January 2016 Moms

TW Tuesday

What/who is being a TW today!
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: TW Tuesday

• My unborn baby. She flipped so now she is breech. She refused to do anything during my ultrasound.
    Also my cat. I love her but I did not need to wake up at 3am.
  • Ear infections! My poor 12 month old is on his second double ear infection in 3 weeks! The kid is miserable and I'd just like to be able to sleep!
    I've had ear problems my entire life (4 sets of tubes, 7+ ruptured ear drums on each side), so hearing him cry in pain is killing me! Especially with my hormones going bananas.
  • Loading the player...
  • The weather. If we don't get cool crisp weather soon I'm going to scream.
  • @UptownPearl
    I'm all for cool crisp weather, I just wish the snow would stop here. I got my white Christmas now I need it to clear up so that my 2 routes to the hospital aren't closed.... Why I chose to live in a city on two sides of a river only connected by two bridges... would feel way more comfortable if I was on the same side as the ONLY hospital.... 

So my TW is urban planning

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My digestive system is a TW.  Make up your damn mind!  Are you going to be constipated or the opposite?  I know better than to hope for middle ground, but could we not swing from one extreme to the other in the course of a day?

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

DS1 01/08/03 DD1 08/11/04 DD2 10/06/08 DS2 09/30/14

SURPRISE!  Hannah May born 01/22/16

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

• Sleep is a TW today. I didn't fall asleep until almost 5am and now I feel like I'm losing my mind. 
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Sleep is a TW today. I didn't fall asleep until almost 5am and now I feel like I'm losing my mind. 

Same... tossed and turned all night and when I did sleep I had a horrible dream (nightmare?) that I was going to have this baby and I was in a room with a dozen other laboring moms on beds all lined up side by side and there was only one doctor running around to deliver all the babies... *shudders*

Yeah, I wonder why I didn't get any rest?

My brain is a TW.
  • My sciatic nerve and pelvis are the TWs.  Sigh.  I had been feeling pretty good yesterday morning, thanks to using my new cane, and decided I could go to CVS, the bank, try on nursing bras at Target and then go out to dinner with my husband.  It was definitely too much and by the end of the night I was in pretty bad pain.  While I was sleeping, fitfully, my whole pelvis was throbbing all night, and whenever I had to turn over my sciatic nerve felt like it was on fire. I feel like I got about an hour of sleep last night.  Definitely taking it easy today and wishing I could find some way to rest that wasn't painful.
  • mullenixjmullenixj member
    edited December 2015
    My baby is now breech as well! Has been head down for months then suddenly yesterday at 36.5 weeks decided to be breech. Went to the chiropractor yesterday to get hips aligned but baby still feels in the same spot. Go back to the doctor next Monday, if still breech will try ECV on Thursday to try to turn the baby. If that doesn't work, c section the week of the 11th :( let's hope these babies stop being stubborn and turn around!!
  • My sister and mom are both being TW. Mom is telling me that she is coming to my weekly appts and other things instead of asking. My sister is upset because I asked my mom to wait in the waiting room while I had my appt. (Mom then opted not to come at all)..this should be about me and my kid. Not everybody else!!
  • The weather. The ice storm kept waking me up last night, and today it's been snowing all day. I decided to call and cancel my OB appointment today since DH and I currently share a car, so I'd have to drive him to work and fetch him later (an hour round trip) as well as the Drs. My brain is already dodgy enough in the afternoon for driving, let alone during the first snow of the season when everyone forgets how to drive in it. Fortunately I managed to get another appointment for tomorrow morning. 

My back. So painful last night I could barely walk. Probably my own fault as I think I overdid things yesterday, and it's mostly alright now, but every trip to the bathroom last night (every hour or so) was a nightmare! 
  • Seattle is a TW because I can't find a free place to get my car seat checked in this city. The city north of us, Shoreline, has free checks at their fire dept but you have to be a Shoreline resident. Ugh. Don't we pay our police and fire departments to protect us? Why can't this include making sure we have a properly installed car seat?!
  • @fishee333
    Maybe if you call they can do one earlier than March? https://www.seattlechildrens.org/classes-community/community-programs/car-seat-safety/car-seat-checks/

Found these too:

Sue Emery, The Car Seat Lady 
    206-619-2871 (prefers text messages) or suemery@aol.com
    By appointment Western Washington

Jennifer Pavey
    206-200-5410 (prefers text messages) or spirit530@gmail.com

Kathy Kruger
    206-790-6833 or kathy.kruger@gmail.com

Wendy Thomas
    Seattle area
    By appointment. Charges for her services.
    Email: wendy@wendytt.com
    Website & FAQ's: https://www.wendytt.com

The Safety Restraint Coalition
    By appointment
    425-828-8975 or 800-BUCK-L-UP
    E-mail: 800BUCKLUP@gmail.com

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • The roads are also TWs. I was on my way home from my OB appointment and I lost control of my car due to ice. I slid into the curb which caused my drivers side front tire to come off the car but yet still be attached. I was 1/2 a block from home so SO came to get me since he works from home today. So my work is MacGyvering things so I can work but also get my car fixed. My car may not be fixed until I go on maternity leave in 3 weeks.
  • My dogs are TWs. They decided to eat a plastic ball instead of playing with it, and spent all last night vomiting it up on my bedroom floor.
  • My SO is a TW.  He spilled some greasy water on the kitchen floor and didn't clean it up right away (b/c he was doing the dishes.)  I slipped in it and nearly went down.  Still he didn't clean it.  The toddler got into the kitchen and slipped in it, smacking his head against the hard floor.  Finally SO feels like an ass and cleans it.  Toddler was hurt and scared enough that he sat in my lap for 30min.  This kid NEVER snuggles or sits still, ever.

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

• My hips keep popping when I lay down. It hurts. I'm hoping it's just them stretching out but dear God. And my 5 year old got me sick even though iv been going nuts with Lysol all week.
  • My MIL is a TW. We got it all set up so that while I'm in the hospital recovering from the c-section, that our DS1 would stay with my parents over night. We were going to split the nights, but MIL's fiance had major surgery last week and we all agreed that it would be too much for her to take care of him and DS. Now however, I'm getting texts saying how she wants him over night and she will have help and how her fiance is doing so much better and she's trying to guilt me by saying that she's been looking forward to it for months. Stop woman, just stop. We are going to let DS stay with her for a night or two after we go home as a compromise, but he is not yours to hoard, my parents get to see him too, and we didn't have this set up or even thought of until 3 weeks before my surgery. STOP IT.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My step mom is a TW. She grabbed my belly despite knowing I hate it in Christmas and told me to get used to it. Then the cunt who is apparently against breastfeeding tells me "when your babysitting it's your decision". Well guess who is never being left alone with my child. Ugh
  • My phone is a TW. Not necessarily my phone but the fact that it won't stop ringing with people calling and texting all day long. Seriously people. If I have this kid YOU WILL KNOW. Leave me alone.
  • You know what?  No one we know has asked even ONCE about my pregnancy.  No one cares one bit.  They are all TWs!

• My work is a TW I can't do overnight shifts because they are too physically demanding, and what does she do??? Schedules me an overnight on new years eve. It will be crazy busy and I will have to deal with all the damn drunks!!!

And the weather. I live in Missouri, where there is historical flooding. The town next to me is pretty much all under water!
  • @claireloSC thanks! I ended up making an appointment with Wendy on your list. It's not free, but she's meeting at my house so that will be nice and convenient :)
  • @kelseyg002 I live in Kansas city. Everything froze over here! I'm more worried about falling walking outside or some idiot hitting my car because they can't drive on ice.
  • Me. I'm being the TW.
    My long time friend was due at the end of February, and she ended up giving birth at 3am today. I'm genuinely happy for her, and the dad. The baby boy is gorgeous!
    But I am so mad. I'm over here almost 39 weeks, getting told i will be induced at 41 weeks if baby doesn't arrive by in the next 2 1/2 weeks. Which he has no desire, as I've tried everything to help start labor. She easily has a beautiful and healthy baby boy at 34 weeks.
    I'm so jealous of her, and I know it's so wrong.. I'm such an emotional bitch lately.
  • Round 2 for the day of TWs... it sort of piggy backs off of my DS's ear infections. Apparently, SO's insurance from his previous job never got canceled even though he hasn't been employed there for over 6 months?! How do we find this out? By going to pick up our son's meds and being asked to pay $50 out of pocket because DS's current insurance refuses to pay because they have reason to believe the other company should be paying! So, now apparently my son has NO insurance, and we have a whole lot of phone calls to make in the morning...
  • DH. I'm horny AF again and he fell asleep. I have the sex drive of pubescent boy right now.
  • juju0592 said:

@kelseyg002 I live in Kansas city. Everything froze over here! I'm more worried about falling walking outside or some idiot hitting my car because they can't drive on ice.

Oh gosh that's awful! We had a little bit of flurries but nothing froze over or stuck thank god of we would be reliving the Titanic with icebergs!