July 2016 Moms

Fearing 2nd missed miscarriage?!

mrsmommyamrsmommya member
edited December 2015 in July 2016 Moms
I have my 10w appt Tuesday at 10+2 and am freaking out. I lost my last pregnancy at 12w but baby was 9+4 and ended with a D&C. I keep trying to tell myself that that doesn't happen twice, your odds of a healthy baby are SO much greater, your gut says everything is fine.....support or even just someone to listen to me rant.

I did buy a doppler but waiting till Friday so my BF who has a lot of experience using them can find the heartbeat and calm my fears for the weekend.

Re: Fearing 2nd missed miscarriage?!

• I asked the same question and no one could give me a definite answer. But I also has a Mmc this year and I am currently pregnant and doing good. So I would say your chances of a healthy baby are pretty good. Best of luck to you both and keep updating everyone as to what happens.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sending positive thoughts that you get to see your healthy baby next Tuesday! Also - while your friend may be experienced with finding a HB with a doppler, my doctor was not able to get a heartbeat last Wednesday when I was 10+5. It wasn't a concern because we had just seen the HB on the u/s, but it may still be too early to pick up anything other than the placenta with a doppler. Just wanted to give you a heads up in case your friend can't pick one up so that it doesn't cause you extra stress!
  • I understand your fear. I had a MMC and a chemical pregnancy. Just try to relax and wait for the appt. Right now you have no reason to believe anything has gone wrong. --You might want to change the title of this thread. It makes it seem like you ARE having a second MMC, rather than fearing one. Good luck to you, and I hope you can find some peace while you wait.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Your odds of having a healthy baby are SO much greater than another miscarriage. And after seeing that tiny baby with a heartbeat it goes down even more!:) I have had multiple miscarriages- so I understand the fear, and other people just don't understand the anxiety! My friends tell me baby is preparing me to be a good momma! Once you hear the heartbeat you will be put at ease!:)
    I have a Doppler and listen every morning just for about 15 seconds to ease my mind. But I would do what others suggest and wait since baby might be hiding:) I've found the farther along I get the more baby "runs away" from it! Positive thoughts for your appt!
  • I was over 11 weeks and it took the doc a bit to find my womb nuggets hb. Don't stress.

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Actually I am not worried about not finding the heartbeat.  It is odd, but I think my friend will find it.  If not then we will maybe try again Sunday...I would like to do it with my DH and he will be at work Friday.
  • mrsmommya said:

Actually I am not worried about not finding the heartbeat.  It is odd, but I think my friend will find it.  If not then we will maybe try again Sunday...I would like to do it with my DH and he will be at work Friday.

Good! I freaked out when it took the dr more than a minute to find it haha
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @Lindsayleigh1989 my doctor took over 5 minutes to find it today on the ultrasound. I was freaking out! Thankfully he found the heartbeat (140) after a while.
  • Thanks girls.  I am trying some positive self talk.  My baby is fine, my baby is healthy, my baby is perfect.  It actually seems to be helping...at least in the small moments.  I was actually proud of myself for not breaking out the doppler tonight when DH got home.  I want to hear that heartbeat sooo badly, but happy I am controlling urges.
  • I had a Mmc and the anxiety is rough. I don't think I relaxed until 20 weeks with DS. I find myself looking up the odds of Mmc after seeing/hearing HB after x weeks. It's so low at this point.

The Doppler helped me a lot last time. Just broke it out and listened this morning!

Me: 33 DH: 32 SA#1 low count (6mil) SA#2- now in IUI range!(30mil) Dx:MFI
    11/1- IUI#1,12/1- IUI#2, 1/2- IUI#3 all BFFN
    IVF#1. Long Lupron.ER 3/8 10R,4M,5F. ET 3/3-one 1AB, 2 frosties 5dp5dt-BFP!! Beta 3/25-794 Beta 3/27- 1794
    First u/s 4/8 saw hb. 4/22 missed mc 8w3d. d&c 4/26
    FET #1- bcp start 6/9. ET 7/12. 2 perfect blasts.5dpt-BFP!! 
    Beta 7/24 -1,239!! Beta 7/26- 2569 Beta 7/29- 7120.  U/S 8/7 hb 118! U/S 8/14 hb 143! U/S 8/20 hb 170. Graduated!! Stick baby stick!