August 2016 Moms

Hello! Newbie here.

Hi all!

I had a short stay on TTGP at the beginning of this month. I was monitoring for an LH surge because I had started weaning my nine-month daughter from breastfeeding and wanted to know when my periods would return (I kept feeling like I was going to have a period and then it wouldn't happen). I caught my first postpartum surge at the beginning of Dec., and my husband and I happened to have sex the night before the surge. I headed over the the 2WW and had a positive pregnancy test 11-ish days later.

I waited a little before introducing myself because I wanted to see what would happen with the pregnancy. I had spotting almost immediately. My OB ran some betas and all looked ok. Spotting stopped, then started again, this time with right sided cramping. Three days ago this unilateral cramping put me in the ED (while on vacation in Florida) to see if I had an ectopic. I don't. They put me at 5wks + 2d. My hcg levels were also doubling every 48 hrs based on my last betas. No reason was found for the pain. The spotting has stopped as of today, but it's started/stopped before so I'm not celebrating yet.

Anyway, I also had bleeding around this time with my daughter. Other than first tri bleeding, the rest of the pregnancy with her was healthy and she is a happy, healthy 10-month-old. So I'm just going to move forward and hope this pregnancy is OK too. So here I am.

A little about me: I am a nurse and I work in Chicago. I recently completed an MS Nursing program and am going to take my APN boards soon. My previous nursing experience is in prenatal and postpartum (not L&D). I have a 10-month-old daughter and two dogs. My husband and I were married in 2012. I'm 33.

One question for you all - particularly those of you who did betas in early pregnancy: I am a little concerned with this pregnancy (besides the spotting) because my HCG levels seem high -- about 14,500 at my ED trip a few days ago, and the measurements of the gestational sac only put me at 5 wks 2 d. No second sac was seen. Does anyone else have any experience with hcg levels that are higher than sac size/dating this early on?

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all over the coming months. I also hope I can be of support to you all!

Re: Hello! Newbie here.