February 2016 Moms
Options

Nursery Accent Color Choices

Hi Ladies,

I plan on having an accent wall done in the nursery. It is the wall that the crib will be on and above the crib I will have her monogram that I got from Pottery Barn Kids. I attached two photos, one photo is just natural light (not sunny that day) and the other one is the natural light and the light on in the room.

We picked out 3 colors for the wall, all so different. We painted little boards instead of parts of the wall to try and get an idea of the shade. If you don't like any of these colors, that's okay but it will be 1 of these colors. I know it can be hard to tell with it being small but I would like some non-biased opinions. The purple goes well but different, the dark green is very bold and it only shows up a few times in her bedding and then the blue is safe. 

Color choices: African Violet (Purple), Jitterbug Jade (Green) or Cooled Blue
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Nursery Accent Color Choices

• Options
    I like the blue
    Praying this is our take home baby. STICK TURKEY Mommy will miss you everyday my beautiful angel. We love you Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers M/C on 1/05/11 at 11 weeks.
  • Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love the purple but wonder if it being a darker shade would make the room feel smaller? The blue is beautiful as well. I'm sure which ever you decide will be beautiful :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Cool blue all the way!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Blue!

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• Options
    After looking at it for a few minutes I must say the BLUE is beautiful. It isnt overwhelming in the bedding so I think it will make the wall stand out even more.The purple is pretty as well, but I honestly think that it will be wayyyy to much since her bedding has a lot of purple in it. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Love the purple, we are doing purple, but you have to go with that blue. It's beautiful :)
  • Options
    definitely blue.  the others are too saturated / primary for me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    blue!

I would like the purple more if it were a little lighter
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    No purple. The green is a gorgeous color, but I think I would go with something a couple shades lighter. The blue is a stunning color! That would be my pick.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for your input. The past few days I have been going in the room looking at them all in different lighting. The other day I had been leaning towards the blue but my DH thinks it is too beachy but it could be beachy or a cool winter color as well. My favorite is the green but there is not enough of the green in the bedding and I don't want it to look like I picked a random color, I like the purple too but what some others pointed out it may be too much purple. Purple is the dominant color in the bedding and her valance is purple and a few other things.

I think the cool blue will be the best option, light enough and a good balance with everything in the room. Thanks! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I also like the blue since purple is in the bedding and the shade you have may be too dark/overwhelming. I do love purple though as my second option! And not sure if you're concerned or not about repainting, but the bolder colors I think will require multiple coats to go over, so hopefully the blue would be a cooler option in case your LO wants it to change further down the line.
  • Options
    Yeah, the blue!
  • Options
    Blue. The others are way too dark for me. Nice color choices, by the way! We are doing a light aqua and purples, but haven't yet decided if we'll paint the wall.

• Options
    Blue or a lighter purple
  • Options
    Blue, or something lighter. These are pretty dark. Maybe a light lavender? Will look nice with the carpet color!

Mommy to my Angel baby Domenico Anjelo M/C 11 weeks 12/20/2014
    C/P 4/15/2015 5 weeks
    BFP 6/15 /15 Due: 2/25/16

• Options
    I like the blue! Personally I would go a bit lighter with it, but since it's only an accent wall the darkness of the color doesn't bother me
  • Options
    g8trkimg8trkim member
    edited January 2016
    Blue. The green shade is beautiful but doesn't gel with the bedding and the purple is pretty but too dark.

Edit to add: I would go a hair lighter with the blue so it doesn't compete so much. Or do quite a bit lighter and do the purple.

• Options
    They all look a little dark for a baby's room to me.
    Me: 36 DH: 36
    Married: October 2011
    DS: January 2016
    DS: May 2019
    #3: April 2022
  • Options
    I would go with the blue as well. If the bedding didn't have so much purple, I would have opted for a muted version of that.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options
    We did purple and blue too (different shades but similar) and I prefer the blue

*Kate*

February 2016

• Options
    Could you do vertical stripes with the blue and the purple? That way it's not too much of either. It'd take a bit more time but it'd be super cute!