May 2016 Moms
Options

17 weeks and baby very low

Hello. Just wanted to see if anyone has ever gone thru this. I had a check up today and first off we couldnt find the babies heart beat. SCARY. So the doctor did an ultra sound and we found baby and beating heart : ) Baby is sitting very low and DR. said that could be why he didnt pick up a heart beat without the ultra sound. Anyone experience this? I was very concerned but that Dr. did not seem to be after U/S. 

Thanks!

Re: 17 weeks and baby very low

• Options
    I wouldn't worry. I carried DS very, very low (when he dropped further around 36 weeks, I was hitting my bump with my thighs when I walked!) He was still full term, and my doctor was amused, but not worried. As long as your cervix is fine, it really doesn't matter where the baby is sitting. On the bright side, you may be able to avoid feet in the ribcage as baby gets bigger if he/she stays low.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Babies can still be very low at this point.  I'm 19w4d and today at my ultrasound the baby wasn't even halfway between my pubic bone and belly button.
  • Options
    I had the same thing happen at my last doctors appt. I tried not to freak out when they couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. It was a long 30 minute wait for the ultrasound. I have a lot of abdominal fat which I'm sure doesn't help any. But I'm already not looking forward to my Jan appt. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I'm 21 weeks and my baby is basically chilling in birth position right on top of my cervix. They just told me as long as my cervix is closed baby can hang out wherever he wants. I take it as a blessing- with baby so low it's an easy out for me to tell people they can't feel the bump for baby's kicks!