May 2016 Moms

Monday & Tuesday Ticker Change! 12/28 & 12/29

Week/Fruit:

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: 

Upcoming appointments:

Questions for the Group:

GTKY: Besides the new addition to your family, what you are most looking forward to in 2016?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Monday & Tuesday Ticker Change! 12/28 & 12/29

• Week/Fruit: 20 WEEKS! / banana

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: We had a very nice Christmas with both sides of family, but I am so happy to be home and back to reality. After getting home last night we had SO much to unpack and organize....our daughter's toys are taking over our house! Symptom-wise I am feeling fine!

Upcoming appointments: Not until mid January

GTKY: Besides the new addition to your family, what you are most looking forward to in 2016? I am looking forward to working out hardcore again after baby gets here. I am excited about getting back into a healthy lifestyle. I am also looking forward to our family vacation in December!

• jessiedee13jessiedee13 member
    edited December 2015
    Week/Fruit: 21/pomegranate

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: finally feeling consistent movement! Makes me alot less worried all the time!

Upcoming Appointments: not until January

Questions: nope

GTKY: Besides the new addition, what are you most excited for in 2016?
    Paying off my husband's car :) yay for no car payments!!!! Besides that, and the baby, idk what's going to happen in 2016, and that makes me nervous lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Week/Fruit: 22/papaya according to TB or guinea pig according to ovia. Cute!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Baby has a definite cycle of movement everyday. I love it! My back has been killing me though so that sucks.

Upcoming appointments: Jan 20th for my glucose test

Questions for the Group: Any remedies for back pain?

GTKY: Besides the new addition to your family, what you are most looking forward to in 2016? Being one year closer to being done with my degree...finally!
  •  Questions for the Group: Any remedies for back pain?
    @sarawifenow - yoga ball! Swing your hips in circles & side-to-side really helped with my back pain.
  • Week/Fruit: Tomorrow - 19/Mango

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Rant - my stomach is making all kinds of noises, and my heart beats in my stomach so I can't tell what is the baby and what isn't. Booooo. Rave - haven't cried in a couple days :smile:. Symptoms - just more sore and aware of my stomach - I feel workouts a lot more. Need to stretch!

Upcoming appointments: I have another echo-cardiogram on Wednesday - I'm counting it since I have so many with the baby.

Questions for the Group: Realistically, what should be on my baby to-do list right now? I feel so overwhelmed that I just shut down... and read a book... and avoid doing anything. Whoops!

GTKY: Besides the new addition to your family, what you are most looking forward to in 2016? Definitely maternity leave. I know 'it isn't a vacation,' but I can not wait to not worry about work for a few months!

• @hellogoodbye2 ohhh! where are you going on vacation?
  • Week/Fruit: 21/banana or pomegranate. Not sure how that makes sense!

Symptoms: I read something yesterday that said my boobs might start leaking soon. I didn't believe it but sure enough, they are! Anybody else dealing with this? I thought I had more time before I started leaking!

Upcoming Appointments: one tomorrow to check my BP. I have white coat syndrome and bad social anxiety so my BP usually reads high. They put me on meds just in case but I'm hoping to go off of them and monitor at home. I also have my 24 week appointment in 3 weeks.

Questions: anybody elses boobs leaking? Haha

GTKY: I'm looking forward to getting the nursery started and preparing for our baby girl! It'll be a lot of work but I kind of decided January would be when I start working on this stuff and I'm excited!
  • Week/Fruit: 21 weeks/banana

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: derm appt today so my face hopefully goes back to normal! Glad Christmas is over (not a grinch, just seemed each event had family drama which sucked the fun out of Christmas). Feeling great!

Upcoming appointments: mid January for what I call my "pointless" appt with my OB who forgets who I am every time :smile:

Questions for the Group: none right now!

GTKY: Besides the new addition to your family, what you are most looking forward to in 2016? It sounds cheesy, but seeing my husband as a father. He is literally the best and is so excited for baby to be here!
  • Jparke2 said:

Yes lol I've been leaking for about 2 weeks now. It's driving me nuts! It isn't bad enough to use pads yet, so I'm just dealing with it for now...and hoping I remember to buy some pads before I need them! Lol
  • Jparke2 said:

Yes lol I've been leaking for about 2 weeks now. It's driving me nuts! It isn't bad enough to use pads yet, so I'm just dealing with it for now...and hoping I remember to buy some pads before I need them! Lol
    Well I'm glad I'm not the only one! But I'm sorry you are dealing with it too! Luckily it's not awful yet, but I'm thinking I'll need to get some pad for it soon just in case.
  • AliciaD39 said:
    @hellogoodbye2 ohhh! where are you going on vacation?
    @AliciaD39 - Florida!
    Jparke2 said:
    @Jparke2 - mine leaked just a tiny bit a couple weeks ago (around 18w I believe), but not since. You'll get used to your boobs leaking! Pads are your friends.
  • JennyS86JennyS86 member
    edited December 2015
    Week/Fruit:  18weeks, green pepper!
      (as of Saturday, I missed the check in!)

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:  caught another cold...that makes 3 this pregnancy.  So many more than usual for me!  I haven't thrown up in almost 2 weeks (personal record!) and the nausea seems to be getting just a bit better too! Had 2 hormonal headaches this past week, not fun.

Upcoming appointments:  Today - I had a cervical length US (good: 4cm), a consult with the MFM, an early 1hr glucose tolerance screening, and my monthly OB appt.  whew!  busy morning. Time for a nap.  My next appts are in 2 weeks: Fetal echo (DH has a heart defect), Anatomy US, and MFM consult.

Questions for the Group:  Anybody else having Braxton Hicks?  I have 2 or 3 per day, and my MFM said that was fine, but last pregnancy, what I thought were BHs was actually preterm labor.

GTKY: Besides the new addition to your family, what you are most looking forward to in 2016?   Great question!  Secretly, I am looking forward to not being pregnant (not now - in May!).  I am really looking forward to nursing this baby as I pretty much only pumped for the twins. I am also really hoping that my sister gets pregnant in 2016 as she had a loss mid-2015.  Happy New Year!

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• @JennyS86 - I started having BH's at 14w.....I only feel a few a week at this point. With my DD I started feeling them at 15w and I had them ALL the time (especially in the 3rd tri) and still had to be induced at 41w.
  • @ hellogoodbye2  Thanks!  that makes me feel better.  I have a hard time differentiating high risk symptoms from normal pregnancy symptoms!

Mama to Three Girls: 

• @JennyS86 - Yes, I've been having BH contractions since about 15 weeks. I had them with DD starting at like 16 weeks. They happened ALL the time with her, but this time around they don't seem quite as frequent. I'm not convinced I'd be able to tell the difference between BH and preterm labor... I guess that's why doctors have rules about calling if you feel more than 5 in an hour when your hydrated, etc.

@AliciaD39 - Have you started researching what baby gear you want? Or nursery ideas? Those are sometimes fun places to start that can help you get some momentum to do the other stuff.
  • Bluejay3030Bluejay3030 member
    edited December 2015
    Week/Fruit: 22/papaya (tomorrow)

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Feeling bouts of nausea again (even while on diclegis)... WTF! We just got back home from visiting family, so I'm hoping it was just the fast pace combined with the travel and time change that did me in.

Upcoming appointments: Mid-January

Questions for the Group: None

GTKY: Besides the new addition to your family, what you are most looking forward to in 2016? We're taking a trip to Hawaii with some of our extended family. Super excited, but also nervous about the logistics with a toddler and newborn in tow.
  • @ Bluejay3030  thank you for your feedback!  You are exactly right - I couldn't tell the difference between BHs and preterm labor.  I'm just glad I went with "something doesn't feel right" last pregnancy.  It bought me a few more days for steroids for lung development.

Mama to Three Girls: 

• Week/Fruit: I will be 21w and a pomegranate as of tomorrow

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I am getting stretching kicks a lot from LO. My bladder doesn't like it very much. Heartburn is starting to be more frequent. I'm not as swollen this time around and I really enjoy that fact.

Upcoming appointments: January 6th we will have our A/S bc my doctor has been indisposed. Looking forward to it for sure!

Questions for the Group:

GTKY: Besides the new addition to your family, what you are most looking forward to in 2016?

Not being pg. Just being honest. I'm over it now.

Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Week/Fruit:22/ corn on the cob according to ovia/papaya on TB

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: another cold booooo. This is miserable! So much congestion!
    Making the registry tonight! Yay!
    Symptoms are just really sore, lots of swelling and discomfort.

Upcoming appointments: January 5 for a regular check to and January 11 for MFM

Questions for the Group: anyone else feeling lots of swelling and pressure...down there?

Moving to a bigger place!
  • Week/Fruit: 22/papaya (tomorrow) Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Feeling bouts of nausea again (even while on diclegis)... WTF! We just got back home from visiting family, so I'm hoping it was just the fast pace combined with the travel and time change that did me in. Upcoming appointments: Mid-January Questions for the Group: None GTKY: Besides the new addition to your family, what you are most looking forward to in 2016? We're taking a trip to Hawaii with some of our extended family. Super excited, but also nervous about the logistics with a toddler and newborn in tow.
    I've been getting nauseated here lately too. Weirdly it's been cured (so far) by eating. Preferably protein or a carb (I'll grab toast if I'm on the run). I have to talk myself into eating but after the 2nd bite the nausea fades tremendously.
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• @jennys86 I've been having them since 14 weeks (maybe sooner). I had them with DD starting at 6 mos and my water broke 5 days before my EDD. They tend to suck.
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• doozer1345   As long as it isn't preterm labor, I'm fine with BHs!  With your DD, did you have them all day every day?

Mama to Three Girls: 

• Week/Fruit: 20/Banana

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I'm feeling so much more movement now and I can't help but just feel so happy every time! Both MH family and my side are staying with us for the holidays and so far all is good! I don't really get to see my parents/siblings so I'm enjoying this time with them!

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan Jan 8th, OB appt Jan 11th.

Questions for the Group: None for now.

Seeing my close friends. I live far from the majority of them, and one is getting married next summer. Although I'm scared how everything will work with a newborn since I'm in the wedding, I'm excited to see everyone!
  • JennyS86 said:
    doozer1345   As long as it isn't preterm labor, I'm fine with BHs!  With your DD, did you have them all day every day?
    8 hours a day all day starting at 6 mos. I learned the tricks to make them slow or dull. Feet up, chug a glass of water (at least one an hour), lay on my left side, stay off my feet at all costs for at least an hour. Any time they continued after that without pause or if they were more structured (like every 15 min for 1 min) I would have to call it in and go get monitored. This time around mine are more erratic time wise. I know they're coming around 11p-12a and I know they'll be starting sometime in the morning but they're not regularly timed. They can get intense at times.
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• Bluejay3030Bluejay3030 member
    edited December 2015

Week/Fruit: 22/papaya (tomorrow)

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Feeling bouts of nausea again (even while on diclegis)... WTF! We just got back home from visiting family, so I'm hoping it was just the fast pace combined with the travel and time change that did me in.

Upcoming appointments: Mid-January

Questions for the Group: None

GTKY: Besides the new addition to your family, what you are most looking forward to in 2016? We're taking a trip to Hawaii with some of our extended family. Super excited, but also nervous about the logistics with a toddler and newborn in tow.

I've been getting nauseated here lately too. Weirdly it's been cured (so far) by eating. Preferably protein or a carb (I'll grab toast if I'm on the run). I have to talk myself into eating but after the 2nd bite the nausea fades tremendously.

----qbf-----

I actually noticed that today! Earlier today I felt so sick but forced myself to eat and felt better quickly. That pretty much summed up my first trimester, so I'm surprised I didn't recognize the remedy sooner.
  • Week/Fruit: 19 weeks (mango according to this app, and Zucchini according to Ovia)!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: no symptoms still! It's a nice trade off for being stuck on bed rest!

Upcoming appointments: this afternoon! Ultrasound! Excited to see our little man!

Questions for the Group: none

GTKY: Besides the new addition to your family, what you are most looking forward to in 2016? Beach vacation in September with my family!
  • @babykasper Good luck at your appointment today! Is there a chance they'll take you off of bed rest, or are you stuck for a while still?

•  @AliciaD39 - Have you started researching what baby gear you want? Or nursery ideas? Those are sometimes fun places to start that can help you get some momentum to do the other stuff.
    @Bluejay3030 I've looked at some nurseries.. I think I just needed to make a decision and move forward because I'm making myself freeze from all the decisions. Already have the travel system, but as for the rest, no clue. I'm registering on Friday so I better get moving!
  • Week/Fruit:  19/mango

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I'm finally showing, but I still haven't felt any movement. I have had some RLP, and my lower back has been killing me. I think it's time to go for a prenatal massage!

Upcoming appointments:  Jan. 7th is my 20 wk AS

Questions for the Group: 

GTKY: Besides the new addition to your family, what you are most looking forward to in 2016?  Not being pregnant anymore, bloody marys and rum and cokes on the boat again, sushi, introducing my LO to my new niece, seeing DH as a father (kids haven't always been part of my dream, but they've always been part of his), completing some renovation projects around the house before LO gets here.
  • Week/Fruit: 19/ Mango?

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: My sinus infection just cleared up yesterday which was perfect timing as I had my job interview....and got the job!! She knows about the pregnancy as well already and hired me on the spot :)

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow! I have my A/S and my 20 week appointment

Questions for the Group: None, but I hope y'all have a Happy New Year!

Earning a paycheck finally, and my husband returning from Korea around the holidays! Then we're off to England, so 2016 brings much excitement for our little family :)
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Jparke2 said:

Yes! Mine just started this week! I'm already the same cup size as I was during nursing last time. So now I'm wondering how big they're gonna be this time! Lol.

Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• @Bluejay3030 thanks for asking! Appointment went great! Baby was moving around like crazy so we actually didn't get any good pics! Lol and then he fell asleep with his spine towards my belly so all the ultrasound saw was his spine. We have to repeat some of the anatomy scan in 4 weeks because we couldn't get the shots! Lol

As far as bed rest... It's been lifted from the "extreme" and I'm allowed to take it easy now and move around more (take short walks), so I'll take it! We had a tear in the placenta and a lot of blood loss (twice) which is what prompted the bed rest, but on this last visit they couldn't even find the tear! Thank God! The doctor said in some cases the placenta heals itself (like your skin does to a cut)! So I am no longer being monitored weekly, next appointment is 4 weeks! And I can sort of get back to normal! Lol I'll take it!