February 2016 Moms

How is everyone feeling in the 3rd Trimester? Symptoms/Emotions?

MrsAguirre117MrsAguirre117 member
edited December 2015 in February 2016 Moms
Hi everyone,

I can't believe we are all weeks away from welcoming babies into this world. Kind of cool to think we're all in this together! We are very lucky.

How is everyone feeling now that it's the end?

I'm 34 weeks this Wednesday. My symptoms have been mostly pelvic pain/pressure, hard time getting out of bed, my tailbone and back hurt if I try to do too much in a day and I have random boughts of having a hard time breathing. Emotionally, I'm getting nervous about labor as a FTM and really hoping to not have PPD but I'm super excited to meet our firstborn. I'm also super excited to be able to have sushi, coffee and deli sandwiches again as well as sleeping on my stomach!! :)
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: How is everyone feeling in the 3rd Trimester? Symptoms/Emotions?

• If I do more than 20 mins of anything (making dinner, vacuuming, walking outside etc) I get very strong BH and end up laying down to try and ease them off. Not sleeping much due to insomnia and have thrown up every day this week despite being on medication to stop it.
    I am most def in the camp of done being pregnant! Back to work on the 4th and on countdown to induction day on Feb 1!
  • If I do more than 20 mins of anything (making dinner, vacuuming, walking outside etc) I get very strong BH and end up laying down to try and ease them off. Not sleeping much due to insomnia and have thrown up every day this week despite being on medication to stop it. I am most def in the camp of done being pregnant! Back to work on the 4th and on countdown to induction day on Feb 1!

Oh man! @Aussiechicka that is super rough. Hang in there dear. Happy you're at least off until the 4th. Enjoy your time off. Hope you feel better and are able to get some napping done.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd call it normal 3rd trimester aches and pains.  I'm definitely starting to slow down which is good and bad.  Now that Christmas is over i'm going into nesting craziness.  I've also been having a ton of BH, and i just keep telling myself that my body is "preparing" for the big day.  this is my 3rd so i'm just hoping that things go well and that I don't have to have a c/s.  If i have to i have to but this is my last so lets get this one out the same way as the others!
    My Baby Penguins
    DD1: 9/19/11
    DS: 1/1/14
    DD2: 1/31/16

• thisusernamethisusername member
    edited December 2015
    I've been so hormonal lately it's terrible. My kitten is getting fixed right now and I keep crying about it.
    I went to physical therapy today and got officially cleared and then I cried about that.
    Before pregnancy I never cried.
    Morning sickness has also made a Vicious comeback.
    I'm mostly eager, this is my first and every time I see her stuff I get SO antsy! Hurry up baby!!
    Edited to update: I've cried hysterically about 7 times since I brought Arwen home from the vet. I feel like a monster for doing this to her! She's currently sleeping in her bed which I have curled around. She loves the baby so I made sure she could reach my belly and she's got one of the baby's towels as a blanket. (Easier to wash)

If this is the future then this last month is going to be LONG.
  • I am due on Feb 4th with my first baby. I am getting very excited but also so very very nervous about all the unexpected. A friend of mine said that she thinks I have about 4 weeks left looking at pictures of me. I honestly have no guesses as to whether I will make it full term. I dont know if I am having BH yet... lol I cant tell. I have back pain if I do a lot of bending up and down. I have some hip pain but im thinking it is just from only being able to sleep on my sides. I still feel like she is really high ( above my belly button ) she moves a lot. I love it but it kinna hurts sometimes. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm just very tired. I've had a bad cold/sinus infection for about a week now and it's been making me miserable. I'm trying to stay on top of things around the house since I'm home now, but I swear DH snacks so much after I go to bed that the dish or two I may have left in the sink the night before seems to turn into a whole sinkfull by morning. I'm also struggling to unload the washing machine because my belly is in the way so the chores and such aren't going well. DH has been great about helping me with heavy things and my need to nest. I think he's a little more worried this time around.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The pubic bone pain is like nothing I've experienced in my previous pregnancies. It hurts so much and I just want to fast forward to getting this baby OUT.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Feeling healthy and looking forward to having the baby! I'm simultaneously pumped and super scared about the labor itself. I mean, it's a frightening unknown as a FTM, but I have been missing long distance running and kind of equate labor with a marathon in my head.

Annoying symptoms include slight cramping when I walk too fast or far. Feeling out of breath. Trouble bending over. Running out of clothes that fit. Weird and uncomfortable sensations near my bellybutton and vagina when the boy gets hyper. Swelling feet. Back pain by the end of the day. But all of these seem like minor complaints to me. They're pretty manageable.

I'm worried about our bathroom renovation (starts Monday the 4th) and hope it's done in time. I've also got lots of organizing left to do and still have things to purchase (baby bath, stroller, car seat, newborn clothes) Kind of stressful. But my maternity leave starts January 20th, so hopefully I'll still be in good enough shape to get those last-minute details taken care of.
  • The thing is this is my third full pregnancy and I always forget that I hate the last few weeks of pregnancy. I can never get comfortable and my brain is on overload with all things that I still have todo. Oh and forget watching movies right now we watched Armageddon last night and I spent 20 minutes crying because I remembered how it ended. Needless to say I didn't finish the movie. Oh and if H asks if the damn cosleeper is a freakin pack n play one more time I might end up on the news "pregnant woman maims husband in disputed over cosleeper". Yep good times! I do however love being pregnant I just can't believe it is almost over.
  • I'm 34 weeks today with baby #4. I feel great honestly! I'm enjoying pregnancy but have a feeling these last weeks are going to go by very slow.
  • I'll be 35 weeks on Wednesday, due Feb 3rd. I am in shock that we're almost to the end already. I really do feel like the months just flew by! Although everyone tells me that the last month feels the longest. Symptom-wise, I'm a hormonal mess. I cry at least once per day, over the silliest things - a sappy commercial, a movie, DH making some random comment that I take the wrong way.

I'm also feeling extremely stressed over the need to have everything done and ready before the baby comes. But really it's just me being crazy because literally the only thing left to finish for the nursery is a mural that my best friend is painting. It's frustrating because she's kind of dragging her feet with it, and we can't really finish putting the room together until she's done (the mural takes up a whole wall). So hopefully she finishes it soon.

I'm doing okay pain-wise -only complaint is lower back and hip pain. Insomnia is also killing me, but I think that's largely due to anxiety over everything keeping me awake!
  • I'll be 35 weeks on Wednesday and am a STM. 

I'm having issues with heartburn that makes me throw up in my mouth (sorry, TMI) and wakes me up at night.  I'm also having some back and rib pain and am growing out of my maternity clothes. My baby must be having growth spurts in there because I have days where my stomach feels so stretched out and itchy that I can't stand to wear clothes (which presents a problem at the office).

Emotionally, I'm excited but also a little nervous.  I'm a big time preparer and so I'm nervous that I won't be ready when the baby decides to come or that I won't be able to have the VBAC that I'm mentally preparing for.  I'm really excited to meet my little girl, though, and super excited for my maternity leave to start so I can have time to bond with her (my toddler will continue to go to daycare during the day so we don't mess up his routine or lose his slot). 

I'm also excited to go back to the mommy group that I attended when I was on maternity leave with my son and to introduce my baby girl to her baby girl cousin who is being born via C-section tomorrow and her other baby girl cousin who is 3 months old.  I'm sure they'll grow up as friends, being so close in age.

I'm also bummed that this pregnancy is almost over because it's my last one :(

• I too am having super strong pubic bone pain. It's starting to really affect my mood at work and I am trying to just deal with it but am seeing myself really loose patience fast because i'm in constant pain. I emailed my doctor and am waiting for a reply, but is there anything we can do about this pain to ease it??
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• The pubic bone pain is like nothing I've experienced in my previous pregnancies. It hurts so much and I just want to fast forward to getting this baby OUT.

I'm with you @MississippiCatfish! It's really uncomfortable. Did you have girls previously and not experience this type of pain before? I'm curious cause this is my first pregnancy and it's with a boy so I wonder if maybe carrying a girl (since most people carry girls higher) that it doesn't hurt as bad.
  • 32 weeks FTM! 3rd trimester has been the best finally stopped throwing up! Been seeing a chiropractor for my back and it has helped a lot! Biggest complaint is my feet and kidney hurting! (Kidney disease) just bracing myself for all the next appt NST twice a week, OB every 2 weeks and HR every 2 weeks! Should keep me busy for the next 7 weeks!!

@thisusername my kitty went to get fixed also and I cried it was like leaving my baby!! He was happy to see me when I picked him up!!
  • I feel pretty good!  I've been lucky to have a pretty easy pregnancy overall. I had some really bad heartburn but got some drugs from OB and that really helped.  I do feel super full from eating even small meals and uncomfortable from that.  

I'm nervous about the whole labor/delivery thing but otherwise feeling excited :) I'm happy the holidays are over so I can focus on finishing up baby stuff - finishing the decor for the nursery walls, filling the freezer (already have a lot prepared!), assembling swing/pack n play/etc.  Overall, I'm feeling great. :smiley: 
  • ShatzegirlShatzegirl member
    edited December 2015
    I'm 33 weeks and my biggest complaint are my damn hips hurting all.night.long for months. I can't take much more and will be so glad to be done with that! I get easily winded nowadays, too. Chopping an apple made me feel breathless the other day, ugh!

I sure love feeling her kicks and movement, though. I'm getting so excited to meet her. I'm hoping my labor goes as smoothly as my first. I'm a little nervous that it won't but that's a normal fear, right?

Edit: spelling
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 32 weeks FTM! 3rd trimester has been the best finally stopped throwing up! Been seeing a chiropractor for my back and it has helped a lot! Biggest complaint is my feet and kidney hurting! (Kidney disease) just bracing myself for all the next appt NST twice a week, OB every 2 weeks and HR every 2 weeks! Should keep me busy for the next 7 weeks!!

@thisusername my kitty went to get fixed also and I cried it was like leaving my baby!! He was happy to see me when I picked him up!!

As soon as I walked out of the office I started bawling my eyes out. It was horrible! She's home right now and we took a ton of blankets and towels and converted the pack and play to a cats rest place. She's snuggled up in there now and it's kind of endearing.
  • SarahS06SarahS06 member
    edited December 2015
    The pubic bone pain is like nothing I've experienced in my previous pregnancies. It hurts so much and I just want to fast forward to getting this baby OUT.
    I'm having the same problem and am luck enough to work with a physical therapist. She noticed my new waddle and asked about it. She suggested some exercises which seem to be helping. They are basic abduction/adduction exercises - might be worth looking into. Either way, I hope you and @MrsAguirre117 find some relief!

I'm starting to get into the really uncomfortable stage of the third trimester - aches, swelling, fatigue. Half of the tip of my ring finger has gone numb, which my md says is from the swelling. 36 more days!

Edit because word are hard. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm glad others are experiencing crotch pain! It's so weird and makes me walk with a strange limp/waddle. Hips ache and trouble sleeping. I get winded at really weird times. Otherwise, I'm loving little girl's kicks and rolls.
  • The heartburn is slowly killing me and my hips and low back hurt so bad at night I have such a hard time sleeping. This baby is sitting soooo low so it constantly feels like she is about to fall out and the pressure on my crotch is not at all comfortable. With my first I felt perfect right up to the day I delivered. This time, not so much!! Emotionally I've been doing great but lately the guilt it setting in that DD won't be getting 100% of my attention anymore and it's really bothering me for some reason. I think I felt the same way about the dog last time haha!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So many Braxton hicks contractions! I did not have them with my first (at least not that I knew of). What's messing with my mind is that I delivered my son early when my water broke at 36.5 weeks. So I could have like 3 more weeks to go ... or 8 more weeks (midwife will let me go to 42)... Or somewhere in between. That feels like a huge spread of time! I have so much to do to get ready but I can see getting tired of being pregnant in the near future and I never felt like that with my first.
  • Honestly I feel like a whale lol. Even though people tell me I'm not. I really don't know how I'm going to make the next 6 weeks. Last time the doctor told me I was like Fort Knox down there(closed and thick). So I'm pretty sure nothing is happening soon lol
    Symptoms :
    heartburn/reflux at night
    Terrible pubic, hip, and tailbone pain, especially at night
    Exhaustion
    Stuffy nose
    Swelling
    Peeing
    Bruised ribs
    Extremly irritable especially if it involves MIL
    Positives:
    My nesting has clicked in. I already put away all the Christmas stuff!!
    I get to see baby boy tomorrow!!

I'm with you @MississippiCatfish! It's really uncomfortable. Did you have girls previously and not experience this type of pain before? I'm curious cause this is my first pregnancy and it's with a boy so I wonder if maybe carrying a girl (since most people carry girls higher) that it doesn't hurt as bad.

Nope, this is my third boy. Every pregnancy has been different, but this is my first awful third trimester. I'm going to try the chiropractor next week and if that doesn't help, maybe I'll look into a PT referral - thanks @sarahs06
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Continuing SPD and tiny stomach and getting winded from everything. I ate too much for dinner tonight so of course threw it up. Maybe a blessing if it makes my stomach hurt less. And sleep, ha! Every time my husband whines about lack of sleep I just laser glare him.
  • I feel soooo big! I started this pregnancy 10 pounds heavier than I did with my first so I am wondering if that has something to do with it or I just have a mental block from DS. Also LOTS of heartburn and fatigue. I can't do more than 1 thing at a time without taking a big break. Doing the dishes is killer on my back because I have to bend to reach the water.

• NickgasNickgas member
    edited December 2015
    I'm feeling pretty good besides the tight belly from BH from time to time. This is baby boy #1 @ 35 weeks. I'm sleeping a little better than before. I find myself walking up extremely hungry though. I just usually grab and orgain protein shake then go back to sleep. It's funny that he has gained weight but I'm losing weight. Right now he has turned again side to side and no longer head first. I got to get him back in postion! Wish me luck. 5 weeks to go. Happy New Year Haute Moms!
  • I feel like I've turned into a major negative nelly. It just seems like everything is miserable- top  of my list of things that are bothering me

*I developed pregnancy induced asthma in my second tri and it seems like it's flaring up again.

*Sinus and congestion issues.

*the return of vomiting

*hip pain

I'm a FTM so I have nothing to compare it to, but the whole pregnancy has sucked. I think my attitude shifted though and I'm having trouble getting back to a good place. I'll say THAT's the top of my list of things that are bothering me- my attitude

*Kate*

February 2016

• Im only 32 weeks and so uncomfy already. Leg cramps at night are out of control regardless of what I do. I walk to the bathroom and I'm breathing like I ran a marathon. Plus stomach pains(I guess growing pains) are awful. 8 more weeks I canttttt :/
  • MrsSmithA said:
    ...I'm happy the holidays are over so I can focus on finishing up baby stuff ...

This!

Now that the holidays are over, I'm finally getting around to starting to pack my hospital bag (I'm 35 weeks tomorrow and had my son at 36 weeks, so I want to be prepared). 

This week, my goal is to finish packing my hospital bag and pack my toddler son's bag for when he goes to stay with his grandparents when I go into labor. 

Next on the list will be putting up the nursery wall decal over her crib.  That's less important though and can wait until after she's born if it has to.

(I sound so ambitious now, but when it comes to the end of the day and my son is in bed and I actually have time to do these things, I'm usually exhausted and end up plopping myself on the couch instead.)

• Achae said:
    ...Every time my husband whines about lack of sleep I just laser glare him.

This.

When my husband complained this morning about his rough night of sleep, I wanted to scream at him: "Really?! Were you up every 2 hours jolting up in bed and running to the bathroom because you were throwing up in your mouth from heartburn?  No. Well, I guess you slept OK then!"

• mamacastromamacastro member
    edited December 2015
    I am 32 weeks tomorrow and doc said in the beginning i'll probably deliver around 37 wks due to history of preclampsia so having a baby possibly in five weeks is starting to scare me. We have a 15 month old and I am terrified of having 2U2. The last few weeks I have hardly been able to do anything from being so tired but now all of a sudden this week i've got a second wind and the nesting has started. Just started clearing/cleaning out bedrooms yesterday

*Edit for spelling
  • I'm 33 weeks, having a c-section 6 weeks from today!  My baby shower is the 9th, and I'm so ready for it to get here so that I can finish getting everything I need for baby.  I'm glad that Christmas is over also, so that I can focus on baby.  Not really packing a hospital bag since I know when I'm having baby.

As for symptoms:
    • I've developed anemia in 2nd tri, and I'm taking iron daily.  However, some days, the iron pill just doesnt cut it.  I get out of breath and exhausted due to the anemia.
    • Extremely uncomfortable already too.  Sitting in our wood chairs at the dining room table is the worst!  2nd to that is laying in bed.  I've already slept on the couch a couple nights, which, with my first, I only slept on the couch the last two weeks.
    • My body has changed a ton!  I've only gained 23 lbs total, but I've gone from a 32A to a 36B bra size in 2nd tri and I feel like I need a larger bra now again.  Who knows how big I'll be once I start nursing.  I also have gone up a size in panties and pants.  So frustrating!  I can't wear any of my pants from first pregnancy, they are all too small.
    • I feel like the entire inside of my belly is a giant bruise from constant kicking and rolling around.  He stretches and pushes and it hurts really bad!
    Overall, I'm just ready to be done. This whole pregnancy has been miserable.  
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • @Cheryl Renee
    Ugh, the anemia thing all the way. My iron pills have started making me uncontrollably vomit so I only take them once a day, I just can't handle throwing up like that again. I spend a good 90% of my time desperately trying to wake myself up.
  • I feel so lucky that I've had such an easy pregnancy. However, I've had groin pain since 22 weeks that has gotten worse and has started to swell so they want me to get an ultrasound for it? Not looking forward to that...

Emotionally I am just excited and am ready to meet her, and I am ready to finish the nursery and everything. We're getting there.

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• @Cheryl Renee Ugh, the anemia thing all the way. My iron pills have started making me uncontrollably vomit so I only take them once a day, I just can't handle throwing up like that again. I spend a good 90% of my time desperately trying to wake myself up.
    This is me as well with my iron pill. Doc said to just take it once a day if I can. It's hard to do knowing I'm going to be sick right away.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 33 weeks with #2 im in pain all the time as well from my tail bone which i didnt have with my first. When she moves it hurts my lady bitts. I feel like she is gonna break my water. I have bad insomn. Its not good when u have a 2 year old that is an early bird lol. I have bad pelvic pain on only my left side. Im just ready to pop her put and have a beer after this pregnancy lol jk