WTF Wednesday

Let it all out here
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    W. T. F. I have been at the hospital now for 3 hours....waiting for them to find my blood type before I go in for my scheduled c-section. The dr scheduled this almost 6 weeks ago....they are afraid I might need a blood transfusion because I have a rare blood thing called Anti-E...I am grateful that they are going to get the right blood but COME ON! Plus I find out I am already in Labor....I didn't know .... Can't feel it. Trying to be patient! While I am typing this they told me it might be ANOTHER hour!?!
  • Options
    The week before my son was born I sent a "rule" list of common sense things I expected from my family.
    My sisters don't agree with it- how can I tell?
    Rule # 1 was to inform me when they plan on visiting.
    While in the hospital they showed up twice without letting me know.
    Since I've been home one sister told my mom she was coming to my house, but didn't tell me.

Listen...... Next time, I won't open the door. That's it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    WTF, face?? Isn't it bad enough that I look like I'm smuggling a small moon under my shirt? That I walk like a weeble-wobble? That I have the energy levels of a comatose house cat? That I can't shave my legs so I already look like a wookie/human hybrid from the waist down?

Do we have to keep piling its-the-night-before-Junior-Prom acne onto my list of woes? This is gross and I hate you.

I don't know who I feel worse for: me, or my poor husband because he has to look at me. :(
  • Options
    Wtf to missouri weather it was a TW yesterday but today my weekly dr appt was cancelled due to all the flooding and road closures :( I wanted to see how far progressed I was!!!! Now I have to wait another week, which is my due date
  • Options
    This week has just been drama and I'm not a fan of drama and it's not even anyone's fault so I can't be legitimately mad about it. Close friends of ours a going through a rough patch and it's stressful for us because we don't like to see our friends struggle and there isn't much we can do right now. My SIL's grandmother is in the hospital for a brain bleed and that has everyone on edge for her health. Again, not anyone's fault but I don't like when my friend and family are struggling and I'm worried about them.

These I can be mad about:
    Pulled a tick that was feasting on my blood off my arm on Monday and asked my OB about it today at my appointment and he was absolutely zero help. I just wanted to know if the bite looked infected or if it was normal to have a black dot where you pull a tick off. His answer "call your family physician." Gee thanks. I'll make ANOTHER appointment somewhere else and be charged for a non-routine visit because our insurance only covers visits if you're healthy. I'll just ointment and band-aid it until it either improves or gets worse.
    Then I came home to the toilet overflowing because my nephew took a huge dump and didn't bother to make sure it all went down. Aaarrrgggg!!!!!!!
  • Options
    This week has just been drama and I'm not a fan of drama and it's not even anyone's fault so I can't be legitimately mad about it. Close friends of ours a going through a rough patch and it's stressful for us because we don't like to see our friends struggle and there isn't much we can do right now. My SIL's grandmother is in the hospital for a brain bleed and that has everyone on edge for her health. Again, not anyone's fault but I don't like when my friend and family are struggling and I'm worried about them. These I can be mad about: Pulled a tick that was feasting on my blood off my arm on Monday and asked my OB about it today at my appointment and he was absolutely zero help. I just wanted to know if the bite looked infected or if it was normal to have a black dot where you pull a tick off. His answer "call your family physician." Gee thanks. I'll make ANOTHER appointment somewhere else and be charged for a non-routine visit because our insurance only covers visits if you're healthy. I'll just ointment and band-aid it until it either improves or gets worse. Then I came home to the toilet overflowing because my nephew took a huge dump and didn't bother to make sure it all went down. Aaarrrgggg!!!!!!!
    In my experience with ticks black dot could mean some of the tick is still left inside? Have you tried using some hydrogen peroxide to coax it out? Otherwise you're most likely ok - unless you know, it was super tiny and scary deer tick like. That would put me over the edge though!
  • Options
    amargaret24amargaret24 member
    edited December 2015
    My fiance is being super sensitive right now. I feel like I'm dealing with a hormonal teenager who reacts towards everything I say. I'm walking on some serious egg shells right now and don't know how to handle it. No offense to this tough time in his life - but I feel like the combo of lack of sleep, aching body, human inside of me, relentless heartburn, and just general WTF I'm done being pregnant warrants some kind of "stop being sensitive right now" but I'm sure it doesn't. Just gonna keep my mouth shut!

OH and we found termite droppings near our crawl space (IN OUR BEDROOM) and rat droppings in our basement where our laundry machine is!!!!!!!!! I know this is horrible, but we are going to wait to tell our landlords until the baby is a month old because I just cannot even fathom having strangers inspecting our house right now and/or the possibility of getting a bug bomb or treatments. NO WAY JOSE. Fortunately, the problems aren't horrendous and nothing to jump ship for but it's really just not something I wanted to deal with two weeks before my due date. 

ARGGGGGG.

edit to add: regarding my fiance, I don't want to sound terrible and insensitive. I really am quite understanding of his deal (he's an artist so this is no new thing for me) but I think I'm just like...cut me a little slack.
  • Options
    @amargaret24 I'm pretty sure it wasn't a deer tick, like 99.9% sure. But the color has made everyone who has seen it (including the nurse) kind of wince. I used ample amounts of peroxide when I pulled it off. At least it's not crazy sore and tender anymore. I'm hoping it's just a tiny, intense bruise.
  • Options
    Well, I think I've bitched enough about my sciatic nerve, so I'm going to move on to my stomach - it just feels off and it has every day for I think almost all of the third trimester.  I'm either nauseous or bloated, or I have heartburn, or feel like I have a gallon of water stuck in my stomach.  It's so annoying.  I can't have iced or hot tea anymore (my typical go to caffeine) because it aggravates my heartburn lately.  And then, fun times, TUMS has aggravated my stomach lately too!  And I haven't been enjoying any of the normal foods I've been able to enjoy during pregnancy at all.

I was saying to my husband this morning that it'll feel like a total miracle when I just feel normal again.  Not amazing, just normal, with no weird stomach or chronic pain or bloating or anything.  It'll feel like the first day after you have the stomach flu and you're healthy again, but x10000000.  :)
  • Options
    WTF...how did I do it and how do you working women who are on your feet all day do it. My son had a play date today around 10 and the house had like no chairs, you stood or sat on the floor. Then I went shopping for like 5 hours after and I am so tired and my feet hurt. I'm a SAHM so I am used to being able sit down whenever I want, maybe not for a long time, but at least I get to sit. Now I have all the groceries on the counter and I don't want to get back up to put them away. Also WTF Old Navy am I the only person who can go shopping there right now and get NOTHING on discount?
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Options
    @maureenmce I'm still not done bitching about my sciatic. I can't walk, can't sit, can't even lay without being absolutely miserable!

On another note, I had my weekly appointment today. Waited an hour... in the exam room... under nothing but a sheet... with the thermostat set to "eternal depths of hell." The doctor got called out before he came to my room... so I got the assistant lady, who is very nice, but didn't check my dilation at all. I want progress, damnit!
    On the plus side, no pelvic exam.
  • Options
    @BarrettJ89  - We can bitch about it together as long as you want!  It's so terrible!  In fact, it contributed to another one of my WTF of the day - the stupid DMV.  I decided to change my address online, but because my slow ass is using a cane, the session timed out while I was in the middle of it.  And because the DMV is ever so functional and helpful, you cannot reenter a session that is timed out.  At all.  You have to wait between 24 hours and 3 days and then start over.  And because you have to fill out a separate form for your residence change of address and the vehicle's change of address, half of mine went through, so currently my car and I look like we reside in different places.  

Normally this would not be a huge deal, but my stupid hormones and pain level are making it difficult not to cry and Hulk rage.  :/
  • Options
    I took less insulin last night. Well it was the perfect amount since my morning blood sugar was perfect. However it means my placenta has decreased function so I have to have even more monitoring. So this baby will be coming in January. We are trying to get things ready but I need a team of people to do that at this rate.
  • Options
    Oh my goodness. I can't believe I forgot this one! I've literally been fuming about it all day...
    Stepdaughter (8 years old) got dropped off today (wahoo, her mom didn't fight us about our legal time for once). Problem is, she came over without her glasses again and absolutely wreaking of weed... NOT Ok! I honestly think she was buzzed when she came over. This kid is usually a jumping bean. Today, she laid on the couch for almost 2 hours without moving or talking. We asked her if she was Ok and she responded in some weird, defensive voice (sounded like she was about to cry). We tired to call our attorney and they are out of the office until next week...
  • Options

WTF MiL?  I don't even know what to say.  I've gone from speechless to flabbergasted to horrified in the last couple of hours.  MIL sent the toddler a Christmas present, and it got here today.  It's this book: 

Holy racism, Batman!  OMG!  It's so awful.  It's just...  I...I really don't know what else to say.  I feel dirty and like I'm going to end up on some kind of watch list just looking up the picture.

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

DS1 01/08/03 DD1 08/11/04 DD2 10/06/08 DS2 09/30/14

SURPRISE!  Hannah May born 01/22/16

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

• Options
    I had a good friend of mine ask me FIVE times today if the baby was here yet. I told her if she asks again I'm dropping out of her wedding (as a bridesmaid) and will let her find out via Facebook when he arrives. Ugh.
  • Options

Oh my goodness. I can't believe I forgot this one! I've literally been fuming about it all day...
    Stepdaughter (8 years old) got dropped off today (wahoo, her mom didn't fight us about our legal time for once). Problem is, she came over without her glasses again and absolutely wreaking of weed... NOT Ok! I honestly think she was buzzed when she came over. This kid is usually a jumping bean. Today, she laid on the couch for almost 2 hours without moving or talking. We asked her if she was Ok and she responded in some weird, defensive voice (sounded like she was about to cry). We tired to call our attorney and they are out of the office until next week...

Call CPS. That is a child and they will investigate. I'm a nurse and if I experienced anyone even coming near a patient or smelling weed on someone with kiddos I would call CPS right away.

• Options
    @PedsIsHardcore Planning on calling first thing tomorrow morning. I just wanted to sit down with SO to get our info straight before calling. He had to go to work shortly after she got here... I want to make sure I have addresses and such correct. What makes it worse, her mom is pregnant too...

Even after she showered tonight, her hair still smells like weed.
  • Options
    @BarrettJ89 I would be sending my so to the store to buy a cheap drug test also on top of calling cps. Whether contact high or actual high- none of it is ok
  • Options
    Welp I missed my 35 week appointment... Showed up today, but it was yesterday.  And they are closed the rest of the week.  And then the only opening they had for next week was the first day the students are back in class (I teach 1st grade).  Double WTF.  To myself.
  • Options

@PedsIsHardcore Planning on calling first thing tomorrow morning. I just wanted to sit down with SO to get our info straight before calling. He had to go to work shortly after she got here... I want to make sure I have addresses and such correct. What makes it worse, her mom is pregnant too... Even after she showered tonight, her hair still smells like weed.
    My computer is being evil tonight! I would also be sure to call her doctor and tell them so they can document it.
    CPS doesn't take kindly to pregnant women smoking pot while pregnant let alone smoking around children.
    Be sure to have a plan for her so she has a place to stay and is taken care of, which is sounds like you and your SO do a great job of that. I feel awful for her because this is not something she should be exposed to at all and no one should have to deal with any of this!