June 2016 Moms

Tuesday Check-in

Haha @mrsschmity I just read the intro to the Monday check-in and realized that I'm starting a check-in after a week of being MIA now too!  I've been chilling with family pretty much constantly and not online so much.  Today, I'm almost the only person in my entire school building and need to stay awake so here goes:

How far along are you: 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: 

What are you doing to get ready for baby? 

Questions? 
GTKY: What are you doing New Years Eve?  OR, on the off chance this has already been asked, what do you WISH you were doing New Years Eve?

Re: Tuesday Check-in

• How far along are you: 
    14 + 3

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: 
    RLP. Ouch. 
    DH & I had a busy-ish morning, & now I'm very happy to be back in my PJs & curled up on the couch with Parenthood. (So good!) 

We started our registry today. It was overwhelming at times. 

GTKY: What are you doing New Years Eve?  OR, on the off chance this has already been asked, what do you WISH you were doing New Years Eve?
    This year DH & I are just going out to dinner, then to our neighbours for games. She is also pregnant, so while our husbands drink I'll have someone sober to hang out with. 
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave
  • How far along are you: 16 weeks and 6 days!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: headaches, headaches and more headaches :(. Tylenol seems to do nothing for them either.

What are you doing to get ready for baby? Starting to research car seats and strollers and other stuff for my registry.

Questions?
    GTKY: What are you doing New Years Eve? OR, on the off chance this has already been asked, what do you WISH you were doing? Not much watching the ball drop with my hubby probably.
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• Loading the player...
  • @DeePaddy24 - I love that show.  Amazon needs to get more seasons on Prime so that I can catch up.  Enjoy!

How far along are you:
    14w5d

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Really just a headache today, but I think it's my neck that's causing them and not the parasite.  Sleeping on guest room beds is NOT comfortable... ever.  But it's my Friday!

What are you doing to get ready for baby? Researched some names yesterday... no inspiration yet.

Questions? Nothin'

GTKY: What are you doing New Years Eve?  OR, on the off chance this has already been asked, what do you WISH you were doing New Years Eve? We are headed to my in-laws for a late Christmas, but with both of the sister-in-laws on that side also being pregnant, it will be nice to celebrate new years with some other non-drinkers!  Sparkling juice for the win!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi @DeePaddy24 I forgot we were at the exact same point in our pregnancies.

How far along are you: 14w3d

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: My aches and pains haven't actually been very pronounced since my big 12 week pop,. I'm feeling WAY more energetic which is amazing.  Still nauseated off and on but more off than on lately.  I get dizzy a lot when I stand up (low blood pressure) which is annoying... Oh, and itchy boobs at night- that's new for me.
    Rave: Going out for my friend's birthday tonight.  Oh, AND getting a much-needed hair cut!  I've had a very short cut for years and am growing it out but right now it's just a bulky mess. I feel like I have enough bulk on the rest of me at the moment.  I need sleeker hair!
    Rant: I feel tubby.  I know that that's normal but I've gained more butt/hip width than I did in my last pregnancy and it's getting me down.  

What are you doing to get ready for baby? Still not too much... although, I've told most people now including my awesome and incredibly supportive (male, childless) boss.  My daughter still just calls the dog her sister and we haven't done too much to talk to her about it yet.

Questions? Just interested in how other people feel at 14 weeks.  I felt like until 12 weeks I really KNEW what to expect (at least based on my other pregnancies, even the miscarriages) but I kind of forget what I went through last time at 14 weeks.  I feel kind of in limbo because I'm not feeling any definite movement, but am feeling a lot more peppy and over the first trimester blues.  In a way, I just feel less pregnant.  

GTKY: What are you doing New Years Eve?  We're going to our friends' place out of town.  They always have a party with kids, grandmas, dogs, whomever.  I'll miss my beers but the food is always awesome and I know it'll be a good time.  My mom is looking after our daughter and dog so it's just nice for me and hubby to have a night away.

• @DeePaddy24 I agree the registry thing is just overwhelming - way too many choices, too many brands, UGH. I started then just quit. Hoping I get some sort of epiphany to figure it all out
  • @Jerseygirl9090 I had a lot of headaches the past few days.  Your post actually reminded me that I'm not having one today!  Hope yours get better soon!  So annoying....
  • How far along are you: 14 weeks and 6 days. 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I feel you all (unfortunately) on the RLP. So sore. And I feel like my bump has suddenly popped out of nowhere too. @jerseygirl9090 I too am suffering with terrible headaches.
    Rants: I miss my family so much. I guess with this being my second and last pregnancy , I just wish they were closer to share in it with me. Not sure I will even see any of them until after baby comes. 

What are you doing to get ready for baby? Thinking of all the things I want for this LO that I didn't get (and really didn't need ) for DD

Questions? 
    GTKY: What are you doing New Years Eve?  OR, on the off chance this has already been asked, what do you WISH you were doing New Years Eve? We will be home with a pizza and a movie most likely. With DD we won't be getting up to much. BUT I am looking forward so much to 2016 that I will be happy to round it off with my H and baby. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• How far along are you: 16 weeks 6 days

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I'm hungry these last few days...like really really hungry.  My bump is also more pronounced than ever.  Probably all that food.  ;)

What are you doing to get ready for baby? Same stuff....remolding the bathroom this weekend...demo time!

GTKY: What are you doing New Years Eve?  OR, on the off chance this has already been asked, what do you WISH you were doing New Years Eve? H and I are going to a tapas place we love.  He'll get a great cocktail or two I'm sure and I'll get a great mocktail.  ;)
  • How far along are you: 14 + 2

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: tired and dizzy at times. Trying to increase my water intake.

What are you doing to get ready for baby? Beginning our registry soon

Questions?
    GTKY: What are you doing New Years Eve? OR, on the off chance this has already been asked, what do you WISH you were doing New Years Eve?
    Nye my husband and I met. We began dating and it's always been a special holiday in remembering our now 15 years together. This nye we announce on social media our son. Funny how things work out. ;)

Happy New Years all.

Oh and I wish I was having a cold martini lol.
  • How far along are you: 15 weeks today! Hard to believe...

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Rave: We found out on Christmas that we will be having a baby girl, which is very exciting. Three boys would have been fun, but I can't contain my excitement about finally getting to enjoy some pink, sparkles, and animal print stuff in my life - I've been so deprived!

What are you doing to get ready for baby? I couldn't help myself, had to buy some clothes once we found out she is a girl, though I'm keeping receipts and tags considering how early it is, just in case she grows an extra appendage before the anatomy scan.

Finally starting to think about what to do about possibly re-decorating the nursery. DS2 is still in there and sleeping well, so I'm not rushing to get him out sooner than necessary, but I'm excited to change it up a little eventually.

Questions?

GTKY: What are you doing New Years Eve?  OR, on the off chance this has already been asked, what do you WISH you were doing New Years Eve? Honestly, I doubt I will stay up until midnight. I'm wiped by 10 pm and even that is a stretch! But, hopefully we will hang out and watch a movie/drink some sparkling cider before my bedtime.
    DS1 5-18-2012
    DS2 5-18-2014
    DD1 EDD 6-21-2016

babysizercom pregnancy ticker
  • Hey ladies! Nice to be back after the holiday! Hope all those that celebrate had a wonderful Christmas.

How far along are you: 13w6d

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Nausea subsiding and fatigue maybe subsiding.

Rant:
    I slipped in my sock feet, and fell down the stairs today. Just bounced 3/4 of the way down on my backside, and managed to catch the worst of it on my squishy bum and left side of my back before I grabbed a banister. Scared the hell out of DH and myself, BUT only have bruising and soreness on my bum, back, and arms. At no point did I ever have any injury to my abdomen or soft tissue unprotected by skeleton--just on bum and back ribs. No cramping, spotting, or pain other than bum/back/arms. Dr appt was already scheduled for Thursday, so I'll bring up the fall then...but baby's still heavily cushioned, so I am sure all is well.

Moral of the story: careful on the stairs, ladies! Grippy socks only!

Rave:
    It's finally sunny where I live (yaaaay!), so we're taking announcement pics today. Probably going with the "my parents are getting me a human" theme with the dog :)

All the research.

Questions? See above. No worries from my klutz move, right?

GTKY: What are you doing New Years Eve? OR, on the off chance this has already been asked, what do you WISH you were doing New Years Eve?
    PJs, couch, maybe staying awake until midnight.
    Honestly, I would rather stay home pregnant or not. Maybe have a relaxed, low-key party.
  • How far along are you: 17w5d

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Today was my last session at work...I'm officially a SAHM for awhile! I have mixed feelings.  

What are you doing to get ready for baby? As soon as we find out the sex (which will hopefully be at our anatomy scan on the 7th), I'll make a plan. If it's a boy, I'll start passing on baby girl clothes to my friends...I'll keep a few, of course, for sentimental reasons and also just in case. If it's another girl, I guess I'll start organizing the clothes a bit.  I'll work on clearing out the office, since it will be the baby's room. But mostly, I'm going to just enjoy this time, and give my DD lots of snuggles and attention.

Questions? Can't think of any.

GTKY: What are you doing New Years Eve?  OR, on the off chance this has already been asked, what do you WISH you were doing New Years Eve? Well, we have this wacky tradition of always going to Meramec Caverns on New Year's Eve day and stopping for dinner out on the way home. But it looks like the cave will be closed this year due to flooding...so we're trying to think of something else to do.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you: 14 weeks 4 days 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I have a terrible cold... and I'm mad I'm working this week I wish I was home in bed. 

What are you doing to get ready for baby? I've been asking my sisters/relatives/friends for some help in crib research and they all suggested I buy the book "Baby Bargains" so I just ordered it on amazon for $10... apparently it gives you "good, better, best" options for all the things you need from carriages to cribs to car seats so I'll be doing some reading over the weekend!

Questions? 
    GTKY: What are you doing New Years Eve?  OR, on the off chance this has already been asked, what do you WISH you were doing New Years Eve? We've always hosted a small party so we'll be doing that again, another pregnant friend is coming so I'm looking forward to having a sober buddy while everyone else enjoys champagne!! I'm really not into NYE at all this year, I'd truthfully rather be sleeping! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • How far along are you: 14w3d

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Our BM is starting a new job on 1/4 and she's decided to switch her OB care to a physician out of another hospital/private practice.  She needs more flexibility in the hours that she can make appointments.  Unfortunately, that's super inconvenient for DH and I as it's the opposite direction from where we live, past her house and we won't be able to go to all the appointments now.  I'm super irritated because she's been a SAHM since her DD was born last October and honestly (given her past history of jobs) I give her 2 weeks max at this one.  So it'll be pointless anyways for her to make a change now.  One other thing....she's complaining constantly that she can't/won't/doesn't want to eat anything.  She has no appetite but doesn't force food either.  She wants the dr to give her something to make her hungry.  I know that eating is hard for everyone but seriously?  Who takes medicine to make them hungry during pregnancy?  She's never had any vomiting and insists that she has the worst nausea ever.  I'm just over the drama!

What are you doing to get ready for baby? We are working on cleaning out our second bedroom and moving things into the office.  The office will be a shared office/bedroom now and then the nursery will be where the second bed is currently.  We don't know the sex yet but I'm so eager to start nesting!

Questions? none

GTKY: What are you doing New Years Eve?  OR, on the off chance this has already been asked, what do you WISH you were doing New Years Eve?  We are boring.  I'll probably be in bed by 10 like normal and fall asleep before the new year.  We used to go bowling with friends but they have LOs now and don't do that anymore.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• How far along are you: 15 wks 1 day

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:  Rant...I have two DDs and everyone keeps saying "I hope it's a boy" and it's starting to get on my nerves.  I get why they're saying it, but I just hope it's healthy. I don't really care either way, I'll be happy with whatever we have.  Rave...honestly, I love Christmas, but I'm glad the holidays are over and I have my house back! We had 5 extra people here for the week of Christmas so it was crowded to say the least.  Symptoms...other than random puking (while I was driving...that was NOT fun) I'm still just dealing with food aversions, and fatigue. I'm hoping now that I'm in the 2nd tri. these all start going away.

What are you doing to get ready for baby:  Still not really doing much.  We might start looking into cribs, other baby gear that we need, but until we find out the sex I don't see us doing much.

GTKY: We've been invited to a party at our friends house.  Not sure yet if we're going, but guess I'm the dd if we do, yay! haha We may just stay home though.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

• @Love4Labs326 I'm sorry that must be super frustrating to have to deal with her schedule and a new doctor, plus not eating properly but know that the baby is getting the nutrients it needs from her and the vitamins so shes most likely doing the harm to herself by not properly nourishing herself! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • How far along are you: 17+1

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: 
    Rants: I. Hate. Packing. I hope the next time we move it's into a house that we own so I don't have to do this again for a long time. 

Raves: Got paid a few days early. That always brightens my day.

Symptoms: For the most part I avoided MS which I am ever so grateful for. But I've had a headache every day for the last week. It's miserable and sitting in front of a computer screen all day for work doesn't help either. 

We finally picked a name! (Lincoln Alexander) and I think I found the crib I want. Just waiting for tax season... which is soon. Hooray! 

Questions? 

Nothing today. 

We'll be moving on NYE during the day so I'll probably be too exhausted to function much for any festivities. We'll probably just order out and rent movies and unpack since I doubt we'll be able to get the cable and Internet set up that day. 
  • @MsBeachNJ Thank you.  I just feel like everyday is something new that she has to complain about.  I would LOVE to be carrying our own LO if I could!
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• How far along are you:   14 weeks ...yay!!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:   I swear my bump has gotten smaller!!!! Plus my belly has been really tight at my belly button which creates this weird lumpy appearance.  So it makes me feel more fat then pregnant.  My boobs continue to grow though so that is awesome :smiley: 

What are you doing to get ready for baby?  We are just starting to look at furniture and fun stuff :)

Questions? 

I have no idea.  We might go over to a friends house and just hang out.  I wouldn't mind a night home with DH cuddled on the couch drinking sparking grape juice!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @Love4Labs326 my cousin's fiancee just found out she's expecting (she thinks she's 4 weeks along) and already she's talking about how sick she is and how lucky I am to have not gotten that sick and I'm just like... okay? She took an early detection test as she hasn't even missed her period yet and all of a sudden 20 minutes after the test she has uncontrollable nausea and is in the hospital. Possible? Sure. But keep in mind she also told me that her son literally got his foot lodged in between a pair of her ribs and shattered them when she was pregnant with him. I'm not sure if that is even possible. She's a bit of a drama queen and she thinks we're besties because we're both pregnant.

All of this is to say, I feel you on being over people's drama. I hope the OB switch ends up working out for you and your husband as best as it can, despite the inconvenience. 
  • @crdo - I almost bit it on the stairs the other day, but I'm glad you're okay!  I'm sure that everything is fine, but it's nice that you already have an appointment scheduled so that you can ask.  As for the grippy socks, I got some "cabin socks" for Christmas and they are THE BEST.  They are perfect for lounging around and making DH deal with the dogs since they're not shoes (just grippy dots on the bottom), so I can't go outside!  And apparently, not falling on the stairs!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @crdo so sorry to hear about your fall! I think you're right that you are probably fine, since you didn't fall on your belly. Still, not fun! Glad it wasn't worse, but I'm sure that those bumps and bruises were the last thing you needed. If you decided to call your doctor to mention the fall, I'm sure they could help ease your mind, too. Just a thought.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you: 16 weeks 2 days

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Got super nauseous last night! WTH 2nd trimester!?! Still have that shadow in my eye. :( Starting to REALLY feel baby and show, so that's cool!

What are you doing to get ready for baby? Not a darn thing.

Questions?
    GTKY: What are you doing New Years Eve? Nothing, but on New Year's Day we're going to visit family in Santa Barbara. (Not too shabby for Boonie.)
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How far along are you: 14+4

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Pelvic achiness and mild nausea on and off (still...) but that's it. Daily naps have been my new daily thing which may not work so well next week when I'm not visiting family...Otherwise, just waiting for my little mini bump to do much of anything.

What are you doing to get ready for baby? Not much

Going to a family party that we go to every year. It'll be weird being the only one not drinking but its good company so I can't complain too much.
  • @crdo I'm sorry about your fall. I had a scare the other day and have switched to no slip socks. I'm glad you have an appointment coming up.

@parsonsperson it sucks the cave is closed. I've had enough of this flooding. I hope you find something awesome to do.

How far along are you: 14+4

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Rant...I'm so tired of bedrest!! Rave...my boyfriend has been amazing and so helpful. Symptoms...RLP and headaches.

Doing a lot of online shopping and crib research.

Questions? None

GTKY: What are you doing New Years Eve? OR, on the off chance this has already been asked, what do you WISH you were doing New Years Eve? Watching football, oh the joys of dating a football coach. I'm hoping the games will be over in time to get to a party.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• Thanks @Kballew10, @parsonsperson, and @JonesBaby0624.

@Kballew10: Cabin socks sound perfect. Hello, online shopping. Glad they stopped your fall!

@parsonsperson: Yes, thankfully no belly contact. Good point, I may call tomorrow morning and just run the fall by a nurse to be sure. Trying not to worry, but you know how that's tough to do sometimes!

@JonesBaby0624: Glad you were able to avoid your fall!
  • How far along are you: 14+3

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I wake up with a pounding headache almost everyday but other than that I've just been really hungry! We're on vacation with my family in Gatlinburg, TN and the free wine samples everywhere are like torture!

What are you doing to get ready for baby? Not much until after the new year. We have some gender neutral clothes and the IL's got us a crib for Christmas but that's all we have so far

Questions?
    GTKY: What are you doing New Years Eve? We're hanging out in the cabin with my family. My little sister and I will be enjoying some sparking grape juice while the rest of them have some delicious alcoholic beverages!
  • How far along are you: 
    17w1d

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: 
    No real rants except that DH and  I spent WAY too much money when we were in Florida visiting my parents. I can definitely feel my uterus popping now - I was on the chubby side before I got pregnant, so I'm not sure what is actually bump and what is still fat when I look at my side view in a mirror. 

Announced to my rents over Christmas that we are having a little boy, and my mom already said we will be receiving things in the mail (Lord only knows exactly what she's sending). She's throwing me a baby shower in Florida in mid-February (only doing it this early because my DH won't let me travel after that - he's paranoid even though I'm not due until early June), so I'll probably start my registry in the next week or so. I'm massively intimidated by all the stuff I'll need.

A good friend of mine and her husband are coming over to our house for the night. I'm making a bunch of appetizers instead of a big dinner and we'll all probably watch football and play pool until the ball drops (if I can stay awake that long). I think I'm going to drag DH out on New Years Eve day to a few furniture stores that are having end of year clearances and see if I can find some good stuff
  • How far along are you: 13w 6d

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Had a midwife appointment today -- LO's heartbeat was around 140/145 and my blood pressure was good (100/80) (had a scare earlier in pregnancy with high blood pressure, so I'm always anxious about that). I didn't like this midwife as much as the one I saw a few weeks ago, but maybe because this was a shorter visit and I didn't have as many questions.

What are you doing to get ready for baby? I'm procrastination central so very little. Will probably kick things into gear around week 20. It's stupid but I'm worrying about jinxing things.

GTKY: What are you doing New Years Eve?  OR, on the off chance this has already been asked, what do you WISH you were doing New Years Eve? My husband always works on NYE (he's a Chef) so I'm used to staying home alone. I'll watch some old movies, have a bath. I should research some good mock-tail recipes to treat myself to. :) 

@ahernandez16 Good luck with your move. Moving is just the worst. I hate where we live now but I think I will suck it up for as long as possible because the idea of moving and packing makes me feel ill.

@crdo That's so scary about your fall. Hope you and baby are okay! I'm clumsy on my best day non-pregnant so I've bit the dust a few times over the past few weeks. I was carrying a glass jar a few weeks ago (with Christmas cookies in it -- on the way to a party) and tripped over my two feet and did an awkward somersault. Saved the jar (and cookies), didn't break anything and avoided any impact on my stomach. I felt like a superhero. Haha.

@WaitingMay14 I haven't had dizziness but I'm also trying to increase water intake. I think I drank more before I was pregnant, weirdly enough. It's a chore to keep hydrated.

• @catherinekate: Thanks! Wow, you've got some pretty impressive skills there--kept baby and the cookie jar safe!
  • How far along are you: 17w5d

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Rant: I cannot narrow down a travel system, ugh.  Rave: Daily flutters feel amazing!  Symptoms: STILL constipated.  I'm just going to assume this will last the entire pregnancy.

What are you doing to get ready for baby? The nursery is just about ready for painting.  Going to pick out our colors this weekend.  I also ordered the wall decals from etsy.

Questions? 
    GTKY: What are you doing New Years Eve?  OR, on the off chance this has already been asked, what do you WISH you were doing New Years Eve?  Dinner and family game night at my parents.  I so wish I could toast with champs but sparkling juice will have to do this year.
    Me: 29
    The Mr.: 31
    EDD: 6/2/16
    Furbabies: 3 rescue dogs
  • How far along are you: 18 weeks

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: heartburn is annoying. Definitely didn't start this early with DS

What are you doing to get ready for baby? Getting DS's new big boy room ready and then possibly painting the nursery and redecorating a little

Questions?
    GTKY: What are you doing New Years Eve? OR, on the off chance this has already been asked, what do you WISH you were doing New Years Eve? Going to a friend's house for a game night and some sparkling grape juice :) should be interesting seeing as how i couldn't stay up last year and go to bed between 9-10 every night!
    DS born 6/2/14 #2 due 5/31/16

• How far along are you:   15 weeks and 1 day!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:  I'm mostly feeling the RLP everyone else is feeling, and a headache here and there. My rant is just my mother in law being her usual horrible self. My brother in law and his wife just had their second child and she made a huge deal out of it when they told her they were expecting; she bought my BIL a t shirt that said "I Can't Keep Calm, I'm Going To Be A Daddy", even tho it was their second child, and she's done nothing at all for my husband having his first, she's been very uninterested in the whole thing.

What are you doing to get ready for baby?  We have purchased the paint for the nursery, we hired a contractor to some work around the house to make it baby safe and we've purchased our new washer and dryer, just waiting for delivery. We're going for an early scan next week at 16 weeks to hopefully find out if peanut is a boy or a girl!!!

Questions?  Anyone that's gotten a 3D scan early, was it very very clear what you were having? I don't want to make an announcement if it ends up being wrong!

We've been invited a couple places, but I think hubby and I are going to just stay in and play video games. I want to enjoy every quiet little evening we can before things change forever!