July 2015 Moms

Baby Cold, runny nose remedies

n3na94n3na94 member
edited December 2015 in July 2015 Moms
Hi mamas!!! We just got back from our Florida vacation and I think the weather change from hot to cold made my little one is a bit under the weather and has a runny nose. :'( Any home remedies or advice on how to relieve it!? It bothers him when he is napping or sleeping. We also gave him Little Remedies and his tummy didn't take it so well. I will contact his ped tomorrow in the mean time Im hoping my little one feels better soon and in advance Thank you mamas! :)

Re: Baby Cold, runny nose remedies

• klirwin82klirwin82 member
    edited December 2015
    Nose Frida. It worked better than a nasal bulb, especially when you spray some saline in the nostril first to loosen up any caked snot.

ETA I used it on him before bedtime so he could sleep and also before nursing. Baby stuffy noses are the worst. :(
  • Agree with pp. when my baby had a runny nose I just used nose frida with saline drops. I didn't use meds because he didn't have a fever or any other symptoms. His nose cleared up in a few days.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm using nose frida but I haven't tried the saline drops hopefully it'll help! Thank you mamas!!
  • We are in the same situation. Yep, nose frida is awesome, but my son starts crying as soon as he sees it in my hand. But he feels better once it is done. I do it after his bath in the steamy bathroom. We also put a thin pillow under one end of his mattress to give it a slight incline. Careful not too steep or they will slide to the bottom, but a slight incline helps. And having the humidifier going while he is sleeping. Ours has a spot to put in Vick's pad so it adds the menthol smell to the room. They also have pads with a lavender scent. And of course I think snuggles from mom always makes them feel better!!

Hope everyone's babies are feeling better soon!!