May 2016 Moms

What are you doing New Years, New Year's Eve?

As we are quickly approaching bye, wondering what everyone is doing? I've never been a big NYE fan and prefer to sit on my couch with a bottle of wine. Well, no wine this year :( DH and I are going out to dinner. We've been doing this the past few years and it's always really nice. Fancy meal, home by 9:00 asleep on the couch by 11:00. He'll wake me up at 11:59 to watch the ball drop, then back to sleep. Partayyyyyy animals we are!!

We have our a/s today. If tech can tell her turtles from hamburgers, we have a card for her to fill out and we will open it during dinner. I hope to ring in the new year know what's brewing in there.

It's almost 2016 ladies!!!

cat fail animated GIF

Re: What are you doing New Years, New Year's Eve?

• Good luck with your A/S today, @yogahh!

I don't think I'm doing much for NYE. DH's birthday is tomorrow so we will go out to dinner and probably a movie. It is looking like he will have to work on Thursday night so I might go to my parent's house and hang out with them and DS for a while. I'll be home early to put him to bed, though.

image        image

• Last year our 2 month old was actually asleep and we drank a little champagne in bed and went to sleep before midnight. This year our toddler goes to bed between 7-8pm so we are going to do an early visit to a friends party (which will likely not even really be started yet) then come home and go to bed. I can't stay awake until midnight anyway :)
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm working this year. I feel bad DH will be home alone with DD all night, but I'm a bartender at a local restaurant and the money is amazing on NYE. The only thing I'm worried about is working 5-1am without breaks. My body is going to be killing me.
  • We'll probably have a relaxing home evening this year with sparkling cider for NYE. We haven't planned anything so far, and this way, DH and I get some time together after DS goes to bed. On New Year's Day, my grandmother always hosts dinner for the family.
  • Nothing going on over here. We have a bottle of sparkling apple cider and DH will probably end up playing video games until just before midnight when he'll then wake up my passed out on the couch self. Then we'll deal with pacifying the dog since half the neighborhood usually decides it's a good idea to shoot off fireworks.
  • CharissadeatsCharissadeats member
    edited December 2015
    I wish we can do a dinner and then home.

We are going out to a friend's place in jo'burg with the whole gang. I am not really looking forward. DH doesn't drink and neither do I (duh) so everyone will be smashed expect for us. Whoopa.

I am looking forward to seeing some of my friends though.
  • I haven't done anything for NYE in 8 years. Totally not my thing. I like to sleep, not stay up late. We treat it like any other night, nothing special at all.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• baby-2-duebaby-2-due member
    edited December 2015
    Normally we go out, but since it is just myself this year, I will be going to my parents New Year's Eve party. Unfortunately, most of my friends live an hour away and will all be going out to bars. Those bars all allow smoking so I will not be joining them this year. But I plan on enjoying euchre and poker with family and family friends! A lot of their friends' children are my age and will be there so I won't be the youngest (26) haha
  • My mom has been here visiting and helping us unpack and get settled into the new house. She flies out New Year's Day so we likely won't be doing much NYE. Likely some apple cider and some movies to TRY to stay up. Here's to hoping we are successful.
  • We are actually hosting NYE party this year. Normally the in-laws host it but we decided to do it this year so everyone can see our house. We have lived here 1.5 years and not all of the family has seen it yet. Its fairly small open house style party so I don't feel overwhelmed by hosting a huge party. 
  • For the past 7 years we had my stepsons so we would definitely pop fireworks, invite friends and have a buffet set up at our house.

This is the first year it will be just the two of us! Next year with stepsons and baby it will be crazy so we wanted to do something romantic. Having a nice candlelight dinner and than joining the party at a plaza nearby. They have a dj and fireworks afterwards. Excited to celebrate with the husband for the first time!
  • PYLWhammyPYLWhammy member
    edited December 2015
    Nothing big. We're boring haha! Maybe eat some cocktail shrimp and watch a movie. Ooh and I gotta see my boo Anderson Cooper for the ball drop :love:
  • DH and I are crazy party animals! We are goingout to dinner in our neighborhood and then hanging out at home. We can see the fire works on the east river from our living room so my goal is to stay up to watch them.

Fireworks from home are the best! DH and I can see fireworks from a nearby park through our bedroom window.
  • My DH is off NYE for once but has to be back on call at 7 a.m. so no big party plans for us. We will visit with some out of state friends at their hotel, eat a bunch of food and I'll be the DD. I do have some sparkling cider to drink. Woo hoo. Lol I miss alcohol.... Anyone else? I wasn't even a big drinker but damn! The thought of an ice-cold Blue Moon makes my mouth water!!
  • DH's parents are in town, so we'll probably just go to an early dinner with them and go down to the beach and watch fireworks. We usually watch by boat, but it looks like we'll be braving the crowds since MIL doesn't like being on the boat after dark.  The fireworks start at 7:30, so it won't be a late night.  I'm sure we'll be fast asleep by midnight!
  • Yay for your a/s @yogahh !!! Fingers crossed you can find out the sex!

Hubby has to work so we'll drop the kids off with his parents around 530. We plan on going out to dinner, coming home and having a movie night :) we're also opening our envelope with the babies sex written in it that night! I'm almost 100% sure it says it's baby boy #3! We'll see of course lol
  • We're strongly considering just staying home to watch the ball drop... at 9PM, since we're on the west coast. Might get sucked in to something more "exciting," but I would love to eat pizza at home and go to bed early!
  • We always go out but this year will be way more low key. My husband works second shift and has to work that night and I'm on call all night so can't really go anywhere. So looks like it'll be me, a bottle of sparkling cider and Netflix until the hubby gets home a little before midnight and hopefully I'm still awake to watch the ball drop
  • DH is making plans this year for us (I'm curious to find out what they will be as DH NEVER plans!) but likely it will be dinner and a show or dinner and a game night with a coworker and her fiancé.  I'm not big into the whole party scene for new years.  We have friends back in our hometown we were going to visit but it's a big college town and I'm not battling a bunch of 21 y.o. drunk kids to get to my glass of water and then not even enjoy a champagne toast.  I'm cool with staying home!
  • Pascal86 said:
    We're strongly considering just staying home to watch the ball drop... at 9PM, since we're on the west coast. Might get sucked in to something more "exciting," but I would love to eat pizza at home and go to bed early!
    The only time of year I like the eastern time zone being earlier than me (I'm in central time zone).  That means I only have to stay up til 11!
  • DH and i are working:( Should be an interesting night to work though for sure. DD will be with my IL's so I'm sure she will have a good time with them.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• We usually go out for a big party on NYE, but I am just not up to it this year. LO is growing so much and I am exhausted by 8pm anymore. H told me the other night that he has already planned the night out...we are going to have a PJ party at home and have sparkling cider and chocolate covered strawberries. I'll most likely be out when the ball drops so we are setting an alarm at 11:45-ish so that we can have our last NYE kiss as just the two of us before we become parents.
  • DH has to work until 11 NYE, so it will just be the kids and me hanging out and snacking. DH also works NYD, so I am thinking of taking the kids to go skating since DD got her skates for xmas. Or a movie, haven't decided yet 
  • We are having 2 couple friends over who might not be able to stay til Midnight, in which case we'll be in bed. Our plans are simple, chat and play Cards Against Humanity. Then on New Years Day I'll watch the Rose Parade on TV. It's the one time of year I don't care if hubby wants to watch something or not- luckily he grumbles for a while then starts to enjoy it. If he's even awake. 
  • We are drinking homemade hot cocoa and watching fireworks from our backyard..in my pjs. Perfect night.
  • NYE was last night for us. We stayed home and relaxed. I honestly didn't think I would make it to midnight so we watched a movie at home instead of anything too taxing. The movie ended up being longer than expected though so I made it to midnight.  :)
  • Dh and I are getting crazy! Drinking martinelli's... From the bottle! Haha we'll be falling asleep soon. California can celebrate without us lol
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016