April 2016 Moms
Options

baby measuring big-should I be worried?

I'm 26 weeks and everyone has been telling me my belly looks big for how far along I am (gotta love peoples' sensitivity). I had a checkup last week and when she measured my uterus, she said I'm measuring big and ordered an ultrasound, which I have Wednesday. I know they ordered that so they can get a more accurate measurement of him, but should I be worried??? I understand if he's just going to be a big baby, that's fine, I just don't know if it could be a sign of something more serious. 

Re: baby measuring big-should I be worried?

• Options
    There's actually another thread about this. Don't worry about measuring big. Once you hit the second trimester, baby will start growing at his own rate. My babies have always measured bigger. DS1 measured as smaller than my EDD at his foray u/s, but a week bigger at my a/s. DS2 measured over a week smaller at first u/s, but bigger than EDD at a/s. Your doctor my be checking for signs of gestational diabetes in LO, but of all likeliness, he's just going through a growth spurt.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rebelone Thank you. I was too lazy to do it on the app.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    According to my doctor (with DD) there are about a dozen reasons why you would measure big or small compared to average and only a couple are even something they would want to keep an eye on. "Too big" can be a sign of a couple (manageable) things like too much amniotic fluid or GD, but it's just as likely that you're just having a bigger than average baby or that LO was turned funny when they measured. Much easier said than done, but I would say nothing to worry about until you know more
    Anniversary