February 2016 Moms

New Year's Eve plans?

What's everyone's NYE plans this week? I remember being bummed in my last pregnancy of everyone drinking their champagne and cocktails and not being able to join in.

We are staying in this year and making a "fancy" dinner of steak and lobster. Hopefully DS goes to sleep early and we might watch a movie. Bonus points if I make it till midnight to ring in the new year without falling asleep.
BabyFruit Ticker image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New Year's Eve plans?

• We're accompanying some friends to the Oregon coast for a couple nights with their 8 month old daughter. I'm sure it will be a chill evening but I'm happy to be doing something other than sitting at home "missing out" on the festivities.
  • We usually stay home and do our own thing. But this year my husbands co worker invited us to a New Year's Eve party. Also we can bring our kids, they are setting up games etc for all the kids coming as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm happy to say that we are staying home and watching the ball drop from the comfort of my sofa. I am in no mood to be out doing anything right now.

• Ha ha with a very active 15 month old at home i'm lucky to make it to 10pm and still be awake. H and I will probably rent a movie, order a pizza and say "maybe next year we'll go out." Then we'll pass out before midnight, but have fun ladies and stay safe
  • We are going to H's cousins house. They have kids. Our 17 mo old son will hopefully make it a while before I take him to my moms. I haven't seen the ball drop in the last 2 years - this will make 3 probably ... Pregnant 2013, 5 mo old 2014 and pregnant 2015.
  • Going downtown with a bunch of friends. Have dinner reservations, a hotel 1/2 mile from navy pier (even though we live 30 min train ride from the city) 34 weeks pregnant is not stopping me! I went out and got some incredibly comfortable new boots for walking (: im a nurse, im use to being on my feet and up all night lol
  • Sleep? Haha really though, h is on call and we aren't people who do much for partying anyways!
  • Staying home, like usual, and may have a few yummy snacks. I may or may not make it til the ball drops but I do enjoy watching the NY Rockin Eve. I'd rather be home, safe and warm with my family.
  • we aren't going to be doing anything, but that's the norm for us. We will probably watch a movie and snuggle on the couch, or more accurately we'll do that for 10 minutes until I'm uncomfortable and form my fortress of pillows.

*Kate*

February 2016

• DH and I are staying in to be lazy in our pajamas with the fire place going and watching the ball drop with our puppy. I'm going to try to make it till the ball drops! :) Happy Early New Year to everyone, our LO's will be here soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Staying home and ordering Chinese. DD loves Chinese but we hardly ever get it because of how bloated DH and I feel after, so DD is pretty excited. Then probably play some old maid, go fish, uno etc and go to bed. We don't have cable so we can't even attempt to watch the ball drop
  • We live in a pretty close knit neighborhood so a bunch of us usually get together for food, a bonfire, and the ball drop. This'll be our 3rd year doing it and it's always a blast.

Bonus? The trip home is only 3 houses down
  • We have no plans this year. Christmas was our last big outting before the twins because I just can't anymore. I'll be doing my best to stay up to midnight and hopefully playing some games with DH.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'll probably fall asleep on the couch around 9pm. ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I will more than likely pass out around 10 pm, and I really have no intentions of attempting to stay awake any longer than that, just to kiss my H and give him a hug and crawl into bed... no thanks, Im good!

View Full Size Image

Pregnancy Ticker

Losses:
     7/16/2014 @ 7 Weeks 2 days
     2/01/2015 @ 4 Weeks 4 days

• New Year's Eve is my birthday! Me , my husband and my family and friends are going to dinner and coming back to our house to play games. Not the most exciting 30th birthday but I can't imagine doing much more than that!
  • We're going to the Florida coast, sort of a babymoon! Headed down there now! They have fireworks at midnight.

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• I was looking forward to doing nothing but now my inlaws are coming to watch our toddler (and stay overnight) so we can go out. I don't want to be rude and tell the truth - that I just want to stay home alone!!
  • I have no plans. We'll probably try to stay up to watch the ball drop and then go to bed since we have to attend a funeral the next day.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • OU is playing in the college football playoffs y'all!!!! So we are doing a watch party for that game and Bama vs. Michigan State. Kind of glad that the po's fell on this evening because I can't imagine having to pretend I was having fun at someone's house whilst watching everyone else drink spirits :)
  • OU is playing in the college football playoffs y'all!!!! So we are doing a watch party for that game and Bama vs. Michigan State. Kind of glad that the po's fell on this evening because I can't imagine having to pretend I was having fun at someone's house whilst watching everyone else drink spirits :)
    Boomer Sooner! I wish the game wasn't so dang early!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • We're going up to the family cabin(more like log mansion). I'm sure some of DHs cousins will be there too with their kids. I usually lay in bed till 12 or 1am anyways so at least I'll have company
    We usually stay home anyways or go out till DDs bedtime
    I won't be watching the MSU vs Bama because I'm too superstitious.lol Every MSU game I don't watch they win! GO GREEN!
  • We're going up to the family cabin(more like log mansion). I'm sure some of DHs cousins will be there too with their kids. I usually lay in bed till 12 or 1am anyways so at least I'll have company
    I won't be watching the MSU vs Bama because I'm too superstitious.lol Every MSU game I don't watch they win! GO GREEN!
  • I'll be working the closing shift since it's one of the bars busiest nights (we call it "amature night" because of all the newly 21 year olds trying to party it up) But the good news is we serve prime rib that night so I'll be stuffing my face with the deliciousness!
  • I've offered up services to locals around my city for free pet care that night if anyone is too intoxicated to make it home. I've also offered my friends to come over and drink at my place (so I'm not bored) and said I'd drive them home. So far.. It looks like I'm sleeping.
  • baya5 said:

We're going up to the family cabin(more like log mansion). I'm sure some of DHs cousins will be there too with their kids. I usually lay in bed till 12 or 1am anyways so at least I'll have company

Yes! Go white! My SO is a bad luck charm so we always have him cheer for the opposite team. Guess he's a Bama fan this week. ;)
  • H and I are homebodies anyway, but he works both NYE and NYD, so knowing his industry, he won't be home until late anyway. I plan to have a date with my couch, big bowl of popcorn, and Netflix/Amazon Video/HBOGo

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • We got invited to a party to watch the football but at 35 weeks I can't think of anything worse lol. I'll be lucky to see the ball drop this year I think.
  • My mom got DH and I tickets to a Blues hockey game on NYE. DH is a huge fan (the games are fun for me, but I'm not super into hockey). It was a Christmas present for him, though. We may do a nice dinner somewhere downtown before the game, too. Going to try to grin and bear it for his sake, but I'm worried that being at a crowded hockey game surrounded by obnoxious drunk people will not be that fun for my 35 week pregnant self...we'll see though!
  • I haven't seen past 10:30 in a few weeks now, so I don't think I'll be able to stay awake.  We were invited out, but think we'll pass this year.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We are MOVING!!! The movers came and packed all our stuff today, they come check out our house for damages at 9am tomorrow, and then we spend the rest of the day tomorrow driving from TX to FL. :)
    Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
    BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• I work all day and plan to be in bed by 10pm. I haven't voluntarily seen midnight roll around in ~3 years, and I sure as hell am not starting now! ;)

We usually go to the coast over New Yeara, but this year we're going the weekend after, which is fine with me.

• thisusernamethisusername member
    edited December 2015
    bookqueen said:

We are MOVING!!! The movers came and packed all our stuff today, they come check out our house for damages at 9am tomorrow, and then we spend the rest of the day tomorrow driving from TX to FL. :)

Good luck and I hope you have a safe quick drive!
  • @suteki325 I went to a football game at 29 weeks and had a great time! :)

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• @egraves4 That gives me hope! Lol I'm sure I'll have fun once we get to the game. I hope so at least!
  • I typically stay up pretty late, so I'll probably be up to bring in the new year.  However, more than likely, I"ll be doing it alone and in my pjs! Hubby is a cop and will be working.  We are having supper with my in-laws, but I've got a 2 yr old, so we won't be out late, not to mention I don't feel much like being out all night.  Dunno about all of you, but I've already hit miserable stage.
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • I typically stay up pretty late, so I'll probably be up to bring in the new year.  However, more than likely, I"ll be doing it alone and in my pjs! Hubby is a cop and will be working.  We are having supper with my in-laws, but I've got a 2 yr old, so we won't be out late, not to mention I don't feel much like being out all night.  Dunno about all of you, but I've already hit miserable stage.

Thank you to your husband for all he does! I hope he has a safe and easy night!

My DH is also a LEO and works the midnight shift. Fortunately he has NYE off this year and won't have to deal with all the domestic calls and DUIs. I will say a prayer for your DH and his safety!

• Our little town puts on a small party, with a live band (a good one)! Appetizers, drinks (obviously not me), card games. We will go for a bit. Then the 1-3 we are heading to priest lake, Idaho to snowmobile (again, not me). Lol. So, I'll bring some books and movies and hope to enjoy that time there while the husband and family go ride. Lots of good food to be had!!(: My husband and I have been going since 2006 (when we first started dating) so I'm excited to go one last time since I doubt we will be taking baby girl there next year.