June 2016 Moms
Options

Braxton Hicks already?!

I'm 15 weeks, and last night I actually had some Braxton hicks contractions. Any one else? It seems so early! Kind of freaked me out.

With my first I only had one or two my whole pregnancy. Last time I had them a little more, but all in the third trimester. I've never felt them this early.

On the up side I did feel the baby wiggling around after they stopped :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Braxton Hicks already?!

• Options
    Totally normal. I read somewhere that your body actually has them your entire pregnancy, you just usually don't feel then until later on. I didn't feel any with my first and felt quite a bit during 3rd tri with my second. We will see how it goes this time around.

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• Options
    I'm 15 weeks with #3. And already having them. Not suprised though. I had Irritable uterus with previous pregnancies.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I felt a few already and I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow. I remember feeling them a lot with my first from around 20 weeks.

DS-7
    DD-4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the reassurance! I know in my mind it's considered normal, but it just felt so unsettling last night. I still kind of forget how pregnant I am,

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I asked my OB about this on Monday. She said it's totally normal. Braxton Hicks start sooner after your first. I'm 16 weeks, and having been having lots of BH contractions at night for a week or two now!
  • Options
    With my first I started having them around 16-17 weeks. It was shocking at first. I felt them strong the whole pregnancy!
  • Options
    Yep! Totally normal, I'm having them as well. My first pregnancy, I felt then around 18 weeks. I've recognized them earlier this time, probably because I know what they feel like. I'm 15w3d and I've been feeling them for the last week.
  • Options
    I thought I felt them the past two days. They were mild so if I wasn't a STM I probably wouldn't have known. I'm 15+2. Crazy they start so early. I had them constantly and very strong with my son. Then again I ended up 80% effaced and 2 cm dilated for 6 weeks so I'm wondering if that had something to do with it
  • Options
    I have been having them starting at 15 weeks! A lot! I freaked out and texted my L&D nurse friend and she said totally normal, just need to stay hydrated.
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to sound realllllly stupid here but.... What exactly do they feel like?
    DH - 24; Me: 26
    Married 3/7/15
    Expecting Baby #1: 06/06/2016
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    All the muscles tightening at once in your lower abdomen and just an overall weird feeling I can't really explain. I get nauseous sometimes if I'm getting them frequently and at the end I noticed I get short of breath when I get them. Not painful at all, just discomfort and pressure
  • Options
    VikingGirl12VikingGirl12 member
    edited December 2015
    ^that, but mine kind of take my breath away very slightly. Like there's a little bit of pressure or weight in my tummy all of a sudden.
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think I have had them too. It is a feeling when you abdomen gets tight.
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• Options
    Yup. It freaked me out when I started having them in the first month! Apparently, after you've had one full-term pregnancy, you feel the muscles contract more with each subsequent pregnancy. I had one last night. Mine get painful, because I feel them in my back, but apparently they're nothing to worry about.
    Me: 32, DH: 35
    Married to DH: 11-13-10
    DS #1: EDD: 9/25/12, Born 10-9-12
    DS #2: EDD: 6-19-16, Born 6-14-16
  • Options
    To me it feels as though a blood pressure cuff is tightening on my stomach. Which eventually released.
  • Options
    Me too! Don't like the hicks! Love the kicks though. ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Yes a blood pressure cuff on your stomach!
  • Options
    First off, Merry Christmas ladies!! I'm a FTM and I'm pretty sure I'm experiencing these, too. I've been telling my husband about them. They usually don't last long but they usually happen when I'm bending over or standing from a bent or low sitting position. I'm just over 16 weeks.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yep! I'm 15w 3d with my 3rd. I'm definitely starting to have Braxton Hicks. I was told by my OB that they come sooner and stronger with each subsequent pregnancy. I take it as my cue to stop, rest, and hydrate for the rest of the night!
  • Options
    I've been feeling that 'blood pressure cuff' tightening in my stomach occasionally for about the last week and just thought I had to go to the  bathroom or something. But now that I think of it, that never happened after. Wondering if I could feel them this early (13+6) as a FTM?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    **QUESTION**

So I don't think this is BH but I wanted to ask... There are certain times, I feel something like what you're describing. It feels like my lower abdomen is really hard, tight and heavy and won't stretch. But I really only notice is when I'm trying to reach something that would require me to stretch out a bit. Is that BH? Or me just not being flexible enough?