August 2016 Moms
Options

So I fell!

So I slipped and fell on my bottom since we had snow I was being cautious can it hurt the baby? Kinda worried I hope not but never has happened to me at all, my fiance is worried as well, should I schedule a docs appt. Or go in to docs office? Help help

Re: So I fell!

• Options
    Baby should be fine as it is tucked away behind your pelvic bone. My OB said the only thing to worry about right now is blunt force trauma to the abdomen.

If you're concerned, then call your OB and ask to speak with a nurse. They can advise you on if they think there's a reason you should come in.
  • Options
    I fell recently too, and worried about it all weekend until I saw my doctor on Monday. I had tripped over one of my cats and landed on the steps on my rump. Even more disheartening, I had brown spotting the next day. When I saw my doctor on Monday the baby was just fine and was wiggling around in there.

Most doctors will say that if you fall in the first trimester there's nothing to worry about. The pelvis keeps the baby safe, the uterus has thick walls, and baby is cushioned in there. But if there's spotting or cramping you definitely want to go to an ER.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OK no my behind is just sore and I feel nauseous today there wasn't no spotting and my body is sore my lower back hurts