeanbug12 member
    edited December 2015
    lct11590 said:

So if they are two different things what/ when does the bloody show happen and what is the difference? Everything I read makes it sound like they are the same.thjng

You can have blood in your mucus plug. You loose your mucus plug when your cervix dialated far enough that it dislodges, the cervix can bleed a bit when it dialates. The bloody show may just be blood, my bloody show happened when I was in the hospital in labor with DD I had been sitting in a rocking chair and there was a small puddle of blood from my cervix dilating quickly.
  • Options
    From what I've gathered it seems that losing your mucous plus can happen anytime and you can lose it more than once or in pieces over a period of time. But I believe bloody show means labor is coming very soon. My midwives said there's no reason to call them if I lose my plug, but to call if there's bloody show. I think it's always worth calling if you see any blood just to be on the safe side.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be having sex simply because I'd be scared of more of that coming out in the middle of it. I lost my mucus plug on Tuesday and I thought that was it, then nothing on Wednesday, but this morning and this evening there's been more of it... Not even sure how it's possible. So gross! Anyway I'd just be scared to have sex. You can't unsee that.