June 2016 Moms

•_•_• Wednesday ticker change •_•_•

Happy hump day ladies!

How many weeks/how big is baby?

Rants/raves?

Upcoming appointments or news from doctors?

GYKY- Do you do New Years resolutions? If so what is yours?

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

Re: •_•_• Wednesday ticker change •_•_•

• Happy hump day ladies!

14 weeks. The size of a 1977 original Star Wars action figure

Rants/raves?
    I was pretty happy making it a week without getting sick yesterday. The. As I was getting ready for bed my body decided it was all a big joke and I got sick. I'm hoping it was a fluke and I'm not back where I was a week ago. Overall I've felt better and I don't want to go back to how I felt.

Upcoming appointments or news from doctors? I go next Tuesday. I'm hoping we will schedule my A/S then. My doctor is over 100 miles away so I have to schedule it on the same day as my normal appointment so I'm crossing my fingers she will do it at 19 weeks which will be the next time I see her.

No I don't do them. It's a ridiculously high amount of people that never follow through with them so I don't bother. Had I not been pregnant I would probably just want to continue my healthy changes I was making. I was exercising daily, eating healthy and had lost 20 pounds right before I found out. I'm going I can hop right back into that after baby comes.

• How many weeks/how big is baby? 18 weeks! The size of a sugar glider!

Rants/raves? Raves: I feel awesome. Rants: I'm anxious and terrified of becoming a mother (reality has hit), and I'm feeling enormous pressure from work and husband/husband's work to know if I'm going back to work in the fall (when husband should use his bonding leave).

Upcoming appointments or news from doctors? Jan. 12- anatomy scan. 

GYKY- Do you do New Years resolutions? If so what is yours? I'm not much for new years resolutions. But given the immense pressure I'm feeling from work, I think I should make one about focusing on myself/bébé.
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along Fruit? 16 weeks. Avocado

Raves. Since Saturday I've seen an improvement in my all day sickness. Just hoping it continues. Still taking anti-nausea meds.

Doctor appointment. Today. Mainly blood pressure check not with my own doctor. I'm on meds since last visit. Wondering if blood pressure is too low at times. I'm still having near blackout spells in the mornings.

GTKY Yes. Haven't thought of mine yet though.
  • How many weeks/how big is baby?
    14 weeks/lemon (I like the star wars sizing, @fishwife799)

Rants/raves? Overall, I'm feeling better. Glad to be in the 2nd tri!

Waiting on NT scan blood work.
    14week OB appt tomorrow!

Not a resolution per se, but I generally want to get back in a light exercise routine to take the best care of myself and baby that I can.
    Start and finish a kitchen reno.
    Be the best mom I can be! (Ok, now I made myself tear up...don't mind me. Hormones, party of 1.)
  • @mkemommy braving a bathroom remodel while pregnant? Hopefully it all goes smoothly and you have more than one :) I'm glad your results came back with such low odds as well!
    This is where I get my comparisons from. If you are on a computer I have a ticke from them too!
    https://babysizer.com/ticker

@cmillar36 I'm glad you are starting to feel better. I hope it just gets better from here on out for you.

@26pointrunningfor2 I'm sorry you are feeling so stressed. Being a mom is terrifying but it's also amazing at the same time. Also I hope they lay the pressure off of you a little. Sometimes you can really makes those decisions until you know more what you are getting yourself into.

• HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    edited December 2015
    14 weeks/lemon

Rants/raves?
    Doing better but still on meds and not all the way there.

Appt with peri tomorrow!

Yes, I like mine from last year so will continue. Track books read and read more non fiction.

Track miles run. I'll have to start back up again.

If I wasn't pregnant with multiples, I would have had number goals for both.

DS 9/2/13 was a BFP from an IUI!
    Triplets due 6/29/16 also from an IUI!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How many weeks/how big is baby? 17/Onion

Rants/raves? Feeling pretty good and I'm really feeling blessed about that. Waiting to feel more movement.

Upcoming appointments or news from doctors? Have my anatomy scan scheduled for January 20th.

GYKY- Do you do New Years resolutions? If so what is yours? I usually make mine about weight loss. I think this rear I'll make it about weight acceptance and nutrition.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mkemommy I'm most anxious about everything :) I have never been a mommy type; I joke that I don't have the mommy gene! I'm super independent and neediness works on my nerves. Babies/kids are needy. I'm afraid I'm going to be grouchy and resentful all the time of this new role. I always knew this would be a big adjustment for me, and I'm nervous about that. I'm hoping mother nature soon takes over and I get over myself!
  • Hugs @26pointrunningfor2 - I'm sure you will be fine but I feel you and I have no doubt I'm going to struggle with this too.  I think neediness from babies feels different than neediness from older kids, if that makes you feel any better.  Babies really are helpless so somehow I think you get over the fact that they need you all the time.  Plus, they are really damn cute, which helps.  ;)
  • How many weeks/how big is baby?
    18w! A sweet potato.

Rants/raves?
    Nah

Next Wed is the A/S and next checkup!!

Nope. The lack of follow through....
  • How many weeks/how big is baby? 14 weeks -- thanks for the star wars sizing :) How topical! @fishwife799

Rants/raves? Good day today. I met some friends of a friend with young kids who gave me great advice. My one rant is that I keep waking up with killer headaches. Mine didn't dissipate until 2 or 3 this afternoon.

Upcoming appointments or news from doctors? Good news! I passed the 1 hour glucose screen with flying colours. They recommended I screen early because I'm overweight (although luckily diabetes nor gestational diabetes runs in my family) so I was relieved that the results were so good -- 5.4 mmol/l or 94mg/dl

GYKY- Do you do New Years resolutions? If so what is yours? I never make them because I know I'm just setting myself up to fail. But I would like to try to be more positive, more active and more proactive this year in a really broad sense. 

@MamaNicoleof3 Good luck with the anatomy scan next week! @crdo Good luck tomorrow!

Co-signing other people's worry about being a mom. I am not super great with kids and I have a lot of worries and fears. I am trying just to take it easy and not get too ahead of myself but it's hard. One thing I've heard that I believe to be true is that anyone worrying about being a good parent is probably at least half-way there.