2nd Trimester
Options

Pregnant after "mommy-makeover"...any experience?

My husband and I had trouble getting pregnant with our first child, and after two we felt very fortunate. As a gift, I got a mommy-makeover. I am ecstatic to be pregnant again with our third, but I am wondering if my surgery will hold up? Has anyone had this procedure and then gotten pregnant after? 
Any possibility I may just need a partial tuck? 
I got the procedure 2 years ago, and at 17 weeks I can already feel some tugging at my incision site. 

TIA! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pregnant after "mommy-makeover"...any experience?

• Options
    Hmmm what did your doctor say?

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have no experience with a mommy makeover, but I do have abdominal scarring from 3 previous lap surgeries. My scars tugged and felt strange at first, but as time has gone by the adhesions have stretched and no longer feel different.

I don't think you should have much of a problem as long as you keep up with a healthy clean diet, and mild exercise to help with labor muscle toning.

Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had my breast done 18 months before conceiving... They have gotten bigger since being pregnant. I feel tugging and stretching and lots of discomfort at times. My surgeon said I'll most likely have to do a lift after having kids. With that being said I could see the possibility with needing a partial tuck. Talk to your surgeon though
  • Options
    I had lipo, tummy tuck, and breast lift with augmentation 10 years ago. My boobs have gone from a 34F to 36I and I'm pretty sure I'll want to have them redone. With my tummy tuck, I can feel the internal sutures pulling around my belly button and it's rather uncomfortable sometimes, but I'm 8 months pregnant and still pretty small. I don't know if the tummy tuck and the internal sutures have anything to do with that, but I'm anticipating not having to redo the tummy tuck. I guess I'll find out in a couple months. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I had my breast done 18 months before conceiving... They have gotten bigger since being pregnant. I feel tugging and stretching and lots of discomfort at times. My surgeon said I'll most likely have to do a lift after having kids. With that being said I could see the possibility with needing a partial tuck. Talk to your surgeon though
    I have breast implants and after 2 kids they still look pretty damn good. No lift needed here so maybe you won't either...
  • Options
    My doctor said it was case-by case. He literally told me to talk to my friends, see what their experience was, and we would talk after I had the baby so he could assess my situation. I am just trying to feel out generalities. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    JMarie1291JMarie1291 member
    edited December 2015
    @Bigboobsmcgee glad to hear that! I went from an a cup to a c cup. Im small frame so it was perfect for me. I wish I went bigger now since being pregnant I shot up to double D. So we will see fingers crossed I wont.
  • Options
    I had a breast augmentation 2 years ago (34b. to a 34d) and already at 25 weeks I'm a 36DDD and have 2 stretch marks under my R nipple.
    I'm hoping they bounce back after baby
  • Options
    I had a lift and reduction (boobs) almost exactly a month before I got pg this time. I know it's really uncomfortable for me and have no clue what this is going to do to the scarring process now. I know I've gone up a size at least since the surgery (I went down 3 sizes on my right and 4 sizes on my left). I was told it should go back but I may sag again (sigh). I guess it really depends on your weight gain, elasticity of your skin, and frankly, your genes... FX it won't be too bad.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)