February 2016 Moms

*Tuesday Ticker Change*

Weeks/fruit-

Symptoms/cravings-

Happy/Crappy-

Doctor appointments-

GTKY: Do you make New Years resolutions? and if so what is it for 2016?
My Baby Penguins
DD1: 9/19/11
DS: 1/1/14
DD2: 1/31/16

Re: *Tuesday Ticker Change*

• Weeks/fruit- 34 weeks

Symptoms/cravings- I'm starting to feel that "done" feeling.  I'm kind of over being pregnant. I know i still have 6 weeks left and they are going to be the longest of my life.  Now that Christmas is over I've been nesting too.  

Happy/Crappy-
    Happy- I'm looking forward to 2016 and  getting closer to meeting our newest addition!  
    Crappy- The heartburn is back....i'm going to be disappointed if this LO doesn't have a lot of hair. 

Doctor appointments- I have my next doctor's appointment next Tuesday and then it's every week after that!  I also have my prehospitalization next Wednesday.  So we're getting ready!

GTKY: Do you make New Years resolutions? and if so what is it for 2016? I don't usually make New Years resolutions, and i'm not really this year either, but I do want to try to be more present with my family.  It's just so easy to get caught up in cell phones, tvs, and whatever other electronic devices that are around.  I really don't want to miss out on anything with my kiddos.
    My Baby Penguins

• edited December 2015
    34 weeks

Symptoms - Severe pubic bone pain at times - hoping to go to the chiro soon.

Happy - I took down all my Christmas decorations yesterday. I love Christmas, but I'm glad that all the craziness is done. I don't have anything really crappy right now.

Dr appointments - next week

NY Resolutions - I'll be giving up Coke this year. It's kind of a yearly tradition. Haha. I give it up, make it through half the year, and then start drinking it again. I'm terrible - I just love it! I've been toying with a couple others. Like no TV at dinner and the kids have to sit for a certain length of time - but it's so stressful when we try to enforce that, and I doubt we'll stick through it when baby comes, so we'll see.

ETA @purplepenguin3 I'm definitely feeling the "done" feeling too. I'm so much more uncomfortable this time around than the first two pregnancies. And especially after sitting on the floor to play with my kids, which is tough to avoid at their ages. I just want to fast forward these next six weeks.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Weeks/fruit- 34 another squash lol

Symptoms/cravings-
    Basically pain from the waist down
    Tired made worse by a toddler who won't sleep alone and peeing every hour

Happy/Crappy-
    Happy I saw baby boy this morning and everything is great, he's just big
    Also my new computer(Christmas present) comes today
    Crappy: I fell like I'm DONE and like a cow

Doctor appointments-
    Today had a checkup and a growth ultrasound. They were worried he wasn't growing but looks huge compared to DD

Eat healthier as a family. I usually do but this pregnancy makes me not want to cook. Also get into shape after the baby comes
  • Weeks/fruit- 34 another squash lol

Symptoms/cravings-
    Basically pain from the waist down
    Tired made worse by a toddler who won't sleep alone and peeing every hour

Happy/Crappy-
    Happy I saw baby boy this morning and everything is great, he's just big
    Also my new computer(Christmas present) comes today
    Crappy: I fell like I'm DONE and like a cow

Doctor appointments-
    Today had a checkup and a growth ultrasound. They were worried he wasn't growing but looks huge compared to DD

Eat healthier as a family. I usually do but this pregnancy makes me not want to cook. Also get into shape after the baby comes
  • Weeks/fruit- 35 / Coconut

Symptoms/cravings- Left hip/buttock pain..probably because he's nestled into the right side of my body the other side is trying to compensate. General soreness, carpal tunnel like symptoms in the morning.

Happy/Crappy- Happy - survived Christmas! Crappy - Banged my knee on the bracket holding the countertop to my desk yesterday so in addition to my pregnant waddle from the hip, I also have a limp because I can hardly bend my knee.

Doctor appointments- Had a growth u/s this morning and a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning to discuss that scan.

GTKY: Do you make New Years resolutions? and if so what is it for 2016? I'm not a big resolution person. I want to drink more water (which shouldn't be hard since I plan to EBF), and spend more time outside.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • @MississippiCatfish - YES!  My kids want to play on the floor all the time which is normally more than fine.  It's so hard to get back up off the floor now.  I'm just ready to get my body back.  I hate not being able to do things for/with my kids.
    My Baby Penguins

• Weeks/fruit- 34 weeks / Squash

Symptoms/cravings- Heartburn, hip pain, always hot, itchiness

Happy/Crappy- Got to hear baby boy's heart beat yesterday, think we we found a take-home NB onesie, and it's another short work week. Crappy: Coming back to work after 5 days off was HARD and I'm so sleepy

Doctor appointments- Yesterday and did blood work for Cholestasis since I want to take steel wool to my skin. I'm not too worried about the results since I don't have any other symptoms but my OB wanted to officially rule it out. 

I have another appt next week and will be having an NST

GTKY: Do you make New Years resolutions? and if so what is it for 2016? Not usually but I am this year to finally finish the 1st draft of the novel I'm working on. I'm going on another writing retreat in June and really want to be done with it by then
  • @mamacastro I just wanted to check in and see how you were doing.
  • Weeks/fruit- 32/Squash

Symptoms/cravings- Back pain and sleep issues, but getting better thankfully. I think it's because I have been cautious about what I am eating and drinking prior to bed. Still no real cravings.

Happy/Crappy- Happy- We had a dr appt today and he said that baby girl is head down, everything looks perfect, and I am measuring exactly at 32 weeks.
    Crappy-Prewarning ladies, this is a super selfish and rude crappy. I am a little stressed about how late my shower is going to be. My dad called me yesterday to ask me how to print the list I sent my mom via google docs, I believe this is so they can send invites. From what I gather my shower is going to be super late either last week of January or beginning of February. I am due the 23rd. Just stresses me out.

Doctor appointments- Had one today, everything looks great. We have an appt in two weeks again, but then two weeks from then our dr ordered an ultrasound since I failed my initial glucose test. Although I passed the 3 hour one, and he said I am measuring spot on, he wants to just look at how baby girl is growing.

GTKY: Do you make New Years resolutions? and if so what is it for 2016? No resolution usually, but I agree with you @purplepenguin3 I want to be more present. Thats been something I have been thinking about a lot lately. Something also related is putting the camera down. I take too many pictures and DH says I live through the lens. So I also want to put that down.
  • Weeks/fruit- 34/ butternut squash

Symptoms/cravings-
    Where to start! Ugh. Soreness from being locked, heartburn, headaches, sharp stabby pains in my lady parts.

Happy/Crappy- happy: we are almost done!!
    Crappy: we aren't done yet.

Doctor appointments-
    I see my OB on the 4th for my 36 week appointment

To keep this baby alive! My first human!
  • @oxsarah7ox I had 3 showers with my first. One was plenty early, the next was cutting it too close, and the third was after baby came because no one would get their act together. I agree that we know it's selfish to care, but it is stressful. Anyway, having the shower right before baby came was still so much nicer for me personally than after, because I didn't have to worry about people wanting to pass baby around in the middle of flu season at that one! And I got a bunch of stuff I'd already bought, clothes that were already too small, etc. I don't think I'd have been irritated if that had been the plan all along based on the hostesses preference, but it was just laziness so I felt entitled;)
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Weeks-34

Symptoms / cravings- all the symptoms, I just want to lay down and that's too uncomfortable. Craving yogurt and egg rolls.

Happy/Crappy- happy that everyone is so darn excited. Crappy- see below, and I want to go outside and play and hike without the chronic backache

@oxsarah7ox I completely understand. My baby shower will be when I am 38 weeks (due Feb.9). I was really upset (and feeling very guilty about being upset), and am still fairly stressed out. More than anything I don't want to be buried in boxes and packaging during the end of the pregnancy ( or with a newborn should my little lady arrive).
    And I want to nest like crazy! Now!
    Don't feel bad! It's pretty darn normal
  • Weeks/fruit- 33 weeks / pineapple

Symptoms/cravings- getting worn out a lot easier these days. Acid reflux and indigestion in full force as well. No crazy cravings. This week...

Happy- H got me a Roomba for christmas, which is exactly what I wanted!

Crappy- turns out not all cats like Roombas. I was hoping mine would ride on it like the cat in the YouTube videos. Mine just hides under the bed

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thank you @funkypineapple that's so kind. I have had a few contractions since then but nothing to make me go back to L&D. I just hate that i'm 32 wks now and still not seeing my doctor for another two weeks. I don't know if its just Kaiser's policy or what but its so long to wait
  • Thank you @funkypineapple that's so kind. I have had a few contractions since then but nothing to make me go back to L&D. I just hate that i'm 32 wks now and still not seeing my doctor for another two weeks. I don't know if its just Kaiser's policy or what but its so long to wait
    I'm glad you haven't had to go back but yes, that would be completely frustrating. Hopefully that will be your last 2 week appointment and you'll start 1 week appointments soon. I just hit 34 weeks and I'm at once a week now. 

I work for a case management company and one of my CW's has to call Kaiser all the time. We don't have them in our area but from the amount she complains about them, what you said doesn't really surprise me. Still sending you T&Ps!
  • I actually haven't had even a two week appt. yet the last one and next one in two weeks was still a month in between :/