Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekly weigh-in/fitness check in 12/28/15

penelope4612penelope4612 member
edited December 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant

Current Weight/Goal Weight (If you weigh yourself). OR how are you feeling this week?

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week?

Any challenges you're facing this week?

How did you do with your goals last week?

GTKY: What's your favorite motivation tactic when your interest in dieting/exercising is wavering?

Re: Weekly weigh-in/fitness check in 12/28/15

•  Current Weight/Goal Weight (If you weigh yourself). OR how are you feeling this week? I'm down 4 lbs out of my initial goal of 7 lb of weight loss (it should really be more like 10-15lb, but I'm starting with 7).  So I feel pretty good (even though it has taken me like 3-4 weeks to lose 4 lb).

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week? Trying to make it to the gym 3 times, and yoga once.  Made it to yoga today (yay!) so check that off.  I am losing interest in tracking on MFP, but I should because there are too many cookies and chocolates in this house and I need to keep that under check.

Any challenges you're facing this week? Cookies, candies, chocolate, New Year's party

How did you do with your goals last week? Meh, I ate more junk than I should have but I'm still down a pound.  That could be due to the loss of AF bloat though.

GTKY: What's your favorite motivation tactic when your interest in dieting/exercising is wavering?  I actually asked this because I have no motivation to keep logging on MFP even though I should.  DH has been pretty motivated to get to the gym recently so that's keeping me hanging on by a thread.  I need some ideas.

• mrsdee15mrsdee15 member
    edited December 2015

ETA: @penelope4612 I'm starting to get overwhelmed with always trying to enter food into MFP - I'm not sure how to pull out of it, it feels so time-consuming and almost impossible if we go out to eat.

Current Weight/Goal Weight (If you weigh yourself). OR how are you feeling this week?  Ugh, after making some headway, I got viral bronchitis, and can't work out for at least another week according to my MD.  The weight started creeping back up over the holiday.  Almost back to square one.

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week?  Just eating well, as my lungs are currently attempting to turn themselves inside out via coughing.

Any challenges you're facing this week?  Definitely not being able to exercise and NYE.  Also, my FitBit just up and stopped working.  Grumble.

How did you do with your goals last week?  Terribly, see above.  I feel crappy about it even though there's nothing I could have done to change it while sick.

GTKY: What's your favorite motivation tactic when your interest in dieting/exercising is wavering?  I usually remind myself that I feel worse when I don't eat well and exercise, sometimes that helps.  

DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll post later/tomorrow because right now I am FORCING myself out into the cold rain to go to yoga class. Hold me to it, ladies!
  •  Current Weight/Goal Weight (If you weigh yourself). OR how are you feeling this week? I feel like a fat f*ck

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week? I dunno. Gym Tu-Th, maybe a run Friday or Saturday. Nutrition wise... eat the healthy meals I have planned and don't eat shit for lunch. Drinking less and snacking better after New Years. Plan was for today, but there's too much wine in the house for that ;)

Any challenges you're facing this week? Not wanting to start anything before New Years.

How did you do with your goals last week? I don't remember!

GTKY: What's your favorite motivation tactic when your interest in dieting/exercising is wavering? The way my clothes fit. When my pants start to feel snug, I get motivated to work out more. I guess that's not really a tactic, but it is what gets me going.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• You guys! I went to yoga tonight and I'm so glad I did! I actually feel so much better.

Current Weight/Goal Weight (If you weigh yourself). OR how are you feeling this week?
    I've decided I'm not weighing myself until 1/1/16. In terms of how I'm feeling, fighting a cold or something right now so it's a challenge.

Fitness goals this week while I'm off work. Also, I am trying to put together menu plans and clean out my pantry for the new year.

A cold or allergies. Also, until I make it to the grocery, I have little food to work with

My goal was to drink more water. I did well in the beginning of the week but fell off a bit at the end.

GTKY:
    Reminding myself how my clothes fit. Or don't fit.
  • Current Weight/Goal Weight (If you weigh yourself). OR how are you feeling this week?

Feeling fat and awful. I'm wanting to drop 30lbs over the next 6 months. That should pute back in the healthy weight range.

Working on cutting out soda and fried food this week.

Did ok lowering caffeine intake.

GTKY: What's your favorite motivation tactic when your interest in dieting/exercising is wavering?

Still trying to find one that works...
  • Current Weight/Goal Weight (If you weigh yourself). OR how are you feeling this week?
    149/130

I think I am just not really going to think about it until the new year. I am going to the gym today.

Weekend Christmas celebrations and lots of food.

Eh.

GTKY:
    I guess I don't really have any tactics.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

•  Current Weight/Goal Weight (If you weigh yourself). OR how are you feeling this week? First weigh-in today after the long holiday weekend of eating.  I was really surprised I only gained like 1.5 lbs.  I think that's because I'm in my TWW and only and a few glasses of wine the whole time.  In the past I would've had more than that in one night ... and every night haha.  Especially at the IL's, they drink (and eat) all day over the holidays!

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week? Get back to logging on MFP and trying to eat when I'm hungry, not just because there's food around.  Definitely getting more workouts in!

Any challenges you're facing this week? After a busy weekend I just want to be super lazy!  Also, it snowed yesterday and I hate driving in snow, so I'm not super motivated to go to the gym.

How did you do with your goals last week? Didn't really have any.  We cooked a pretty healthy and delicious Christmas dinner at our house, so I'm proud of that.

GTKY: What's your favorite motivation tactic when your interest in dieting/exercising is wavering?  I don't do diets, but I remind myself of how much better I feel when I eat healthy and exercise.  When I'm really in a non-exercising rut, I tell myself to just do a really short workout, like 20 minutes.  It seems more manageable and I usually end up getting into it and going way longer.  

Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

•  Current Weight/Goal Weight (If you weigh yourself). OR how are you feeling this week?

I am feeling okay this week.  Getting over a bad cold and getting back into long walks with the dog and yoga class.

Two yoga classes and two runs.  Nutrition wise, my major goal is to quit those nightly beers and save it for the weekend.

I need to decide what type of yoga membership to buy, and the best value has a 3-month commitment.  The studio I go to is lightly heated (not Bikram, much lower heat than that) and I know many docs/midwives won't let you do any heated yoga once you're pregnant, so that we're trying that's giving me doubts about the commitment.  I'm trying to just repeat to myself again and again, "Don't act like you're pregnant until you are..."

I had a very bad cold so had to give myself a pass on working out.  

Sometimes I need to switch up my routine and do something completely different if I'm losing interest in running, a certain type of class, etc.  In terms of cutting back on the alcohol, I invested in some nice tea from Teavana so that it can replace a beer as my evening relax drink.  It's working great so far-but it's been 2 days.  

• NamelessAriaNamelessAria member
    edited December 2015
    Current Weight/Goal Weight (If you weigh yourself). OR how are you feeling this week? FAT. I'm feeling FAT! I weighed 155 before Christmas and now I'm at 159. I definitely over-indulged.... A LOT.

Goal weight: 140ish

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week? My goals this week are to start eating healthy again and to go for daily jogs (or at least walks).

Any challenges you're facing this week? I suppose my challenge this week is that DH and I are traveling to see his family on Thursday. We'll be there for a couple of days to celebrate New Years with them. I know this means a lot of time sitting in a car. Not to mention all the time sitting around someone's house bored to tears surrounded by delicious food. It's going to be really hard to eat healthy and exercise.

How did you do with your goals last week? Not well at all. :(

GTKY: What's your favorite motivation tactic when your interest in dieting/exercising is wavering? I remind myself that I'm not comfortable with my weight. I'm embarrassed every time someone takes a picture of me or a see a picture of me. I don't feel sexy in anything I wear: all my clothes make me feel fat. And I think about how much better I'll feel about myself if I stick to the diet and lose the weight. Feeling so bad about myself makes me far more sad than having to say no to the cake does. I also remind myself that I'd really love to be that pretty, skinny pregnant lady someday. I'd like to have pictures of my pregnancy (that I may never have /sigh But maybe someday!) but I'd also like to not cringe every time I see someone pull out a camera.

I've at least lost enough weight that I'm in the normal, healthy BMI range. So really it's vanity at this point. But still! I weighed 125 when I met my husband and about 135 when we got married. 159 just feels terrible.

Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Current Weight/Goal Weight (If you weigh yourself). OR how are you feeling this week? FAT. I'm feeling FAT! I weighed 155 before Christmas and now I'm at 159. I definitely over-indulged.... A LOT.

Goal weight: 140ish

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week? My goals this week are to start eating healthy again and to go for daily jogs (or at least walks).

Any challenges you're facing this week? I suppose my challenge this week is that DH and I are traveling to see his family on Thursday. We'll be there for a couple of days to celebrate New Years with them. I know this means a lot of time sitting in a car. Not to mention all the time sitting around someone's house bored to tears surrounded by delicious food. It's going to be really hard to eat healthy and exercise.

How did you do with your goals last week? Not well at all. :(

GTKY: What's your favorite motivation tactic when your interest in dieting/exercising is wavering? I remind myself that I'm not comfortable with my weight. I'm embarrassed every time someone takes a picture of me or a see a picture of me. I don't feel sexy in anything I wear: all my clothes make me feel fat. And I think about how much better I'll feel about myself if I stick to the diet and lose the weight. Feeling so bad about myself makes me far more sad than having to say no to the cake does. I also remind myself that I'd really love to be that pretty, skinny pregnant lady someday. I'd like to have pictures of my pregnancy (that I may never have /sigh But maybe someday!) but I'd also like to not cringe every time I see someone pull out a camera.

I've at least lost enough weight that I'm in the normal, healthy BMI range. So really it's vanity at this point. But still! I weighed 125 when I met my husband and about 135 when we got married. 159 just feels terrible.

*Hugs*

Try to stay motivated without getting too down on yourself.  Your post makes me so sad that you're feeling that bad (even though we all do sometimes).  I feel like it's so hard not to compare younger me to older me, but I also have to accept that I'm not running 40 miles a week anymore and I work 40+ hours a week so of course I don't weigh the same (to say nothing of metabolism).  And then it makes me feel like this:

Feeling okay

I just bought a Jawbone UP24 with Christmas money. I'll be loading food and exercise and crap in to this for now to see how it goes.

We have Christmas cookies galore. My mother, his mother, two of his farmer's... So many cookies!

Good! Still tracking food.

I literally search for fitness motivation, haha. Pathetic, but.. it usually works. Or I talk to my hubby and he's like "no, no.. you have to do X because Y!"

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Was it somebody from this thread that started the food group? Is there an easy way (besides bookmarking it in Chrome) to access that group?

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016