December 2015 Moms
Options

sleep too soundly? Super scary to me.

I dont know if its just cause Im tired but since christmas day I have gone back to sleeping in the sofa (bed is too comfy I sleep too well in there and am not alert enough when I take care of baby). And tonite I put her down at 11pm feel asleep and somehow right now at 2 woke up and she was asleep in my arms and not in her bassinet (which is next to rhe sofa right now) and NO RECOLLECTION of when and how I picked her up and put her on my chest. I am super freaked out. What if I had dropped her in my sleep? What if I rolled over her? Pretty much resolved on having some coffee every night and seeing if this helps me sleep less deeply. Any advice on sleeping less well? Anyone else freaked out like that? Id rather chop off my hand before something happens to DD. :neutral:
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Re: sleep too soundly? Super scary to me.

• Options
    I've done this about 3-5x now.... Scary stuff. So I started sleeping in bed to get rested better... Get up and move around before you start feeding baby to wake yourself up better, if you start nodding off taking care of baby get up & move around if you must. That's the only thing that's been helping us...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I sleep in my bed but get up and use the bathroom and take her into the living room or nursery to change her and feed her. That usually wakes me up enough that I don't fall asleep until I've put her back to bed.
  • Options
    Like @taysun I go into the nursery to change her then the living room for a feeding. It keeps me awake. Another weird little trick I figured out is to not wear slippers or socks..the cold floor really wakes me up!
  • Options
    I've had the opposite happen. I remember holding the baby to soothe him/feed him at the 4-6am witching hour and then startle awake a few hours later with him tucked safely in his bassinet. I have zero memory of laying him down. Freaks me out - never had this happen with the other two and I'm scared I'll drop him on the floor or fall asleep on him. That said, the tiniest little grunt from him wakes me from deep sleep so I feel like I'm playing a balancing game between the two extremes.
  • Options
    I also go to a different room. DH and I both get up for many feedings so we'll chat or keep each other awake. Or if im solo ill be in a different room, tv on or some other distraction. And i dont let myself just sit and relax with her without an actual task like feeding (no sitting in a chair just soothing her) because ill close my eyes or fall asleep.