June 2016 Moms

Thursday Check-In: NYE Edition!

How far along are you: 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: 

What are you doing to get ready for baby? 

Questions? 

GTKY: Other than the obvious (having a new bundle(s) of joy come June!) what are you most looking forward to in the new year? 

Re: Thursday Check-In: NYE Edition!

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you: 16 weeks :)

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:
    I've had more energy lately which has been great :) I've been feeling pretty good, hope it lasts. Just back pain from time to time.

What are you doing to get ready for baby?
    Adding things to our registry. My parents bought us a pack N play and some clothes for Christmas - so cute! I'm going to a second hand store today to try and get some maternity shirts.

Questions?

GTKY: Other than the obvious (having a new bundle(s) of joy come June!) what are you most looking forward to in the new year?
    I'm looking forward to our babymoon in March, the end of the school year, and putting a fence up in our backyard! It'll be so much easier to just open the door and let the dogs out instead of so many walks. Also, more privacy for our not-very-private corner lot backyard.
    Married July 2014
    DD born June 2016
    Second due August 2020 (team green!)
  • How far along? 16+1

Rants/Raves/Symptoms. Feeling good today. Little tired though.

What are you doing to get ready? Nothing

Questions None

GTKY. Honestly? The end of winter lol. It's long here and snowy. I'm ready for Spring already.
  • @crdo isnt it SO annoying when you think you're I'm the clear only to have the puke fairy show again? I lost my breakfast in the shower at 14+1 and was just like, wtf is going on.

How far along are you: 14+6

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Still mild nausea here and there but not terrible. My lower stomach muscles were crazy sore yesterday with all the stretching going on so maybe a real bump will surface soon? Maybe?

What are you doing to get ready for baby? Trying to keep up with sleep and eating real foods now that MS seems to be subsiding for real.

GTKY: Other than the obvious (having a new bundle(s) of joy come June!) what are you most looking forward to in the new year?
    Having coffee again! I know you can have some caffeine while pregnant but its not the same as being able to get a coffee whenever you want and not worrying about the caffeine concentration etc.
  • @Sgoldberg247 omg you're right- how did I not say coffee!?  Even trying to get pregnant, I made sure I never exceeded 2 cups a day.  I am so excited to be able to just have caffeine when I damn well feel like having caffeine.  I looove coffee, and June will be right in time for frappucinos, iced coffees, iced caps, and all the other glorious caffeinated wonders of the world.
  • @mrsschmity: Sure does! And thanks...at this point I'm so used to getting sick it's not even a big deal anymore, lol. Glad you're feeling better!

@Sgoldberg247: Yes! Annoying is right. Ugh, sorry you've still got the puke fairy hanging around, too. Getting sick in the shower isn't fun....but it's easy clean up? :s
  • How far along are you: 14+5

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Not many symptoms right now, luckily my back pain is better today! I'm just enjoying being on vacation and trying to not think about work and school!!

What are you doing to get ready for baby? Just thinking about some registry items! So many things!!!

GTKY: Other than the obvious (having a new bundle(s) of joy come June!) what are you most looking forward to in the new year? I just realized I graduate from school this year!!!!!!!!! I am so excited now!! And also were going to try and buy a house so I'm excited for that too! And hopefully getting DH a new car after we settle into a house!

• How far along are you: 15w5d

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: No symptoms to speak of. Rave: Another Blues game tonight for us! And these are the good tickets. Rant: The flooding road closures are making our 45 minute drive into an over 2 hour drive with the detours, but at least we can still make it to the game!

What are you doing to get ready for baby? Girl names are always running through my head. I see those dumb click-bait links to name lists on FB and can't help but look through them. 

GTKY: Other than the obvious (having a new bundle(s) of joy come June!) what are you most looking forward to in the new year?  I am looking forward to (possibly) taking DD to Disney World this Spring! Also, my uncle gave us two bottles of 2013 Norton from his hobby vineyard. It's my favorite and the stuff he makes is the best I've had. So I'm really excited about that, even though I'll be BFing and have to really limit what I have.
    June 2016 April Siggy Challenge: Reasons my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @crdo, @SMLmom, and @Sgoldberg247sorry y'all are still feeling nauseated and FX you all are feeling better soon!

@DeePaddy24 Sorry about the massage cancellation.  I'd be sad, too! I've only ever had one massage and it was lovely. Hopefully they can reschedule you for another one soon.

@ahernandez16 Happy moving day!

How far along are you: 17+1

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Rant- I REALLY need to clean the house today after Christmas chaos and am doing A LOT of procrastinating but IT HAS TO GET DONE and I'm pouting about it.

What are you doing to get ready for baby? Have a contractor coming to the house next week to help us make some decision regarding converting our garage to living space and other renovations so that's very exciting.

Questions? Nope.

GTKY: Other than the obvious (having a new bundle(s) of joy come June!) what are you most looking forward to in the new year?  I am looking forward to what I am hoping will be a more calm semester at school.  Last semester nearly killed me and I usually love my job, so I'm looking forward to going back and rekindling the flame :) Also looking forward to starting and finishing work on the house. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you: 15W6D

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Rant: In the beginning I lost about 10 lbs from MS, and I have gained all back but Im pretty sure its all boobs. They are ridiculous :( Rave: Sine I am carrying two at every OB appt I get an ultrasound to check their heart rate. Oh my how they have grown since my last appt. I was able to see arms and legs- Baby A is laying up and down and Baby B is relaxing on his\her sibling laying side to side. Still unable to tell their gender, but Im looking forward to my Level 2 Ultrasound in a few weeks.

What are you doing to get ready for baby? Still cleaning out my oldest sons room and packing up all his old clothes and organizing to make room for these two.

Questions? Just curious to hear how the other June 2016 Moms of Multiples are doing

GTKY: Other than the obvious (having a new bundle(s) of joy come June!) what are you most looking forward to in the new year?  Im ready to know what the new normal for my family will be. Im kind of nervous for the transition of 1 child to 3 and also caring for two newborns at one time. Im already exhausted just thinking about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a question actually! What bras are you ladies using?! My boobs have grown so much and my bras no longer fit so I need to get new ones :(
  • I buy one Calvin Kline the next size up at a time, but yesterday I bout a Bella nursing bra too and really like that.
  • How far along are you: 14w 1d

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I think I have a cold. Whatever is wrong with me, I'm miserable. I threw up for the first time in over a week today and I think I tore something in my esophagus because I was vomiting trace amounts of blood.

GTKY: Other than the obvious (having a new bundle(s) of joy come June!) what are you most looking forward to in the new year? So much! I can't wait to see my husband as a father. I didn't really understand how children could make you feel closer to your partner but I totally get it now. I am just looking forward to a new normal. Everything's going to change so soon and I don't want to be one of those people who promises that everything is going to stay the same and then end up horribly disappointed when that's not true. This is so counter to my personality so I'm really embracing this new feeling of relaxation and go with the flow.
  • @catherinekate I'm sorry you had to deal with that!  It sounds like you have a great attitude. I feel like that about having another one (especially in our small apartment).  It's gonna be somewhat crazy but at least never boring.

@Bee112309 Good luck with your course.  That's awesome.  I have a lot of nurse friends and relatives and they always seem to be the nicest people.  
  • ahernandez16ahernandez16 member
    edited December 2015
    @MrsB8214 @Bee112309 yay for graduating!! Class of 2016! *Internet high five*
  • @catherinekate maybe check with the OB? It could be nothing, but for something that unusual (blood in vomit), I'd call. Sorry you're feeling lousy!
  • How far along are you: 15w4d

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: RLP and some light movement if I really focus... Also experienced my first round of lightning crotch which I am wondering if anyone else is feeling this?

What are you doing to get ready for baby? Starting to clean out the "man cave" to make the nursery :)

Questions? See above in symptoms

GTKY: Other than the obvious (having a new bundle(s) of joy come June!) what are you most looking forward to in the new year? Looking forward to a trip to Texas in April... Although it will be hot and I might be uncomfortable I'm excited for our last trip just us two <3
  • Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I kept forgetting to take my Diclectin while we were visiting my parents, and I learned that I REALLY need it still. So much barfing, ugh. 

What are you doing to get ready for baby? Oh just livin' life I guess

Questions? Nah

GTKY: Other than the obvious (having a new bundle(s) of joy come June!) what are you most looking forward to in the new year? My toddler was a super late walker (18 1/2 months) so last summer was not the running-around happy playtime I had really envisioned. Excited that this coming summer it'll be a lot easier for us to go play outside without me just having to carry her everywhere! I'm also starting up some new projects this year (I'm self-employed and trying to diversify from my one big contract that I hate) and am psyched to see where I can get with those.
  • Checking in quickly but saying Happy New Year ladies. Enjoy your night whatever you end up doing. Thanks for being a great support over the last couple of months and here is to tomorrow when we can say we are having our babies "THIS YEAR!!"

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers