January 2016 Moms

Sex Positions

Just curious if anyone has any fresh ideas for how to manage sex with our large bellies? DH and I have tried a few new positions but they seem awkward or uncomfortable. Anyone have any favourites?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Sex Positions

• mamakculbmamakculb member
    edited December 2015
    DH standing next to bed and me laying on back at edge of bed. Or spooning. Other than that it feels almost impossible to maneuver!

• Loading the player...
  • Spooning.
    Married March 19, 2011
    TTC off and on 04/14
    BFP 06/13/14 MC 06/15/14
    BFP 12/14/14
    1st Appt 01/13/2015
    M/C 1/19/15 D&C 1/20/15
    BFP 5/13/15
    1st Appt 06/10/2015 Peanut has HB 150
    A/S 09/02/15 It's a Girl!! Low placenta, but everything else great!

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Spooning w clit action from hubbys hand has been our go to for months..
  • Spooning is it. Everything else hurts or I can't breathe. I feel bad for my husband.
  • Standing, me bent over with a chair or something to support my upper half in my hands. Also works in the shower, I can use the bar to hold my upper half while bent over.
  • Before my ob put a stop to our sex life this pregnancy, and for most of my pregnancy with DD1, doggie style was the way to go. Throw a couple pillows down to support the belly and you'll be good to go.
  • Doggie style, with pillows supporting my belly. Or spooning.
    But that's if I can get DH to even want to. He feels too weird with the big belly.
  • I lay partially on my back & partially on my side and put one leg on his shoulder and one underneath him. Or doggy style supported by pillows. Or reverse cowgirl, which feels great buuut I feel so huge on top.
  • Yes. Spooning, or doggy style. Girl on top works too if you can manage to manuever all that extra weight and the belly that is in the damn way
  • I still have no issues with anything we have always done, I just take a little longer to get comfy, lol. Fine on my back, side, on top, no problem.
  • I hate spooning so much. Doggie style with a stack of pillows, or, less often, me on top.

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

DS1 01/08/03 DD1 08/11/04 DD2 10/06/08 DS2 09/30/14

SURPRISE!  Hannah May born 01/22/16

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

• I'm from the Feb board, 34 weeks 2d. My husband and I are still able to do the same positions as before. I still favor being on top.
  • We used to spoon, kind of make a "T" on our sides, and doggie. A big hell no to me on top lol. But since the last dr appt when the dr said he could feel the head, sex has slowed down quite a bit. I feel like i have to force him to put more than the tip in cause he is scared now -.-
  • Latina211508Latina211508 member
    edited December 2015
  • MamaHollandMamaHolland member
    edited December 2015
    I only do it on my side now. I get too tired on top or doggy style. Being on my back is too uncomfortable. I lay on my right side & prop a pillow between my knees. Not so sexy but my libido is through the roof & he's loving pregnancy sex. I'm surprised I still want it as much as I do. Pelvis pain, hip pain, etc... These hormones have me ready to get it nonetheless.
  • Reverse cowgirl!!
  • Have to agree with reverse cowgirl .. I am a huge baby and my stomach is so sensitive to even touch the past week or so .. Like my skin is stretching way too far .. but my husband has always been able to turn me on no matter how awful I feel.. try something new. If your husband is usually gentle, tell him you want it rough. Make him talk to you and pull your hair & bite on you .. Lol a little 50 shades here but I promise your mind will not be on that belly and any position will work because you both will probably enjoy it .. & it will probably be a little quicker than you think lol
  • Doggie with pillows is how it most always ends because it gets uncomfortable after a few mins, but we can do it missionary as normal most times, as long as I have my legs up on his shoulders. Tried being on top... Felt so awkward and huge and clumsy! Good for those of you you that can rock it! You go girls!
  • Spooning or doggie style. I've been wanting to get on top but I'm too damn lazy!
  • Side note: anyone else feel like the contractions you get post sex almost make it not worth it? I haven't had an issue with this until today. Maybe it's because we are getting closer to the end, but holy hell they hurt!!
  • I find Doggie style is the most comfy, and agree with the support pillows. We still can do me on my back, as long as he stays vertical and doesn't put too much weight on me. Off the side of the bed also works, but less effective for him.
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • Pillows under my back is the only thing that works for us. @maddisonwallace yes I've been getting post-sex contractions since 20 weeks!
  • alisongem said:

Pillows under my back is the only thing that works for us. @maddisonwallace yes I've been getting post-sex contractions since 20 weeks!

I've only had them twice. The first time was like "oh, this is uncomfortable" and then the second time I ran to the bathroom thinking I was going to crap my pants and I sat there sweating for 45 minutes until they stopped. They slowed down and aren't *as* bad so I'm hesitant to call and go up to L&D for nothing. But we are going on the last 7 hours since the sweat fest with 1-3 an hour and they HURT
  • I wish I had an sex drive at all. I feel bad for my boyfriend. I've been denying him this entire pregnancy. I wanna try tonight but ugh haha
  • First time in two months this morning. I just don't want it and it was awkward. I was hoping it would help jump start labor. I've tried all the old wives tales (except for castor oil, no way am I touching that stuff). On top put too much pressure on my stomach since baby is so low. Had to do doggy and even that was uncomfortable. Maybe if I felt attractive I would have been more into it.
  • I just had sex and my tummy started to cramp up and it's been about maybe 30 to 45 mins after I still have that cramp I'm 36 weeks and 2 cm
  • Spooning or doggie style. I've been wanting to get on top but I'm too damn lazy!
    technically, I'm too lazy for being on top, too.  These days I just climb on, and SO holds and moves my hips in a rhythm that works for him.  Not as much fun, but better than nothing.

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

DS1 01/08/03 DD1 08/11/04 DD2 10/06/08 DS2 09/30/14

SURPRISE!  Hannah May born 01/22/16

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

• Side note: anyone else feel like the contractions you get post sex almost make it not worth it? I haven't had an issue with this until today. Maybe it's because we are getting closer to the end, but holy hell they hurt!!
    I definitely get contractions post/during sex, but they don't bother me. I just remind myself it's my body getting ever closer to labour! They can for sure be uncomfortable but they don't put me off of sex all together. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Doggy style has been our go to for months. It's pretty much the only position that i can breath in and that is enjoyable. 
  • This belly is officially too big and super awkward. Currently : standing, on top (but like an x) with belly supported by pillows, doggy or butt to the edge of the bed.
    Those seem to work ok. Still awkward but gimmie those prostaglandins.
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)