January 2016 Moms
Options

Hospital bag

What is a must (and some simple and obvious things) for a hospital bag? Single mom and nervous beyond belief

Re: Hospital bag

• Options
    Hi @TigerMoms there are one or two really good threads on this with great suggestions from second time moms. If you search hospital bag they should come up. Good luck and fun packing!
  • Options
    2-3 pair of comfy clothes, travel size toiletries (like you would for a weekend vacation) comfy slippers, phone charger, cash, contact case and eyeglasses if needed. I think those are the basics. I have my bag half packed with a list of necessities that I can't pack, like the charger, but I'd say it's pretty simple and all that's really needed.
    As far as baby
    Carseat installed, warm blankets, 2 sets of comfy sleepers NB and 0-3, going home outfit. Mini first aid kit, diapers and wipes. Receiving blanket.
    Well this is what I have. Hope it helped. Good luck:)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I ve been told to bring multiple receiving blankets for LO because if they are small you will roll them to pad the car seat, as most car seats are still quite large for a NB.
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • Options
    nickicb7 said:
    I ve been told to bring multiple receiving blankets for LO because if they are small you will roll them to pad the car seat, as most car seats are still quite large for a NB.
    Just be careful because some car seats have newborn inserts already (Chicco Key Fit 30) and recommend not using any added padding as it's designed for newborns already. I was going to order a fun looking pad for the car seat but read the fine print on the car seat and decided to just go with their design. 
  • Options

2-3 comfortable, lounge-y type outfits and a nightgown (b/c I can't stand the feel of the hospital gowns.  To high against my throat)

1-2 bras

Basic toiletries (travel sized)

slippers/socks (Totally bringing some nifty toe socks)

phone/charger/tablet

camera

wallet/id

Something to wear home (you'll still need maternity clothes most likely)

2 outfits for baby (NB and 0-3) going home

blankets for baby going home

carseat

Optional:

Your own giant towel.  I always bring one b/c hospital towels suck.  I pick an older beach towel that I won't mind tossing if it gets too gross.

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

DS1 01/08/03 DD1 08/11/04 DD2 10/06/08 DS2 09/30/14

SURPRISE!  Hannah May born 01/22/16

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

• Options
    Chapstick or some kind of lip balm, snacks (in case the kitchen is closed after labor), a pillow from home if you're picky like me, slip on shoes (so i don't have to worry about laces if i can walk around), and maybe a book or magazine for distraction.
    I know I'm bringing WAY more than I'll need (especially since I'm less than 5 mins from the hospital) but I'd rather be over prepared than wish I had brought that one thing I thought I wouldn't need.
  • Options
    I'm packing a pair of drawstring pants that are loose, a couple nursing cami's and a t-shirt to come home in, toiletries, flip flops, snacks and a roll of quarters, a pillow with an old pillow case, chapstick, camera and spare batteries, phone charger, and I think that's it. As for the baby, his bag is ready to go with a few diapers and wipes, two outfits (depending on the weather), a blanket, socks, and mittens.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • Options
    I just packed my bag (38+2).
    For me:
    Sweater
    Stretchy fleece pants (2 pair)
    Nursing Bras (2)
    Fuzzy socks (1 with grips, 1 without)
    Underwear (2 pairs)
    Tshirt
    Fuzzy Slipper Shoes
    Breast Pads
    Hair Ties/Headbands
    Pillow
    Phone and Charger
    Travel Sized Toiletries (Target sells 9 piece kits with shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, lotion, etc for about $6)
    For Baby:
    2 outfits (nb and 0-3 - I have big babies)
    Booties/socks
    Warm Hat
    Scratch Mittens
    Blanket
    Optional for Baby:
    Headbands
    Stuffed Animal
    Swaddle
    For SO:
    Change of clothes
    Sandals
    Shower amenities
  • Options
    This is the list I made that's been saved in my notes since I started searching around for other people's lists. Haven't packed yet. (37w2d)

For me:
    Nursing bra
    Sweats
    Loose tshirt
    Sleep tee gown
    Panties (4)
    Slippers
    Socks (2)
    !!!Chapstick!!!
    Coming home outfit

For B:
    2 changes of clothes
    Advil
    Headphones
    Pillow
    Roll of quarters for vending machine

For Baby B:
    Baby gown (2)
    Socks (3)
    Mittens
    Beanie
    Coming home outfit
    *Diaper bag*
    Warm blanket

Toiletries:
    Toothbrushes
    Toothpaste
    Conditioner
    Hair ties
    Makeup bag

Don't forget:
    Purse & wallet (I.d.'s!!)
    Phone chargers
    Camera & SD card
    Card stock for his foot print
  • Options

nickicb7 said:

Just be careful because some car seats have newborn inserts already (Chicco Key Fit 30) and recommend not using any added padding as it's designed for newborns already. I was going to order a fun looking pad for the car seat but read the fine print on the car seat and decided to just go with their design. 

I absolutely agree, a friend told me to have some on hand though, just in case. The nurses here won't let you leave unless baby is totally secure. If the insert isn't good enough, or car seat doesn't have one, it's good to have a few in your bag, just in case.
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • Options
    The most important item in my hospital bag is a big chocolate covered pretzel!
  • Options
    Don't forget the lanolin nipple cream if nursing :)