May 2016 Moms

Father not in the picture....

The father of my baby and are no longer together. I am wondering if there are other women on here in the same independent position. I am not looking for condolences from others just a few women to talk to who will understand. Maybe share some frustrations, concerns or fears, as to not feel quite so solitary. Thank you.

Re: Father not in the picture....

• I'm still with the father of my baby but I was raised by a single mother after years of abuse them helped my mom raise my brother when his dad passed away. Big tip is to have a good support system within your family
  • I was a single mom for years. Pretty much since my daughter was born. But we officially got a divorce before she was 2. It was the hardest thing I went through. But it made me stronger and we're all much happier now. It was the best thing for the 3 of us. What helped me was divorcecare.org. It was a support group and it helped a lot. Being able to talk to people going through the same thing as you. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Good luck to you and your baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am also alone in my pregnancy, I was in a fairly long relationship with the baby's father and when he found out, he left. It's really hard to cope with all of the anxiety of having to do it alone and having no one to share the very happy moments with. Glad to hear I'm not the only one though
  • Just making sure you know the Bump has a single parent community board too. Not sure how active it is, but it might be a great source of support.