May 2016 Moms
Options

What did Santa bring you?

I love hearing what everyone got.. So tell me about your loot!

DH got me a sleep pillow, and I slept straight through the night for the first time in a week and a half! He also got me nursing pjs but I can barely squeeze my boobs in there now, let alone when I'm nursing so I'll need to exchange them.

Going shopping today. He said he wants to get me something else. I think I'm going to let him get my the maranda Lee diaper bag I've been eyeing.

cat fail animated GIF

Re: What did Santa bring you?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @yogahh my husband bought me the snoogle, and when I took it out I hated it! I felt like it was suffocating me. Which one did you get? I don't know if it's something I'll grow into, or if I should take it back! $65 bucks seems like a lot of money for a pillow I'm not sure about!!!
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    I got a new necklace, Sephora gift card, a James Brown record, and a Taco Bell gift card. Love those burrito Supremes!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    kbrands7 said:

I received emerald earrings, the Harry Potter bluray set, brown boots, a scarf, and a dust vac from DH. Santa brought the family pjs and playing-in-the-snow gear-- now we just need to get snow this year! My parents went way overboard for us this year. They gave DS lots of (probably too many) toys, and gave us a zoo membership and a Keurig!

Picture of the earrings please!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I got a laptop, a mini fridge, a chair massager, and spoons. My husband knows I like practical gifts, but I don't exactly need any of these things. The poor guy put in a lot of effort and I feel like a Scrooge for not being more excited about them.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@yogahh my husband bought me the snoogle, and when I took it out I hated it! I felt like it was suffocating me. Which one did you get? I don't know if it's something I'll grow into, or if I should take it back! $65 bucks seems like a lot of money for a pillow I'm not sure about!!!

It's the sleeper keeper. 5 positions. Was like $40 at walmart

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    kbrands7 said:

yogahh said:

kbrands7 said:

I received emerald earrings, the Harry Potter bluray set, brown boots, a scarf, and a dust vac from DH. Santa brought the family pjs and playing-in-the-snow gear-- now we just need to get snow this year! My parents went way overboard for us this year. They gave DS lots of (probably too many) toys, and gave us a zoo membership and a Keurig!

Picture of the earrings please!
    The picture doesn't quite do the color justice, it's richer/deeper. He went with polished/faceted rough cut, which I love because then they're casual enough for daily wear. Plus, I love the subtle graining.
    Love! Your hubby won the gift award!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    DH surprised me with an Ethiopian opal ring, DS birthstone! His dad is a jeweler (aka worldwide gem hunter) and bought and had the stone cut in India, then DH had the stone set by his sisters goldsmith. He's not usually a big sentimental gift giver so I'm all googly eyed!
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    DH got me a body pillow, some yummy snacks, some vinylmations (little figures I collect for people who don't know), Star Wars coffee cup, and tickets to see Star Wars tomorrow. Plus as a last minute thing were probably going to Disney one last time before our passes expire and I think he made a meal reservation, plus he said he wants to buy something for baby which he's super excited about. I said if we happen to agree on a name before we go we can buy it it's first mouse ear hat with its name on it. I have a feeling he's going to splurge a little bit. :)

From other people I also got some maternity leggings and tops, amazingly comfy massaging slippers, a really cute 'We're expecting' ornament, bath stuff, a homemade quilt, an oil burner, new homemade placemats for the dining room table, and the big one which is MIL will be buying the new wood floor for LO's room and my dad will be putting it in for us.

I also think baby got more presents than we did. Toys, blankets, towels, etc. Lol.

We got spoiled this year.
  • Options
    I got a Phillips wake-up light alarm clock. I'm so excited to try it out, since getting up in the morning is the bane of my existence. Mom also got this Souther Salazar print framed for me:

Tried to tell me she thought it could go in the nursery. I see how it totally could be a nursery picture, but I love it too much for myself! Hanging it in the front room.
  • Options
    DH got me a foot spa, which will be very nice when my feet are all swollen! My in-laws sent gift cards and chocolates (they're overseas so difficult for them to mail big gifts), and my family sent a ninja blender and some serving dishes. Was a nice Xmas :smile:
  • Options
    ScottwswifeScottwswife member
    edited December 2015
    In laws got me the skip hop diaper bag I wanted, and lavished gifts on DS. Hubby's sister got me the running shoes I needed and got hubs a new dress shirt and tie for work, which he needed badly. Little sister got new baby and DS matching little hipster outfits, and my mom got me the running shirt I've been drooling over and a new, desperately needed set of mixing bowls. We feel so blessed to have family who gifts this well when they can afford to... Especially when we are strapped for cash with new baby coming and missing a week of work with DS sick all last week. 
    yes, my baby is a zombie.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH (and DS) got me a really cool and beautiful delicate snake ring with little rubies for eyes and a diamond face from a local jewelry maker, a plaid cashmere wrap/poncho/cape, and a hat from a neighborhood boutique. I've been referring to the trio of gifts as the bohemian mommy starter kit. DH has great taste and it's nice to receive things that I can wear everyday with DS but still feel special since he picked them out.

My dad actually paid for our hotel for our upcoming baby moon/first trip away from DS, so that was a lovely, unexpected and generous surprise gift. I can't wait for alone time with DH!
  • Options
    Money was super, super tight this year. DH got me a signed copy of a book written by a friend of ours. It's her first book so pretty exciting. I'm terrified I'm going to hate it. lol

We got a couple checks from family mrmbers. Most of it went for out DD but I put some money on our coffee cards and put 3/4 of a tank of gas in my van. It was $1.98/gallon and I had a 10 cents off per gallon with my rewards card. I considered that a pretty awesome gift. :wink:

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    Love hearing about everyone's holiday and how spoiled they are! My mother in law surprised us and said she wants to buy all the furniture for the nursery! We feel so blessed ! So excited to go shopping to pick it all out! My father in law is taking us to the fiesta bowl in Arizona for New Years to see DH favorite team Ohio state play, and turn it in to a little vacation to end our holiday break . My mom, dad and brother spoiled me with pea in the pod maternity clothes, flannel and regular sheets, prenatal massage and bath stuff. DH is taking me shopping on Monday to one of the best outlet malls to pick out some treats ... And turns into a date day I can't wait to spend time with him!
  • Options
    Husband and I chose not to exchange gifts this year, except for $20 stockings, in order to save money for baby.  We were gifted quite a bit from family members off of our baby registry, including our high chair.  My dad gifted us a very generous check, which will go into our "baby savings."  I also received some gift cards towards Motherhood Maternity (which I already spent today!) and a new coffee pot for my coffee maker because I broke a piece of mine earlier in the year.  Nothing extravagant, I'm pretty simple plus I'm the kind of person that if I need/want something I'll just go out and buy it myself...so my Christmas list focused mainly on preparing for baby (and my coffee pot).
  • Options
    My fiancé got me a snoogle. Best gift ever. He also got me some little things I've been asking for. My mom got us some nursery stuff and a baby carrier.

Seriously, this pillow is the only thing I need in life besides my baby boy and my fiancé.

I also convinced him we should take a babymoon!! Especially because our wedding is Jan 2017 and we're not going on a honeymoon until baby turns 1.
  • Options
    Ceiling pot/pan rack, new set of pots and pans, makeup and brushes, bath stuff, a Moby, gift certificate to Ulta, beautiful necklace from my FIL, books, and Walmart/Target gift certificates. I feel spoiled.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    Ceiling pot/pan rack, new set of pots and pans, makeup and brushes, bath stuff, a Moby, gift certificate to Ulta, beautiful necklace from my FIL, books, and Walmart/Target gift certificates. I feel spoiled.

rihanna fans link navy sweetheart

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    My MIL spoiled me rotten this year :) she got me a 1 year frame for the baby, a giant photo frame that sits in the corner (we have a photo obsession here), new earrings, mini muffin pan, SO MANY NEW SWEATPANTS!!!!!!, a new blanket and my favorite....a casserole crock pot!
  • Options
    rlworzallarlworzalla member
    edited December 2015
    I had posted this on the wrong thread I think...but DH decided to give me a 9mm handgun for Christmas. There were definitely things I would have preferred more, but he came up with it all on his own (he wants me to learn to be proficient and feel safe handling it for protection) and I appreciate his thought.

Edited: because of autocorrect :/
  • Options
    OMG what is up with the video ads on this page!  I just got scared to death when I heard a video very loudly playing I was like wtf.  So much for bumping undetected while working!

Anyway DH got confused and misunderstood what my mom had already bought so I got double almost everything.  Same thing he got me I got from my mom.   I thought I had already posted on this thread but I didn't see it.  So if I did i apologize for responding twice.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    DH purchased artwork I've been wanting - modern renditions of a boxer and lab for our two dogs. He got me another art portrait, shoes, and is taking me shopping this weekend ("honey, I can't pick out maternity clothes for you" - ha!). Parents were wonderful, and stocked me up on towels, socks (I complained I didn't have any so they bought me 25+ pairs), scarves, dishware, and a new camera with a case and 32g memory card! It was wonderful.

I also got an adult coloring book, and I plan on doing that at work tomorrow.

It was a great Christmas because of being with all the family. The gifts were just a nice to have.
  • Options
    My family went a little crazy, and this list shows that my hubby and I are totally kids at heart. 
    From my hubby I got: a Lego set( one of the elves one), a couple of the POP! Vinyls, R2D2 Christmas Lights, the Underwater Dogs 2016 wall calendar, Lego Dimensions and one of the Dr. Who sets that goes with it (SO AWESOME) and a Figment the Dragon graphic novel. My Aunt and Uncle gave us Geek Mom and Dad books, and a Death Star Waffle Maker. Best Damn Waffles EVER. I'm serious. My cousin gave us Star Wars cups (sense a theme?) and my grandparents gave money and a library card catalog bag. My parents gave me a Hallmark ornament and a maternity shirt along with a gift card that I've used part of to order the Hobbit extended edition set.  My FIL gave me a sewing machine and my parents also gave us two Jan Brett books for Baby Who. 

Yea my family went crazy. I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff. 
  • Options
    @bookelf221 I love Dogs Underwater!! Also, Dog Years: Then and Now... More sentimental, but wonderful!