January 2016 Moms

Sexy Elephant feet

Who's got the sexy elephant feet?
My dad referred to my feet as elephant feet the other day, the name kinda stuck. Also, my dad is SO great with words isn't he?

My feet even with not swelling feel bruised... My poor poor swollen elephants... I used to think I had cute feet :-/

Re: Sexy Elephant feet

• Totally rockin the elephant feet with you today.
  • I think the sad part is my feet aren't as swollen as they usually are today.

Your feet look normal!
  • Loading the player...
  • Believe it or not, but this actually looks good compared to yesterday. I couldn't even lift up my toes on either foot yesterday because of how swollen they were :disappointed:

• This was back in June!! I've been swollen almost the entire 9 months! Thankfully bedrest helped them deflate the last 2 months, at least a little.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married 11/24/13
    DD1 born 12/24/15
    TTC #2 Aug. 16
    BFP for #2 11/22/16

Aug17 December Siggy Challenge: Funny Pics of Kids Afraid of Santa

• Oh bless it!
    It's become a daily ritual for SO to check my feet when he leaves and comes home from work... I can usually tell when they are huge...
    I've given up on any shoes other than flip flops... Even my bedroom slippers get too tight...

Team swollen feet!
  • @carlyhammond my feet are naturally really tiny and skinny. NOT cute. Very boney. :s
  • My issue is not my feet. It's my fingers and hands.
  • I gave up on real shoes a long time ago! I've been rocking some nice slippers my husband got for me so I didn't have to buy new shoes for my disgusting feet. Yesterday I thought my foot could have actually exploded from how tight and painful the swelling was. I can't wait to wear my shoes again :(
  • After working a double on my feet yesterday from 8:30am-11:30pm. My DH was pretty freaked out, it was the first time they've ever swelled up like this!

• When my feet/ankles swell I can push "dimples" into them with my thumb and they stay that way for half an hour. It makes me feel like I'm made out of play-do or something. So creepy. :(

But this too shall pass! Just prop those puppies up and take it easy when we can!
  • I love the thread. I'm too lazy to take & post a picture, but I definitely have elephant feet too!! It's getting worse every day and definitely contributing to my laziness/not wanting to get up and do anything.
  • Your feet are still cute. After baby, you could do feet modeling.
  • Seriously gals, get some compression stockings! They are the bomb! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • For ladies that haven't been doing prenatal yoga, I highly recommend doing this to help with the swelling. It really really helps:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2UrHSo9Pdk

• My feet are just now starting to swell throughout the day. Huge difference from the last time. But I've been using the compression stockings regularly. They are AWESOME! Anyway, I baked cookies for 10 hours the other day and holy moly they were big. I got home, put my stockings on and went to bed. They still weren't right the next day.

• After less than 3 hours of wearing shoes and being on my feet... ouch. And, pedicure please!
  • My ankles are nonexistent!! And all those creases are new, too!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • Awww!!
    I just wanna give everyone a foot massage for Christmas! -in a non creepy way lol-
    My feet are in pain today my bedroom slippers are leaving creases in my feet :(

• Drink lots of water!! I had horrible swelling with my first!!! My husband would poke them and it would stay. Soaking my legs at night, and drinking lots of water helped a bit. Just do not take water pills during pregnancy or after if breastfeeding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It is 75 degrees here in the Philly area when it is normally in the 40s this time of year. My feet and kankles are NOT happy about it.
  • Just joined this club tonight! Only (semi) relief I've gotten is elevating my feet. Chugging water didn't do anything...yet :/

• I showed my best friend and she was like omg, where did your ankles go? Lol but that's the struggle of working 9 hours Christmas Eve and seeing family all day on Christmas. I was a little worried that one was bigger than the other cuz I think I remember reading about something like that. But this morning I have ankles again at least. My feet are still swollen but there's ankles down there lol
  • One leg bigger than another can be a blood clot, but they are usually warm and slightly red too; but also, depending on how your little one is situated in your belly, they might be blocking venous/lymph flow more from one leg or another (that happens to me, she likes my right side). If they went down with elevation, that's a good sign.

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• kvacmak said:

Seriously gals, get some compression stockings! They are the bomb! 

I second this! Even light compression is helpful. I have a white medium compression pair that I wear at home and a black light compression pair that I wear out with my flats.
    Married March 19, 2011
    TTC off and on 04/14
    BFP 06/13/14 MC 06/15/14
    BFP 12/14/14
    1st Appt 01/13/2015
    M/C 1/19/15 D&C 1/20/15
    BFP 5/13/15
    1st Appt 06/10/2015 Peanut has HB 150
    A/S 09/02/15 It's a Girl!! Low placenta, but everything else great!

IAmPregnant Ticker

• My dad said my feet looked huge but he got me a doctor scholls foot massager slipper thing and is actually helping.
  • MammaDoc said:

One leg bigger than another can be a blood clot, but they are usually warm and slightly red too; but also, depending on how your little one is situated in your belly, they might be blocking venous/lymph flow more from one leg or another (that happens to me, she likes my right side). If they went down with elevation, that's a good sign.

My left will be slightly larger when I swell due to his position. I still look for signs of a clot like you mention though. Swelling freaks me out. I've been very lucky so far with only a few days.

I hope you ladies find relief!!
  • Can I just say I'm impressed it looks like you all are keeping up with shaving? lol! I gave that up forever ago and don't feel bad about it. :|

• Y'all, this is three days post partum. If my feet get any bigger they might explode.
  • hes8668 said:

Can I just say I'm impressed it looks like you all are keeping up with shaving? lol! I gave that up forever ago and don't feel bad about it. :|

Precisely why I didn't have a picture of my own to share! Glad I'm not the only one! I'm just so glad it's winter. Maternity jeans to the rescue, haha!

But I tried. Oh how I tried. I decided "fuzzy all over" was preferable to "patches of smooth marked by crime scene splatters of blood!" ...but I'm clumsy even without the bump, so. :smiley: