November 2015 Moms
Options

Leaking Thru Diaper In Crib

Ok this may sound dumb, but DH and I were talking about transitioning LO into his crib and I thought to myself-what do I do if LO leaks thru his diaper at night. The last thing I want to do at 4am is strip a crib of its sheet and mattress protector and re-make the bed. Any advice?

Re: Leaking Thru Diaper In Crib

• Options
    We layer his crib sheets and mattress pads. That way if there is any leaks we can pull off the first layer and put him back down without remaking the bed. He isn't sleeping in his crib yet, so we haven't tried it out yet though.
  • Options
    If you're super concerned about it you can always double layer the mattress. Mattress protector, sheet, mattress protector, sheet. That way if need be, you can just strip the top sheet and mattress protector and you're good to go.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Or double up on the diaper. The 2nd diaper may need to be one size bigger.
    If your diapers are leaking that often, you may want to try another brand.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    smnewbysmnewby member
    edited December 2015
    We use sheet savers/protecters. You can get them at babies r us for about $10.00. They go over sheets and tie to the crib posts. Easy to remove in the dark
  • Options
    Maybe layer mattress protector, sheet, disposable pad, sheet on top. Assuming your baby stays in one spot in the crib.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Since I've put him in size 1's I don't get as many leaks. But I know leaks and blow outs are bound to happen and wanted to have a plan in place before it was 4am and LO leaked all over his bed.
  • Options
    I got these easy zip off sheets for the crib. We're not transitioning to the crib for a while due to what I've read about sids prevention, but they seem easy to remove. I got them on Amazon.