October 2015 Moms

NBR: Chiropractor Experiences

My median nerve is compressed (thank you labor and delivery!) so my GP is sending me to a chiropractor. DH of course thinks I'll end up worse off than I currently am, however I am so ready to not have this awful pain in my shoulder and numbness down my arm. It's my left shoulder/arm and of course I'm left-handed and about to go back to teaching first grade next week so I want as much relief as possible before then.

Has anyone been to a chiropractor before? Do you feel it was worth your time? Thanks in advance! I hope that no one is able to respond to this until morning because that means everyone and their LOs are sleeping :) (Ha! nice thought though!)

Re: NBR: Chiropractor Experiences

• whitemn04whitemn04 member
    edited December 2015
    I go. It helps me a lot. I had sciatic issues before pregnancy but during it was worse. I made weekly appointments the last month of pregnancy then have gone once after 8 weeks. I feel so much better, it worth a shot!

Edited to add my LO is finally sleeping but I'm afraid to put him down for fear of another 3 hours of crying!
  • I highly recommend it. I had severe migraines since childhood and always had bad lower back pain around my time of the month. I started going about 5 years ago, since then I've only had 2 migraines and back is 1,000 times better. If you find a good one its SO worth it. I went throughout pregnancy and plan to take LO when he hits 6 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • I went 2-3x per week while pregnant. I had a rib that kept popping out and a lot of low back pain and it helped something. However, the only thing that really helped was having a baby and getting the extra weight off. Other than during pregnancy, I have seen a chiropractor for over 20 years. It can really help and I would recommend giving it a try
  • I go weekly and went weekly throughout my pregnancy.  I had terrible pain in my lower back and neck and the chiropractor has made it almost disappear.  I have a nerve problem in my right arm and having the chiropractor work on my neck has made great improvements with that too.  I also believe that seeing my chiropractor has helped with terrible sinus and reflux problems.  I plan to start taking LO in the next few weeks.
  • Thank you all! You're making me feel better! Apparently the guy I'm seeing is the best chiropractor in my town so hopefully my experience will be a good one!

@whitemn04 I totally forgot about sciatic pain! That was awful after DD1, but not until almost 6 months after. It subsided during this pregnancy, I'm hoping I don't have to re-add it to my list of my issues lol
  • I tore a disc in my back 11 years ago and hurt my hip as well. My chiropractor is great! I was able to avoid surgery and I think of him as a member of the family. In fact, I saw him once every week to 2 weeks during pregnancy and am now seeing him once a month.
  • My chiropractor is an acupuncturist also and the combination of the two is amazing! I always felt so much looser after seeing him. And acupuncture is very relaxing too.
  • Out of curiosity, what does a chiropractor do for LO? I've never heard of taking babes to a chiropractor!
  • I haven't taken a baby to a chiropractor but I heard they do more of a massage on them that is supposed to help realign them.
  • It's 100% worth it *IF* you get a good practitioner. I started seeing this hack in my town and he was horrible. My friend recommended a different one, and he has helped a lot. Good luck