Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

I'm done...I think?

BooksForMe23BooksForMe23 member
edited December 2015 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
So, to quickly recap my roller coaster of a miscarriage... I had blood work last week showing my HCG levels dropped, and my doctor's office told me a miscarriage was imminent.  They drew blood again just to monitor the drop, only to find my levels had gone up.  They sent me to the ER (I was on vacation out of state) because they were worried about a possible ectopic.  At the ER, I found out that not only was it not ectopic, but it was still a viable, vaginal pregnancy with a heartbeat.  Umm... What?  My doctor made it sound like my miscarriage should be happening at anytime.  Well, my doctor at home was not convinced due to the results of my blood work and was planning on seeing me early next week.  Within two days of the U/S at the ER (which was on Monday), I began spotting, which quickly lead to cramping and heavy bleeding.  I have been bleeding heavily for about two days, and I just passed something that was bigger than a golf ball.  I couldn't bring myself to look too closely, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a blood clot.  The thing I'm confused about is that it didn't hurt at all to pass it.  In fact, it took me completely by surprised.  Do you think my miscarriage could be done, or is there more to come?  I know that I won't know anything for sure until I go to the doctor next week, but I'm just confused as this didn't jibe with my stories I have read on here.  Also, is it possible to miscarriage that quickly after seeing a heartbeat on Monday?  My doctor made it sound like there was no chance this pregnancy could last, but I was still surprised by the timing.
TTC #1 since June 2015
BFP #1 Nov 2015 ended in MC Dec 26 2015
BFP #2 Feb 2016, EDD Nov 8 2016

Re: I'm done...I think?

• Options
    With mine, I was 5 weeks, and I didn't feel the tissue pass. I used the restroom, and it was in the tp when I wiped. It wasn't quite golf ball sized, but it was a decent size. That was right before bed, and my bleeding had almost stopped by the next morning.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. What a roller coaster. Take care.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm currently going through a miscarriage myself, and it was my first pregnancy. I haven't talked to my doctor yet, so admittedly, I feel more than a little adrift right now. For my part, once I passed the golf ball/tennis ball sized tissue yesterday, my cramps settled down in a few hours and I've been bleeding only lightly today. Passing the sac/tissue didn't hurt for me either (beyond the awful cramps). I'm not sure if it's normal, but hopefully this anecdote helps you feel less alone. Hugs. I hope the physical part is over for you.