Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY: New Years Eve anyone?

Trying to dive back In here...anyone have any fun New Year's Eve happenings going on tomorrow they want to share?

We are just staying in and watching football I think.  Will probably get some champagne to share and hopefully make it until midnight. :smile: 
                                                                          Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: GTKY: New Years Eve anyone?

• DH and I always say we'll stay up until midnight, but we both usually call it quits at about 10:30 lol. Neither of us drink, so we never really see any point in going out anywhere. I have to work tomorrow and Friday anyway, so boo.
    Me: 28 | Hubs: 36
    TTC #1 // Benched until further notice
    Type I Bipolar Disorder & ECT

• My husband and I always stay in, order a pizza and watch the ball drop. Husband usually falls asleep before then. We shall see. Haha.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Loading the player...
  • @allichelle yuck to the work!  My husband works tomorrow, but has off on New Year's Day.  Maybe this year is the year you will make it till midnight!  ;) 
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• DH has to work so I will be home with the dogs watching earthcam.com
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• DH and I haven't talked about it at all.  I know they gave the employees both NYE and NYD as holidays, but I kind of suspect DH will go in and work at least tomorrow since we just got back from a trip.  Possibly we'll play games or watch something and stay up for a while, though I doubt I'll be up until midnight unless I manage a nap earlier in the day!  I'm also not particularly sure I want to be up that late... 
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Hopefully not much. We are getting colossal crab legs and steak and then we are toying with walking to our usual restaurant but I just want sleep.
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @PeggyOlsonFTW enjoy that wine!! :)
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Dh and I don't have plans. He has to work on Friday and gets up at 4:30am so he definitely won't make it to the ball drop. We'll probably just order dinner in.

@MrsDho11 what type of games do you and your dh play? My dh and I have recently gotten into board games and I've been on the lookout for games that are fun for just two players.
    Me: 29 & DH: 33
    Married: May 2009
    ttc #1 since October 2015
    BFP: 3/8 - CP
  • We are going out to visit a friend at her new beach house and going to a private event at a bar she frequents out there. It won't be a big event, but we get to dress up!
  • @LINDSEYRVA I always get excited when we get to dress up! DH and I are such homebodies, we hardly ever go out, especially to places that require dressing up. Have fun! :)
    Me: 28 | Hubs: 36
    TTC #1 // Benched until further notice
    Type I Bipolar Disorder & ECT

• Working 11 hour shift (7am-6pm), rushing home, trying to make myself look decent, dinner with family, drinks at a bar/restaurant party with friends until midnight and much later I'm sure.
    I want to do NONE of this. Especially the work part.
    I want jammies and snuggles with my puppy. Darn DH for wanting to be a social butterfly. I'm sure it will be fun, but I'm worn out just thinking about it.
    Married 2011
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Fur child: One awesome Golden Retriever
    IUI August 2016  : Cancelled due to polyp
    September 2016: Polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    October 2016: IUI #1- BFN
    November 2016: IUI #2- BFN
    December 2016: IUI #3 - BFN
    January/February 2017 - IVF + ICSI + PGD
    March 2017 - FET

• @allichelle thank you! I wouldn't call us homebodies, but we've definitely calmed down a bunch in the past few years. We were content to stay home and hang out, but this opportunity came up and we couldn't help but get into the mindframe that with any luck, this will be our last child-free NYE, so we felt like we should do something.
  • Working. Bleh. I've worked most holidays the past 8ish years so I guess I should be used to it.
    Also, yay a fellow Nole! I almost bought tickets to the game and just pull an all day and then all nighter (I live a couple hours from where it's held) but I would never make it through the work night.
  • @NovaSaysNo yuck to the work part....yay to the Noles part!! My husband is working tomorrow during the game too. He keeps telling me he will just have it on at his desk because so many people are off. Hopefully we can finish out the season with a win!!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• We're spending time with friends but I'm kind of not looking forward to it because they live 45 minutes away from us. They've offered their house up for anyone to sleep over but I hate sleeping in strange places and we have a dog we need to take out. So we'll be driving 45 minutes home, which gives me anxiety because of the increased percentage of drunk drivers.

I would rather just hang out on the couch than deal with the anxiety around all of the options associated with our NYE choice. Ugh, introvert with anxiety problems...

• Ok, so as I mentioned before, New Year's is the big family holiday for us bears on unicycles. This year we went all out to make it special for my mom. She is a nurse with what is called extended training, and works in a very remote village in Northern Quebec, providing care for a primarily native population that still lives by a very traditional lifestyle. She's usually away from home for a few months, then back for a couple of weeks, and so on. My mom is kind of a badass. Anyway...

My brother and sister, who are 19 and 18 respectively, have the run of the family house in Montreal when she is gone. They do okay, mostly, but sometimes get behind with regards to cleaning. So, last weekend, DH and I travelled to their house, helped scrub it from top to bottom (My siblings did a great job helping. They are good kids. They just haven't fully grasped upkeep yet, and let things get gross.), replaced my mom's crappy little New Year's tree with a giant fancy one, decorated, and did a metric f*ck tonne of groceries.

Mom got home yesterday, and was beside herself with joy, so that part of the mission was a success. It was awesome. So, tomorrow we are going over to Montreal to celebrate and do the gift exchange. I spent today making various traditional potato salads to bring. Bears on unicycles are serious about potato salads. 10 pounds of potatoes were harmed in the making of these salads. Everything I own is stained with beets, and smells like salted herring. Life is beautiful.
    TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • We stayed in last year, this year we are having a night in a nice hotel with a 5 course gala dinner, jazz band and dj and I can't bloody wait!

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm hoping the rec hall across the field from my place has fireworks again. They put on an amazing show that we can watch from my bedroom window!! The kids love it. But because we aren't members at the rec hall we never know when to expect the fireworks. Otherwise, I'm quite likely just to go to bed early... I'm so boring.

#1 DS Apr.2010    #2 DD Feb.2013    #3 DS Sept.2016

• We aren't big drinkers and aren't very social so we just stay in.  Sometimes we go out to dinner but this year my in-laws are in town and FIL said he'll take care of dinner tonight.  I'll take care of the wine, he'll take care of the rest.  If we're lucky I'll make it to midnight, but it's not likely.
  • @FSUNole31, I woke up at 6 this morning and decided screw it. We're going to the game and I'm just going to suffer through work tonight!
  • @NovaSaysNo jealous!!! Have so much fun!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• @FSUNole31 this is my first game since I left home ten years ago. I shall scream in your honor. :)
  • We are driving 5-6 (or infinity depending on traffic) hours to NYC. I am super bummed this year because we usually hang out with my best friend before visiting my family the next day but she has become increasingly flaky and didn't want to hang out/us staying with her. We have other friends to hang out with but I am feeling rejected and unloved and feeling hopeless about our friendship. I am also feeling cruddy with a cold but I'm going to pull myself together and have a good time and hopefully find myself on a rooftop to watch the fireworks. 
  • I'm working in midtown Manhattan today, so I am mostly hoping I can finish up and get to Penn Station before the ish hits the fan.  

Beyond that I'm stopping at my favorite butcher shop to pick up some steaks and we'll be grilling, drinking wine, and eating lava cakes while staying up to watch Taylor Swift's new video.  

Damn we are exciting.

• No plans really. Although DH did request some special outfits for sexy times tonight. Other than that, I'm sure we will be sleeping when the ball drops, since DH has to be at work at 6am tomorrow.
  • My husband and I moved to the city from the suburbs this year, so I feel like we would be really lame to just sit at home. A friend is having a party and it's walking distance, so we are going there. Only on CD 3 so I'm pretty sure I will be drinking, even though I pretty much never drink..
  • Some of our friends are throwing a party at their house. Foosball, beer pong and such. I think we are going over there. They are having a black tie ish theme. So we get to get all dressed up and pretty.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @anj27 What are you doing in NYC to celebrate? I miss the city a lot, so I'm going to live vicariously through you ;)

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• DH and I usually both work the holiday, but this year we both have it off! Which is Miraculous, because we are both in retail. He made dinner reservations out at Pier 39 (We live near San Francisco) and then we are going to stay out and watch the fireworks!!! 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @ChelleCPA - we play a lot of strategy type games. So Seven Wonders, Pandemic, Dominion, etc.  Probably if we do play games tonight it'll be Dominion.  And maybe some Pandemic as well!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• @FSUNole31 it hurts so much. I paid for that hurt. I paid for lower level seats and parking and I didn't sleep today and have to go to work tonight. On the plus side I did a lot of screaming and that felt cathartic.
  • @NovaSaysNo I thought about you today as I watched the train wreck on tv. Luckily we somehow managed to keep the score somewhat close even though we played like garbage so it wasn't a compete blow out. I hope work goes by quickly for you tonight and you can get some sleep!!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• I bought a cute sexy dress on Black Friday thinking we might go somewhere hip (heh, like that ever really happens), but friends of friends are having a party and H wants to go.  With this group I could probably go in thrift store jogging pants and a holey Harry Potter sweatshirt and fit right in.  

I'd rather stay home at this point.  We're having family Christmas part II tomorrow and I *just* remembered I told them I would bring cookies and buckeye candies, which means early morning baking. 

Hope everyone has really fun nights, whatever your plans!  
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• @DarthFuriosa awe how sweet for your momma!!! :)

Played games with the fam and made snack foods with MIL. Dh and fil fell asleep while MIL and younger BIL and I rang in the new year. Had to wake up dh and remind him that we had a real shot at a nye conception ;) night yall!!

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• @PeggyOlsonFTW It was very low key, we just went out to dinner with some friends then hung out at their apartment before walking over to Prospect Park in time for the fireworks. We've never done anything super wild on NYE in the city, mostly just house parties but I love love love fireworks to ring in the new year. I miss living in the city too, but mostly just living in any city, and we are thinking about moving back to the small city near us in the next couple of years if we can find an affordable place. I think it would be fun to live in the city for a few years especially with a little one. 
  • @anj27 Fun! I love Prospect Park. We lived near there for years. DH proposed there <3

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• anj27anj27 member
    edited January 2016
    @PeggyOlsonFTWAww how sweet! We never got to live in nice parts of the city but we had enough space and a spectacular view.