March 2016 Moms

Weekly Ticker Change 12/28

(Searched and couldn't find one already started! Everyone must be busy!!)

Weeks/Size:

Team Blue/Pink/Green:

What's new with baby?

Appointments?

Any new preparations for baby?

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings:

Questions?

GTKY: Who will be staying up until midnight on New Year's Eve??

Re: Weekly Ticker Change 12/28

• Weeks/Size: 30 tomorrow--cucumber (must be just for length! That's a huge cucumber.)

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

What's new with baby? Developing a strong grip. Also seems to be kicking in four places at once in there. Someone started playing Twister and didn't invite me!

Appointments? Next week

Any new preparations for baby? DH painted her room today!! Slight rant...he's a terrible painter and is so messy, he managed to step in paint and track it down our carpeted stairs. Deep breaths prepare you for more than just labor.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: I'm getting pretty emotional. I feel like I'm at the end of my pregnancy, comparing my body, mood and physical sensations to the end of my last two. But 10 weeks to go?? I want to cry!!

Questions? So we all know that drinking a cold glass of water will likely wake up the baby if she's not moving around (not a problem here). So cold affects the baby. What about hot liquids? I sometimes worry about drinking a cup of very hot tea. Would that hurt the baby?

Unlikely! We are taking the kids to the science center for some family activities in the morning and a countdown and giant balloon drop at noon. My 8-year old asked me, "Mom! Can we stay up late on New Year's Eve? Like maybe 9:00???" I laughed and said yes, if they could manage to stay up that late. We have always been lucky with early bedtimes for the kids at our house!
  • jilloboe said:

Questions? So we all know that drinking a cold glass of water will likely wake up the baby if she's not moving around (not a problem here). So cold affects the baby. What about hot liquids? I sometimes worry about drinking a cup of very hot tea. Would that hurt the baby?

I've been battling a cold the past week and hot tea has been my bff. So I'd say hot tea is safe. :smile:
  • Loading the player...
  • Weeks/Size: 31 weeks Pineapple (Holy crap!)

Team Blue/Pink/Green: BLUE

What's new with baby?
    Loves to hit/kick me in my cervix for one. Brain, nerve, and eye development this week.

Appointments? Had my glucose test today. Dr said she expects test to come back high bc there was a lot of sugar in my urine. Anyone else experience this and have the test come back okay? I'm really dreading the possibility of a 3 hour test!

Any new preparations for baby? Baby shower coming up soon!

Movements have slowed down so doc wants me to start doing a kick count. Insomnia strikes again...

Questions? See above question regarding glucose test.

GTKY: Who will be staying up until midnight on New Year's Eve?? We shall see! I'll be driving 8 hours to Florida to visit my grandma that day so idk if I'm going to hang til midnight after driving all day!
  • Weeks/Size: 29w4d/acorn squash

Team Blue/Pink/Green: blue

What's new with baby?

Appointments? Tuesday. Hard to believe I'm already going on every two weeks now!

Any new preparations for baby? I'm really going to push DH to get DS1's new room done in January so I will have time to set it up, wash and set up all the baby stuff and have time left over to freeze meals. This simple project has taken too long!

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: hating all the kicks to and rolls in the ribs. I forgot what an awful feeling it is.

Questions?

GTKY: Who will be staying up until midnight on New Year's Eve?? Not me! With a toddler, I am in bed by 10 to guarantee I can function the next day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Weeks/Size: 30 weeks/ size of a motorcycle helmet

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Green

What's new with baby? His or her vision is improving and they are gaining weight like it's their job.

Appointments? Not till the 18th, then every 2 weeks.

Any new preparations for baby? I am washing some baby laundry today. Also, we will be ordering our rocker and hanging prints in the nursery over the long weekend.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Lots of heartburn and acid reflux this week.

Questions? When is the best time to start packing my hospital bag?

I doubt I will. I am usually passed out by 10/10:30 these days.

• Weeks/Size: 31 weeks (tomorrow)- the size of a pineapple!  Good thing I don't have to push one of those prickly things out!  Ouch!

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

What's new with baby?  All 5 senses are now in working order.  His brain and nerves are developing rapidly, as well as his eye development.

Appointments? I just had my injection this past Tuesday, and another one is scheduled for next Tuesday too.  I didn't get to see my doctor yesterday- I'm not sure if he is on vacation, but I know my regular nurse is, so I saw the other lady again.  No weight, no pee in a cup, no blood pressure...just a hello, injection, and good-bye!  I will be seeing my doctor next week. 

Any new preparations for baby? Other than panic?  Nope.  My crib is ready, but the mattress still isn't here- I don't have a bed set/sheets to make it with.  We are going tomorrow to buy just a cheap dresser at kmart, and a changing pad to put on top.  Dh's cousin still hasn't us the baby clothes, and we even offered to go pick them up from her- but she never replied back and we don't have her address (we do know she lives somewhere in the city near us).   She said we were more than welcome to come get them, but when we asked for the address, she never replied. 

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings:  Well, I'm back to feeling nauseated after everything I eat :(- I had chocolate chip pancakes this morning that tasted good going down but now they don't feel so good in my tummy.  I still have the usual: heartburn, constipation, etc.  A new one to add is kinda extreme- but brief- pelvic pressure.  I have to drive 1/2 hour to work, and after sitting for that long when I go to get out of the car and walk in, I feel like the baby is going to fall out of my vagina!  However, the more/longer I walk the faster it goes away.  The other night I got a roundhouse kick to my bladder so I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom, but I didn't give my body time to adjust so when I tried to sit on my toilet again I thought the baby was going to fall out- it hurt to the point I couldn't sit.  I stood there cross-legged so I wouldn't pee myself, and after maybe 5 seconds baby moved up so I could sit to pee.  

Questions?

GTKY: Who will be staying up until midnight on New Year's Eve??  I will try.  If not,  it may be one of those nights I fall asleep at 7ish just to wake up by 11 and not go back to bed until 2.  There is a chance I may get to see the ball drop lol.
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Weeks/Size: 29 weeks (wow time is flying)

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

What's new with baby? The size of an Acorn Squash

Appointments? Jan 8

Any new preparations for baby? Not yet moving in three weeks so just trying to get started packing.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Still have a cough from my bronchitis which unfortunately at night gets worse.

Questions? None

GTKY: Who will be staying up until midnight on New Year's Eve?? We stay up every year. New Year's is huge in my family and even though I won't be at my parents house we skype with them to celebrate. My kids love it since it's the one day a year they get to stay up really late.
  • Weeks/Size: 30/cucumber

What's new with baby? Strong enough to grasp a finger

Appointments? A week from tomorrow

Any new preparations for baby? I finally made a registry over the weekend.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: The 3-hour glucose test was as awful as I imagined. My arm is so bruised I look like an inept junkie, and it hurts to boot. I better not have failed.

Questions? I've heard arnica is good for bruises, anyone know if it's safe for pregnancy?

GTKY: Who will be staying up until midnight on New Year's Eve?? Not me. I'm not ready to accept 2016 as a reality enough to celebrate its arrival.
  • Weeks/Size: 30 weeks today! / cucumber

Team Blue/Pink/Green: pink

What's new with baby? Brain is getting wrinkly

Appointments? Jan 12

Any new preparations for baby? We finally finished painting her room! I think I've finalized the registry (for ourselves). I just need to wait a few more weeks for the completion discount :)

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: back pain when I do too much and an itchy stomach. I don't have PUPPS (jumped the gun on freaking out) but ugh so itchy!

Questions?

GTKY: Who will be staying up until midnight on New Year's Eve?? Not me! Lol. DH works overnight and DD will be asleep. I'm sure I'll fall asleep on the couch.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Weeks/Size: 29w,3d - "a acorn squash" (for you, @oceanchild)

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

What's new with baby? Putting on fat

Appointments? Had one Monday. Their scale says I weigh 5 lbs more than mine does. Blaming that on layers of clothing and clunky boots. Another one January 12. 

Any new preparations for baby? Not really. I'm still feeling like March is forever away and I've got loads of time to get ready. That will probably come back to bite me . . .

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Awful SPD, irritability (mostly with DH - he can do no right in my eyes lately.)

Questions? Does anyone bring their other kids to dr. appts? I never have, because my office is notoriously slow, but my babysitter isn't available in January and I think I'm just going to have to lug the kids along with me.

GTKY: Who will be staying up until midnight on New Year's Eve?? I will! I'm a night owl. Up at midnight most nights anyway. We'll see if I can keep DH up that long, though . . .
    Married 7.29.05 :: DD1 5.11.10 :: DD2 1.23.13 :: Baby Boy due 3.13.16!

March 2016 January Siggy: Pregnant Lady Problems
  • oceanchildoceanchild member
    edited December 2015
    @mrspepper05 I almost always have a least 2 of mine with me (will have all three at my next appt). My dr is pretty awesome about it though - he has 5 of his own, and my kids love him and he loves everyone's kids.
    "A acorn squash" makes me cringe every time LOL

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • @mrspepper05 I brought my DD with me to one of my appointments.  My doctor loved it lol- he is old enough to be MY grandfather. You can tell he really enjoys kids :)  Most of them do, or they shouldn't be in the profession they chose lol.

February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • oceanchildoceanchild member
    edited December 2015
    Weeks/Size: 29w yesterday – Barbie's pink convertible or an adorable New England cottontail rabbit .. Oh yeah – or "*A* acorn squash" Urgh
    Team Blue/Pink/Green: still a surprise
    What's new with baby? just the usual 29w stuff, I'd imagine
    Appointments? next Tuesday (the 5th) I start on the biweeklies!
    Any new preparations for baby? impromptu family room mini-renovations are getting closer to completion – wall where built-in was is painted and carpet people should be coming soon
    Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: running out of breath constantly, SPD is miserable, feeling nervocited, still craving *all* the carbs

GTKY: Who will be staying up until midnight on New Year's Eve? Probably not us. Maybe? We haven't made it the past couple years, but since DH has been working on the family room stuff he has been up later than our usual 10p bedtime, so it's possible. Will probably play one of the kid countdowns on Netflix for them before we put them down (you can start them anytime and there are several cute ones)

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Weeks/Size: 30+2

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Green

What's new with baby?

Appointments? Just had Rhogam and Tdap shots last week...routine check next Friday then start every two weeks after that.

Any new preparations for baby? Ordered more small stuff from Amazon, organizing items into bins or baskets in the room.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: This kid is killing my ribs if I sit for any length of time!! Only comfortable if standing or laying completely flat.

Questions?

GTKY: Who will be staying up until midnight on New Year's Eve?? I'll try, but so tired lately I doubt I'll make it. Looking forward to bon fire in the crisp winter weather we are having.

• Weeks/Size: 31 weeks

What's new with baby? Developing senses and light sensitivity

Appointments? January 7th

Any new preparations for baby?finished painting Ds and baby's room and build moved around dressers for both of them. Ds's room is almost done except for the wall decals which I promised we would do in the morning. The nursery still has a long way to go but at least the paint is dry

I have had a headache for 2 days and sinus pressure. I am hoping I am just getting a cold (this is how my bp issues started with Ds and since I have had some creeping numbers best case scenario I am getting a cold).

I will try. Dh and I are taking Ds to bully bees (indoor playground) and going out for dinner. Hoping to tire Ds out do we can have some grown up time tomorrow night. We are going to pick up some sparkling cider and will probably play video games and watch the count down.
  • Weeks/Size: 31, pineapple!  

Team Blue

What's new with baby? He's packing on the pounds and sleeping longer stretches.  All 5 senses are in gear.  

Appointments? in 2 weeks.  

Any new preparations for baby? hmm... I made a registry for anything we didn't have/save or needed so we could get the completion coupons.  

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: the nesting urge hits me hard for a couple days, then I get exhausted for a couple days, then the nesting urge hits again... I love seeing the progress!  

Questions? My question is... what am I forgetting??  

GTKY: Who will be staying up until midnight on New Year's Eve?? I'm going to to try, and we are going to a party, but...  
  • Weeks/Size: 28 weeks. Size of an eggplant

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Blue! :smiley:

What's new with baby? Going to come out covered in hair, moms heart burn is out of control. Also found my ribs been hanging out there a lot.

Appointments? On Monday. Will be asking about what I can take for heartburn a long with the iron supplement I'm on.

Any new preparations for baby? Our lease is up in February, we've started looking for a house!

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: So much heartburn I cry sometimes. Craving Dr Pepper and chocolate. Maybe chocolate just because there's been so much of it around.

Questions? Anybody know what I can take for heartburn with the iron supplement? The bottle says no antacids so I've just been suffering or drinking milk.

We will be celebrating christmas at my mom's with all of my siblings and step siblings so we will be staying up! I can't wait to hang out with my family!
  • Weeks/Size: 29- acorn squash!

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Team Green, but DH and I both think we are having another girl- 11 more weeks until we know!!

What's new with baby? Kicking so much more! Growing like a weed too!

Appointments? Jan 11th

Any new preparations for baby? We ordered almost all of our necessities- we didn't need much- a double stroller, bed for DD so we can transition her out of the crib, etc... Just waiting for things to arrive!

Questions?

GTKY: Who will be staying up until midnight on New Year's Eve?? I'll be trying to! I'm on my own this year- DH is on call tonight at the hospital and I'm sure he'll be super busy because of drunk driving accidents and such (hooray responsibility...) so it'll just be me and the pups :) I can enjoy some bubbly seltzer water in a champagne glass on the couch in my jammies #winning!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker