August 2016 Moms
Options

Oz of water per day??

Ive read so many different things on the web but I feel like its inaccurate. Does anyone know how much water intake per day pregnant woman should have? And how to make it easier? Drinking alot of water makes me sick..

Re: Oz of water per day??

• Options
    At my first prenatal appointment this week I was told to have 64oz at minimum.
  • Options
    I've heard between 50%-100% of your body weight, in ounces.  So a 150lb woman should drink 75-150 ounces a day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I totally get that too! It makes me sick, and drinking it in smaller amounts I find is usually insufficient. :-(
  • Options
    I've had the same issue! It's been helping me to put some water or lime in my water, and I have a big cup I carry around with me all day to help! I'm don't have a ton of interest in drinking water right now, but I know how important it is
  • Options
    *lemon or lime
  • Options
    You really don't have to force yourself to drink tons of water, you get plenty through many foods. Just drink until your pee is very pale, don't obsess about ounces. If you're THIRSTY, then chug-a-lug, because you're dehydrated. But if you're just a worried new mom with pale pee, then keep calm and carry on. You're body will tell you if you need to drink more.
  • Options
    My OB initially told me 64oz but as long as I'm drinking some my body will tell me when I need more. He told me when I'm thirsty pick water over anything else and cut out soda and coffee.
    Allie

Married Since - 11.19.2012
    Daughter Born - 10.16.2013

Angel Twin Boys - 07.03.2014
    Baby #2 Due - 08.21.2016
    Lilypie Maternity tickers