February 2016 Moms

Quick question - maternity dresses

Hi ladies!

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for where to buy maternity dresses that don't cost a fortune. I'd love to get something special for taking pictures but I don't want to spend a ton on something I'll only be wearing for another month. I'm looking for something along the lines of a long sleeve/quarter sleeve maxi dress (we want to do outdoor pics and I live in northern VT) but it seems like there's nothing that inexpensive. I usually just would look at goodwill or other consignment shops, but so far I haven't found anything that fit the bill. Any suggestions would be appreciated! :smile: 

Re: Quick question - maternity dresses

• Motherhood Maternity isn't too expensive.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Look at old navy.... I found some cute dresses that are what your looking for at a cheap clothing store called discovery i paid 15 a dress. They aren't maternity but are cheap so I don't care if I only wear it 2x and stretch it out. Also target has some cute ones too....maternity and not maternity. Also etsy but i think the gowns are over done on there. Plus everyone uses them in there maternity photos.
  • Loading the player...
  • I went online to https://www.pinkblushmaternity.com

After looking at their maxi section, prices range from $26-58

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • pbtoastpbtoast member
    edited December 2015
    I second pink blush. Target also has some cute more casual maternity dresses. Pink blush has all types for tons of occasions.

ETA: I have three of the same dress from Target in different colors- it's cotton, knee length, 3/4 sleeve. It can be dressed up with accessories and I wore it with tights and boots for holiday parties. I think it's like $30.
  • I actually bought a really cute maxi for ~ $30 at Charming Charlie. I like that I'll be able to wear it after she comes too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• Pink Blush!!! I got my baby shower dress there and it was a hit. I also like Motherhood Maternity for their coupons.
  • Old navy has some cute maxi dresses for pretty cheap that you can dress up or down.
  • Target has some cute ones
  • Agree with Target. I haven't looked recently, but I have two from there that I really like. And I like that you can buy online and return in store.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker