February 2016 Moms

Multiples Check In

We have not had one in a while and I know that a couple of us have already welcomed our little ones but how are we feeling these days? How far along are you, what appointments have you been having, and any other updates you want to share?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Multiples Check In

• camusoh2011camusoh2011 member
    edited December 2015
    I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow. I had my regularly scheduled NST yesterday and the nurses were so amazing. I'm really glad I've gotten the chance to get to meet so many of them throughout my pregnancy. It makes me feel like when I go in to deliver I'll be surrounded by people who know me. 

I'm very tired these days, but trying to get everything done for these two kiddos. Hospital bag is packed as is a go bag for my boys who will be spending a few days with grandma when the time comes. The vomiting is back and I finally have the okay to stop taking the medicine that has been stopping contractions so we are definitely close! 

ETA: I'm having girl/boy twins.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am 32 weeks with girl girl twins. Had my first NST yesterday with a quick ultrasound and the baby closest to exit has flipped over and is now heads down. Yay. Vaginal delivery is back on the table. Guess I will have to do childbirth classes after all. Hopefully she doesn't flip around again before delivery time. Nausea gone, but not a great appetite. Eager to be able to walk across a room without huffing and puffing. More eager to meet the little ones, ideally after week 36...
  • Loading the player...
  • Almost 35 weeks with my girls, I've never even heard of the NST until I just looked it up! Everything has been really awesome, starting to hurt a bit and wake up constantly in pain. Other than that, I feel really good. Losing my appetite quite a bit the past week or so, not sure if that's normal or not! We get to check their size again tomorrow but two weeks ago, the we're both over 4 and a half pounds. So I'm hoping their growth is still great!
  • Hi ladies! 33+4 with my b/g twins.
    I started NSTs last week and had my second one today. Both babies are doing excellent which is great.

I am miserable. I can't sleep, have a hard time eating, have terrible reflux every night, my hips and legs are killing me and my stomach is bruising. I have an 11 month old at home and feel so guilty because I really cannot do much with her. I have started to ask for help from my mom because I am so exhausted everyday.

29 more days until my scheduled c section- yes I counting the days. I want them in as long as possible so I am trying to take it one day at a time.

Hang in there everyone!

Ella Rose

1/17/15 born via IVF w/ ICSI

Spontaneous Twins!

Due January 2016

Follow our Journey

• @tarala I'm right there with ya on counting down. I have 23 days to go if they don't come sooner. I've been so uncomfortable the last couple of days and am currently in a lot of pain, dizzy, and trying to get little girl to move. Brother is moving like crazy, but she's been very quiet today.

• It's day 19 of my babies being in the nicu.  Trust me, ladies.  It sucks.  Rest when u can to keep those babies baking and plus try not to stress.  Stress made me have contractions.  Plus drink lots of water too.

Good luck future mommies!
  • It's day 19 of my babies being in the nicu.  Trust me, ladies.  It sucks.  Rest when u can to keep those babies baking and plus try not to stress.  Stress made me have contractions.  Plus drink lots of water too.

Good luck future mommies!

Hi momma-I can't imagine how hard that must be. I definitely want them to stay in as long as possible, some days are just so hard. I hope your babies are doing well.

Ella Rose

Spontaneous Twins!

Due January 2016

Follow our Journey

• I'm kind of glad(ish) to hear that other people are also experiencing lack of appetite. I'm just really not very interested in eating a lot, and I am just so drained by the end of the day. Plus my toddler has recently started fighting naps, so I'm really missing my naptime too. The hip/back pain has been so intense, but only a few more weeks until the c section! Also the pulmonologist who's been monitoring me for asthma told me to do everything I can to avoid getting sick, so we've basically been staying home. My toddler and I both have cabin fever.
    BabyFruit Ticker Follow my baby story at: http://www.nycitified.blogspot.com/
  • Thank u!

They r doing ok.  I just overdid it yesterday with walking and carrying my breastpump so I hurt really bad today from my insides and incision.  I had a classical c section.
  • Thank u!

They r doing ok.  I just overdid it yesterday with walking and carrying my breastpump so I hurt really bad today from my insides and incision.  I had a classical c section.

Glad to hear your babies are doing okay. How far along were you when they arrived?

I had a c section just this past January 17th, and I know what you are talking about. Any time I overdid it I could barely move. It does get easier!

Ella Rose

Spontaneous Twins!

Due January 2016

Follow our Journey

• 32 weeks
     Are you going to have another c section this pregnancy?
  • Yes- it's scheduled for 1/28. The time between pregnancies is so close, the fact that it's twins, and that baby b is transverse are all reasons my doctors feel it would be best. I was pretty clear with them that I didn't want to be in a situation where I labored for hours and then had to have an emergency c section.

They would have supported a vbac with a singleton, but the twins are a bit more risky.

Ella Rose

Spontaneous Twins!

Due January 2016

Follow our Journey

• Hello, I noticed recently that I am the only one with twins still standing in my ivf 3rd trimester chat group. How many ladies are still here hanging on?
  • I am still here! Babies have slowed down growth though, so depending on my ultrasound next Wed they will either be coming on the 15th or the 22nd. One or two weeks to go feels pretty good!

• I am 34 weeks so anytime in the next month. On one hand I hope they stay in a s long as possible. On the other hand, I am tired of the edema, not being able to breath, cramps, sciatica, etc and am ready to be done. Lol

Good luck with your upcoming appointment @camusoh2011
  • I am 34 weeks so anytime in the next month. On one hand I hope they stay in a s long as possible. On the other hand, I am tired of the edema, not being able to breath, cramps, sciatica, etc and am ready to be done. Lol Good luck with your upcoming appointment @camusoh2011
    Trust me I feel your pain. I'm closing in on 37 weeks myself and am very over it.

• Still going strong with my girls too! Section is scheduled for the 15th at noon. I can't believe it's already here!
  • 35+1 and still hanging in! Have 3 appointments this week starting tomorrow with our last growth scan. I can't wait to see them and get an idea of how big they are.

Time seems to be moving so slow! I am scheduled for 1/28

Ella Rose

Spontaneous Twins!

Due January 2016

Follow our Journey

• Still going strong with my girls too! Section is scheduled for the 15th at noon. I can't believe it's already here!
    I think the 15th is when they are looking to move ours. Our kids may all share a birthday! Good luck!

• tarala Congrats! I get to welcome by boy/girl twins tomorrow morning!!

• @tarala I'm an Irish triplet! My twin sisters were born when I was 11 months. We are the same age for 3 weeks. It's a lot of fun but my mom said it was a lot of work. :)

I'm 35+2 with twins and am extremely glad they are still cooking, I was on hospital bed rest for 7 weeks! So glad to be this far, but doesn't mean I'm not miserable. I echo the pain, endema, exhaustion, sleeplessness, reflux and lack of appetite! I think it's better than having babies in the NICU and applaud all you moms going through that! Hang in there everyone.