May 2016 Moms

Twatwaffles 12/29

I don't know, today waffles in general sound pretty good.  I'm hungry.

I don't have anything internet-worthy today.  The worst TWs are the newscasters in my area who are making the weather a HUGE story because it finally snowed...a half inch.  Then turned to rain.  I don't even know why we're calling this a "storm" exactly, but last night all the news stories were about ice melt and shovels and snow blowers and giving yourself an extra 6 hours to get to work and oh my God seriously stop.

Re: Twatwaffles 12/29

• My "supervisor" is being an overall twatwaffle today (supervisor in quotes because I don't technically report to her but we work in the same department and she is higher up than me). Not sure if it's the hormones but she is just pushing all the wrong buttons today. One thing that bugs the crap out of me that she does is that she'll be sent an email that I'm copied on and she'll yell to me across the hallway telling me how to respond. In my mind I'm like, "You know... in the time it takes you to explain to me how you would like me to respond to this, this could have been handled."

This morning we went back and forth about 3 times about this one email. She'd tell me to respond a certain way... so I would. Then she would tell me that I needed to specify something else. So I'd respond again. Then she told me again that I also forgot to mention something else (that she failed to tell me)... so I responded a 3rd time. ARG!
  • It might be the hormones but I have quiet a few tw today!

1. My bf has just been so negative about this whole pregnancy / H & I starting a family lately. She hasn't said one positive thing about having kids in months. She also apparently had the worst pregnancy (she didn't, I was there ahe barely had ms). Which she needs to rant to me about every time I say anything happy (like baby's moving a lot). I just want to avoid her for a while. :/

2. My mil is wedding obsessed. I can't wait till she returns to normal. My soon to be sil too. They are both so irritable. Walking on egg shells and trying not to talk about the baby around them cause it, "stresses them out."

3. The window place won't call me back. I'd go somewhere else but they're the best place in town. :/
  • Loading the player...
  • The computer system at my hospital is being a major Twatwaffle for about the past 2 months now! I went black friday for a 3 hr glucose test. They only had orders for a 1 hour. I assumed this was an operator failure, left the hospital starving and grouchy, called the dr on monday to get it fixed. Same thing happens again and I decide to just wait this time and have a face to face with my dr at my 20 week appt. At 20 weeks, I watch the dr fax over the orders that clearly say 3 hour glucose test. I get to the hospital. The orders STILL say 1 hour! How does this even happen?! So now I have my drs copy of the orders to take with me on Thursday. Dear lord, they have nothing together since they partnered with the hospital I tell you! It's beyond stupid.
  • My SIL who keeps saying "we" when talking about my baby - there is no "we".... This is not your baby. She also was offering to tell family members the sex of our baby, as if that wouldn't be something that DH and I would like to share....! Keep in mind we do not have a relationship with SIL, so if I hear "yes, I know that... I am THE aunt!" one more time, I will snap.
  • I don't usually have a twatwaffle, but today's goes to the lady at work who was obsessing about my pregnancy. As soon as I walked in for the meeting prior to Court she asked me if I knew what we were having, which I replied no, and she proceeded to stare at my bump the rest of the time I walked around the table to hand out papers. Then towards the end of the meeting when I was walking around the table again picking up the papers she was again staring at my belly then announced in front of everyone "I think you're having a girl!" which caused everyone's attention to focus on my bump and then a group conversation about carrying high/low for boys/girls followed. Then this lady asked me how far along I am, which I responded 18 weeks, and her eyes got HUGE and she said "Wow! You're REALLY showing!" Bitch please, for one, I'm really not showing that much and two, how about I punch you in the throat for being obnoxious and rude?
    People really need to learn what is and is not okay to say to people! I would be pissed.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • My TW of the week goes to these sellers.

DH and I just started house hunting (yay!) & one we had our eye on mysteriously came back on the market the night after we had looked at some places we weren't crazy in love with. We got in first thing the next morning to check the place out and immediately put in an offer because we loved it. it was perfect.

The next day, our realtor told us a much later offer came in and was way above what we offered, which was asking price. The sellers chose their offer not ours. They won't even take ours as a backup. Jerks. Back to square one!
  • rlworzallarlworzalla member
    edited December 2015

My TW is my supervisor.  I do in-home therapy and it's only 2-3 hour shifts, and I braved the nasty WI roads last night (think unplowed, 6-8" with some freezing rain) because the client was barely going to make his hours for the month.  I get to the house and all the other therapists for both his case and the sister's case canceled except me.....including the supervisor.  I left early when the rain got worse.  ERRR.

Also, the Schwan's delivery guy.  DH was just putting the snowblower into the garage this morning and the guy spooked him by tapping him on the shoulder.  Seriously, you couldn't wait the extra 30 seconds for him to turn it off?  He also hasn't gotten the verbal requests of "please come back in a month because our freezer is full" that we have said the last four bi-weekly stops at which we haven't ordered anything....

Edited: to add

• The twatwaffles are my brother and his gf. They're going camping with us this weekend and staying in our trailer. They want to go up before us. No, you're not staying in our trailer when you don't take care of shit. Then I was talking to him about food. I told him they can bring all the breakfast food and we'll take care of lunch and dinner. But his girlfriend "doesn't really do breakfast food." Well bring bacon and eggs for everyone else and bring whatever she will eat. She also doesn't eat meat so I told him to make sure she brings her food. Because otherwise she'll pout that there isn't food that she'll eat. Even though there will be veggies, potatoes, salad, etc. My kid is easier than dealing with my brother and his gf. I really do get along with them very well. My brother and I are really close. This is probably why we can get on each other's nerves easily. But come on, you're staying in someone else's trailer and we're all pitching in, suck it up and pitch in. Come prepared and bring something you'd eat too. Not too difficult. 
  • My SIL who keeps saying "we" when talking about my baby - there is no "we".... This is not your baby. She also was offering to tell family members the sex of our baby, as if that wouldn't be something that DH and I would like to share....! Keep in mind we do not have a relationship with SIL, so if I hear "yes, I know that... I am THE aunt!" one more time, I will snap.

I have this problem with my sister in law. She's my children's ONLY aunt and since I'm an only child it will stay that way. A couple of my friends I refer to as "aunt so and so" and she gets pissy about it. They're my kids woman. Have your own and you can dictate who is who with them. It's so annoying, right?!
  • The dental assistant broad asked me today if " this was a planned pregnancy" out of no where ..... Umm wow out of all the things to ask or make conversation with you chose that ? Okkkk
  • Oh ladies today's tw goes to the person/people who broke into my new car while I was staying at a hotel last night. Dh and I decided to stop at a hotel yesterday after driving all day from our Christmas trip and this morning we came out to our driver window busted out and my laptop, 2 tablets, camera, a generator, clothes, and I don't even know what else is gone. My car was loaded up with all sorts of Christmas gifts and belongings. It just ticks me off. Everything is on that laptop. The births, pictures, videos, etc. Of my 3 children is all on there. And I just know whoever stole wiped away the memory. I'm so depressed right now and I'm just trying to not show it to dh because it's not going to make anything better.
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016
  • @Thisonemakes4 I'm so sorry! Having a car broken into feels like such a terrible breach of privacy and respect as it is, but losing sentimental things on top of it is heartbreaking. ::hugs::
  • Our former roommate turned freeloader ate my last dove chocolate. And took my last Tylenol. Not to mention is not taking the reminders that we have guests coming for new years and he has got to take him and his dog and goooooo.
  • wsgjmw1 said:
    The dental assistant broad asked me today if " this was a planned pregnancy" out of no where ..... Umm wow out of all the things to ask or make conversation with you chose that ? Okkkk
    I respond to this question with an honest answer followed by an equally invasive one: "Yes. How's your sex life?"
  • The twatwaffles are my brother and his gf. They're going camping with us this weekend and staying in our trailer. They want to go up before us. No, you're not staying in our trailer when you don't take care of shit. Then I was talking to him about food. I told him they can bring all the breakfast food and we'll take care of lunch and dinner. But his girlfriend "doesn't really do breakfast food." Well bring bacon and eggs for everyone else and bring whatever she will eat. She also doesn't eat meat so I told him to make sure she brings her food. Because otherwise she'll pout that there isn't food that she'll eat. Even though there will be veggies, potatoes, salad, etc. My kid is easier than dealing with my brother and his gf. I really do get along with them very well. My brother and I are really close. This is probably why we can get on each other's nerves easily. But come on, you're staying in someone else's trailer and we're all pitching in, suck it up and pitch in. Come prepared and bring something you'd eat too. Not too difficult. 

As a vegan, I HATE vegan/veg people who expect others to cater to them. My DH and I always bring our own staples or plan with family members for our eating. Other people just don't always know what non meat eaters eat!
  • My TW is my supervisor.  I do in-home therapy and it's only 2-3 hour shifts, and I braved the nasty WI roads last night (think unplowed, 6-8" with some freezing rain) because the client was barely going to make his hours for the month.  I get to the house and all the other therapists for both his case and the sister's case canceled except me.....including the supervisor.  I left early when the rain got worse.  ERRR.

Edited: to add

Can we just say WI weather in general is a twatwaffle? (Northwestern WI here)
  • The restaurant that gave me food poisoning yesterday!
  • The sickness going around at work and that DH has. I never know if he has just a "Man Cold" or if its more serious and I should be worried. Either way hoping to hell I don't get sick.
  • I know it's not Tuesday anymore but after working an exhausting 13hrs yesterday, I forgot to post!

My twatwaffle for yesterday was the customer who called to tell me I didn't apologize enough to her. I only apologized twice for her wait being fifteen minutes longer than quoted! Apparently I should have groveled at her feet and begged for forgiveness, get real!
    The second twatwaffle for yesterday was myself for agreeing to work two days in a row, 13 hour shifts, ALONE. Which means no break and no lunch. What was I thinking haha
  • @jessiedee13 YES!! Here's what we should be saying to them..