2nd Trimester
Options

Awkward Phase

Today I am 13w and I feel like I've entered an "awkward waiting phase" of pregnancy. I don't have ANY first tri symptoms (nausea, sore boobs, etc) but I'm not able to feel baby move yet. I look a little fluffy but im not yet showing. True life: sometimes I push out my stomach to make-believe I am- LOL!

Not to mention I had the staple end-of-1st-tri NT scan at 11w5d and won't have another u/s until 16w2d due to the holidays.

Any ideas/advice on how to fill the next few weeks of waiting, waiting, and more (impatiently) waiting? I'm tempted to buy a few baby things but then I stop myself because I'm irrationally superstitious...even though I think I'm mostly "in the clear" (knock on wood).

Basically just sitting here twiddling my thumbs (baby-wise) and trying to block out worry, unless y'all have any better ideas of how to use this time wisely!

Re: Awkward Phase

• Options
    Start researching all the stuff you will need to buy. I found that passed a lot of time. Lucies list is amazing. Also just read in general. Ina may's books are great and will start to prepare you mentally for childbirth. Good luck!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I started reading some pregnancy books, researched pediatricians, I also starting looking at everything I would need which help me start a preliminary registry. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That awkward stage was 12-16 weeks for me. Finally started to get a small bump around 17 weeks and it made me feel better for some reason
  • Options
    personally I would spend some mental energy on non-baby related things you can do with your SO and friends. If you get bad pregnancy related symptoms it's hard to really focus on anything else and I wish I could go back to a time where every movement and thought weren't baby related. I have to admit I'm speaking from a grumpy place but try to just enjoy each day as it's happening.

*Kate*

February 2016

• Options
    My "awkward" stage was around 11-15 or 16 weeks. Kind of showing, but not obviously pregnant! It was easier to pretend that I'd simply put on a bit of extra weight in my belly and wear looser shirts. I had 5 weeks between first hearing the heartbeat at 13 weeks and having my next appointment (AS) at 18, so I definitely had to distract and keep myself busy! I agree with PPs; read books, research baby-related things like car seats and strollers (those took me a lot longer than I thought, and at 25 weeks I'm still going back, re-researching, and making sure that I made a choice I'm happy with!), and just enjoy feeling great and having energy! While I think it's rather fun to be and feel quite pregnant, I get super excited on the days I feel almost normal and have lots of energy. Go out and have some fun. :)
  • Options
    I'm in an awkward phase at 17 weeks. I haven't "popped" so I just look kind of fat. You are lucky you didn't have a lot of symptoms--they ain't fun. I agree with PP who said to enjoy non-pregnancy stuff. I also got off of this site for about 3 weeks bc it made me too anxious, so I did actually start a registry last week and have been trying to figure out where I really stand on birth options. I too am superstitious and also have to wait another two weeks for an appt. I've got a heart doppler in my car that I'm too afraid to use and just trying to be cool. I think all of pregnancy is a waiting game, so we have to get used to it. Try and enjoy your time!
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • Options
    I did my registry during downtime, that filled a lot of time especially since I'm a FTM so I felt the need to research EVERYTHING before registering for it haha. Eta I'm litterally just getting out of the awkward phase and I'm 21 weeks haha.