January 2016 Moms
Options

Good Xmas Gifts??

Did anyone get any really good Christmas gifts this year? I had a great Christmas and got way too much stuff from my mom and family. The baby also got a ton of fun stuff (toys, books, clothes, etc). It was fun to get stuff for me though as everything I've bought or been given the last few months has been baby stuff.

Top three gifts:
1. Gorgeous earrings from husband for Xmas / push present - he got me the settings as we're waiting to see if he comes in Dec (tanzanite) or Jan (garnet - actually getting green garnet stones as suggested by our jeweler instead of red)
2. Bond perfume from mom
3. Baby briefcase from sister (place to keep all baby's records, etc. - seriously awesome)

And a bonus gift I bought my husband and I that I'm super excited ab are two of those comfortable kitchen mats (like the cashiers at Walmart have) for in front of the sink and stove! Makes cooking & dishes more bearable!

What did everyone else get??

Re: Good Xmas Gifts??

• Options
    An adorable MK crossbody bag, a new north face jacket and a DVD player for the living room. I am excited I can finally watch all my Disney DVDs with my 2 year old!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fiance got me a family tree necklace with our two birthstones and a blank one for baby (we'll have to switch it once baby gets here). Also my Mum and Dad got me CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS :smile: which is awesome because we only have tree stuff so my apartment was kind of bare this year. Also topped up my Christmas book collection so I have enough for advent calendar next year :smile: 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Well I bought baby's dad a lightweight, packable down jacket because he needed a good jacket that he would actually wear. Pretty proud of myself for thinking of something he actually needed ;) my parents and grandpa gave me money towards maternity leave. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Christmas was a small affair for us this year, but DH and I got a Keurig machine from his parents, complete with stand and our favourite drink flavours, which we're really chuffed with! I also got a load of Cadbury chocolate sent over from my family, which is a rare treat since I live in the US now and can't buy the good stuff here. 
  • Options
    From the feb board. But my husband got me a really cute trench coat. Tons of scarves and some Mac make up. I also need to go pick up my MK bag once we have time to go to the mall.
  • Options
    I got a foot spa from my father in law. Doesn't sound like much but it's something I have wanted for years!
  • Options
    We decided to just do a stocking gift exchange this year, since we're saving every spare dollar for maternity leave, but it was fun anyway.  As I requested, my husband got me like 12 different perfume samplers from this awesome company Demeter, that makes cool fragrances like Bonfire and Mountain Air, a lot of fun nature and food smells.  I am hard to please, fragrance wise, so I've been searching for an interesting scent forever.  It's been fun testing out all of the options.  And he surprised me by finding one called Sticky Toffee Pudding, which is something we ate a lot of when we were in Scotland on our honeymoon, so that was really sweet.  I also got a book I've been dying to read and some fancy chocolate bars I am now dying to eat!  :)  Simple, but good Christmas.

Oh, and he got me a cane, which I mentioned (mostly jokingly) in the worst gift thread, but joke's on me because it has helped me SO MUCh in terms of getting around with my sciatic nerve pain!  I had no idea how much of a difference it would make!  So that may be my most treasured gift this year, haha.  
  • Options
    DH got me a red leather Coach tote that I had picked out, a Tardis mug, flowers, and lots of chocolate.
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 

• Options
    I got 2 super cute Alex and Ani braclets and an adorable purse with a matching wallet. DH did a great job this year!
  • Options
    My husband got me a gift certificate to get my hair done. I am not against pregnancy hair colouring but I somehow managed to stay out of the salon since last feb and I could really use a touch up lol. He also got me a gift certificate to take a silver smith class. I started classes earlier this year but its quite expensive so I stopped once I cut back my hours at work. So looking forward to using those presents!
  • Options
    I have yet to decide if it will be the best or worst gift... Hubby was very excited, and his heart was in the right place. I got 2 small poncho type things that he paid a friend's wife to hand knit or crochet. I think it's supposed to go over the head, and might be kind of too much/itchy. If all else fails, I can slip an arm through and it will work like a blanket with less chance of exposure. He was thinking it would keep Mommy and Baby warm and snuggly while nursing on cold winter nights.
  • Options
    My fiance and I were going to cut back this year since babies are expensive but we both weren't entirely successful anyway everything I got was so thoughtful and purposeul/sweet.  I got an automatic car starter so my car can be warm before baby and I get in!  I also got a purse, tennis shoes, several sets of PJs and lounge outfits so I can be comfy when baby is here, a stocking full of things I won't want to run out of and worry about getting at the store (soaps, lotions, shampoos, razers, etc), and some other nice goodies.

I got him running boards or his car, clothes, PJs, some tools and fishing gear, and shoes.

His teenage twins got me a baby carrier plus some clothes and diapers for the baby (completely unexpected and thoughtul).

My parents got me a pandora bracelet with charms relating to my baby boy plus some comfortable lounge wear.

• Options
    Nursing PJs! DH got them for me and I hadn't even thought about that. Have to say it was a great, thoughtful gift.
  • Options
    DH got me a Christmas/anniversary/push present! (Our anniversary is in January).It's a super cute ring to wear with my wedding ring and it has rhodolite garnets ( pink/purple garnets) for baby's and my birth stones ( as I am also born in January!)
  • Options
    @mrsgertz4000 We make and stuff our own sausage too! We love it!

My husband gave me a necklace with the baby's first initial on it from Tiffany's. And his parents bought us a deep freezer and his mother is in the process of filling it with home enchiladas, lasagna, pies, and sausage! It's been amazing.
  • Options
    My husband and I agreed not to get presents for each other so I was surprised when he handed me a big bag on Christmas morning. It was the diaper bag that I fell in love with after our baby shower had already happened. Inside was a kindle to replace mine that broke this summer and a professional hair dryer just like mine at work for me to use at home since my one at home sounds like it's about to blow up any minute. (I'm a hair stylist and the store it was at only licensed hair stylists can shop at so he had to have one of the girls from my work get it for him.) So sweet!!!
  • Options
    I got extended edition Hobbit movies in a limited run collector's set that matches my Lord of the Rings extended edition set. I got him a collector's edition of The Sky artbooks which are concept art books from the Final Fantasy videogame series. We're a bit nerdy.
    Married March 19, 2011
    TTC off and on 04/14
    BFP 06/13/14 MC 06/15/14
    BFP 12/14/14
    1st Appt 01/13/2015
    M/C 1/19/15 D&C 1/20/15
    BFP 5/13/15
    1st Appt 06/10/2015 Peanut has HB 150
    A/S 09/02/15 It's a Girl!! Low placenta, but everything else great!

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options
    My wonderful husband bought me supernatural clue and the organized a night with my girls so we could play it. Our last girls night before baby.