February 2016 Moms
Options

Stabby stabby butt pain!

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this. So yesterday I started to have the weirdest pain in my rectal area. Excuse me for the lovely imagery, but I told DH that it felt like someone was putting a knife up my butt or something! (Hence the thread title). There was also a lot of pressure with it. The pain would last about five seconds before going away and was becoming frequent (every five minutes or so).

Anyway, I freaked out and called L&D at my hospital because I didn't know what the heck was going on. I'm a FTM and have no clue what contractions might feel like. The nurse I spoke with didn't seem terribly concerned, she just told me to come in if the pain got any worse or more frequent.

Eventually over the course of the evening the pains stopped, and I didn't think too much of it, until I called my mom just now and told her what the pains felt like. She said that it sounded like how she experienced contractions too, and that it sounded like possible back labor? I'm only 34+3 so obviously this baby needs to keep cooking, and I'm thankful the pains went away eventually. But has anyone else felt contractions similiar to the pain I described?

Re: Stabby stabby butt pain!

• Options
    I'm not sure if it's exactly like you described because what I felt was not in any pattern at all. But I have felt a very sharp pain in my rectal area a few times. I really think it was mine kicking straight down because it felt like he was going to come out my butt! It was super painful! Since he has turned head down though I haven't felt it so I'm almost guessing mine was from strong kicks! I hope someone else might have better insight!
  • Options
    Did u have to poop? Serious question. If baby is low, it could have been blocking movement down there and now that stuff is trying to come out.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had that happen last week and I think it was from some hard punches or kicks.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've had it happen a few times as well, not back to back, but days in between. It's not a symptom of labor or anything, and I'm 31 weeks and 4 days and this has happened maybe four times in two weeks? Probably just the way baby is positioned or moving.
  • Options
    In have been kicked in the rectum from the inside a couple of times which is a strange feeling.
  • Options
    I had back labor with my son and it definitely didn't feel like how you described, but doesn't mean that isn't it for you! It does sound like you were kicked from the inside by your rectum, like others said! Babies are rough on the inside lol!!! Hope it doesn't keep happening though.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies ladies! Sounds like it was more than likely nothing to be worried about. I haven't had it happen since yesterday. My mom probably meant well, but freaked me out!