Trying to Get Pregnant

Distraction techniques

I am finding it really hard to stop obsessively testing and thinking about my eggo being prego. I have spent far to much money on hpt in the last week and it has to stop. I am late but only 8 days. How shall I distract myself? Maybe I should make a rule only to test weekly?

Ps this chat group is fab

Re: Distraction techniques

• You can get the cheap wondfo tests online if you need a less costly method to sustain frequent testing urges.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am finding it really hard to stop obsessively testing and thinking about my eggo being prego. I have spent far to much money on hpt in the last week and it has to stop. I am late but only 8 days. How shall I distract myself? Maybe I should make a rule only to test weekly? Ps this chat group is fab
    If you were truly 8 days late you'd be able to turn an hpt. It is likely that you ovulated later than normal this cycle.

get a hobby to distract yourself. I colour, do yoga, cook and play piano to take my mind off TTC stuff.
  • How do you know you are really late? If you were really 8 days late then you'd have a +HPT by now. Are you sure of your ovulation date?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Also, I just live my life. There's no need to get weird just because you are TTC. Just do what made you happy & fulfilled your needs before.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• FrankiJ FrankiJ member
    edited December 2015
    **Removed for TOU violation**
  • edited December 2015
    **Removed for TOU violation**

And I can respond to your post however I wish. I'm not sure how anything I said makes me bitter but sure, ok.

Image result for bobs burger gifs

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadeaa27518d817eb3a350c501028155427jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload6bbb16d010206d10646648f568faa060jpg

• Also, I highly recommend temping. It helps take the crazy down a few notches. If you haven't read Taking Charge of Your Fertility.
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Like previous posters have said: it's likely that you ovulated later than usual this cycle. Your plan to test once a week seems like a good idea. I definitely understand the feeling of having spent way too much on tests and having that moment where you're like "what am I doing? This has to stop!" :o

As far as distraction techniques: I don't really have anything helpful! I obsess way more than I'd care to admit over the whole TTC process. I definitely over-analyze every temp and spend too much time just staring at my chart like I expect it to give me some ground-breaking new insight at any moment.

I've heard a lot of good things recently about the adult coloring books and I'll be honest, I'm seriously considering giving them a try. I'm actually excited that I'll be traveling to visit my in-laws for New Years. My desperation for a distraction has gotten that bad, already. Because nothing takes your mind off TTC like staying with your alcoholic, chain-smoking in-laws.

As @PrimRoseMama said, if you have/had hobbies that kept you busy and fulfilled before TTC then that's always a good place to start looking for a distraction. If you didn't really have hobbies to occupy your time before this could be a good time to pick up something new. Maybe that art/dance/sewing/cooking/yoga/pilates/whatever class you've been contemplating. Or that weekend hiking trip. Or really anything that sounds good.

@mrsdee15 I love your idea of a TTC bucket list! I keep trying to remind myself every month that once I get pregnant (and manage to stay pregnant) my life will change forever so I should enjoy this chapter of my life before it closes and the "mother" chapter begins. It's really hard sometimes, I'll admit. I think if DH and I came up with a bucket list and then on the rough months we crossed something off the list it would be easier. I'm going to run that past him and see what we can come up with. Thanks for the idea! :)
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @NamelessAria
    1) I love your name (our dog's name is Tyrion). Cannot wait for the next season! That's unrelated to this discussion.
    2) I seriously recommend building up the bucket list. As I sit here crampy and on the eve of AF I just keep telling myself that we get to go on all the roller coasters. I was afraid of them until DH and now the bigger the better. It really is keeping me sane. That, and in April my little sista from another mista is having her bachelorette at the new CA Harry Potter World, not being pregnant then means the fun rides! It becomes a win/win with TTC and looking forward to things.
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Bitter waffles are the best!
  • As long as they aren't preggo. Because that's just gross:
    DED
  • As long as they aren't preggo. Because that's just gross:

Omg this GIF is disturbing on so many levels haha

OP- if you are truly 8 days late you should go to the dollar store and spend the $.99 it takes to purchase a home pregnancy test. I dunno about you, but i would rather shell out a dollar for a HPT then sit around wondering if, "my eggo is preggo"... Whatever that means
  • Aww, I missed all the fun.
  • Yeah.... no.
    I got my BFP prior to my period being due. Many women do. Actually 99% of women can turn a HPT positive at the expected next period due date.

You most likely have yet to ovulate.
  • @FrankiJ : I'm confused about what has you so upset? Why are you calling anyone bitter? I assure you, I'm not bitter at all about TTC. I have two children. Even if I didn't and I was TTC my first-- where did you get "bitter" out of anything anyone said? I'm just so confused about why you decided to jump to insults when no one has been even the slightest bit rude to you? Can you explain please? That seems like an unfair response. Re: adult coloring books-- I just go to the dollar store & get some kid coloring books. Nothing is more relaxing than coloring! I color with the kids & even after they've gone to bed. Another good distraction I've found is cooking. I love to try new recipes. I've even taken to baking & delivering it to the nursing homes in my area. The residents LOVE cookies over the holidays & the nurses do too. It's a great way to make someone's day. I also take the kids to the craft store & pick some crafty things. If you want to try your hand at a new craft? It's all a lot better than coming onto a forum where you are a stranger, then insulting folks that try to help you. That is not a good distraction.
    You can do this?! I love to bake but DH and I don't need 24 cookies and 2 cakes sitting around the house with no one to help us eat them. haha So I never really get to bake anything unless we're about to go visit one of our families or something.

I seriously need to look into this thing of donating baked goods to nursing homes because then I could indulge in learning to bake all the fun things I've been wanting to learn without gaining 50 pounds in the process. :o
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @NamelessAria : call a few in your area. I asked & they said yes.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards: