June 2016 Moms

Anyone else sucking in?

I never realize how much I unconsciously suck in until I'm pregnant and don't "have" to anymore or no longer can. It's sad, really. I'm fairly petite naturally. I noticed this last time, too. Anyone else??

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
Married July 2010
DC #1 Oct 2013
DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else sucking in?

• I'm not small and I don't think I suck it in normally but I notice myself sucking it in more now. I think it's maybe because I really want to look pregnant and not just big.
  • I keep my stomach muscles tensed/sucked in all the time, something that I am really beginning to understand right around now. I'll probably keep doing it until my stomach muscles give up, its just what I naturally do anymore.
  • Loading the player...
  • I keep my stomach muscles tensed/sucked in all the time, something that I am really beginning to understand right around now. I'll probably keep doing it until my stomach muscles give up, its just what I naturally do anymore.

Hmmmm so maybe it's a good thing? I like the way you think. I had assumed that I was subconsciously trying to look thinner.

Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• pegs6216 said:

I'm not small and I don't think I suck it in normally but I notice myself sucking it in more now. I think it's maybe because I really want to look pregnant and not just big.

I've been letting it out. Those that know me know I'm pregnant and those I don't (in public, etc) I don't really care about.

Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Hmmmm so maybe it's a good thing? I like the way you think. I had assumed that I was subconsciously trying to look thinner.
    Oh, I assume that's how I started doing it too don't get me wrong, but its just a natural for me to keep my stomach sucked in with the muscles tensed now, so much that I don't notice I really do it. Otherwise I've just got a big ole' chunk of flab hanging out. Keeping the stomach tensed while it fights against a growing uterus is totally an ab workout too, right? :D

I've always done it too and figure it's just a good way to keep the muscles toned! I do it even when I'm pregnant. The day the muscles no longer hold it in is weird!

• Yup. Definitely! I still have to try and get myself to relax my belly. Such a habit.
  • NLewis1 said:

Proper posture tells you to stand with your core tensed.... So maybe we just all have fabulous posture?

Haha yeah! That's it!

Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm thin and this pregnancy has made me realize how often I keep my ab muscles tightened! I've never purposely done this because I haven't needed to, and have no clue why this happens. Maybe it's a balance thing? I have to keep reminding myself to relax so I can enjoy a fuller baby bump :)
  • It's starting to be uncomfortable to suck in

Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• I wonder if its subconsciously a support thing. I popped a couple days ago and if I let all stomach muscles go, I get a stretching sensation at the bottom of the bump. If I firm my muscles up a bit, it feels fine!