March 2016 Moms
Options

Input on baby girls name

I am having a baby girl in just a few months and am having a hard time deciding on a name for
her .
I have Charleston Kay (nickname Charlie)
Aria lynn
Spencer Reid

Any input or suggestions ?! I'm going crazy not having a name for her !! My poor baby girl !

Re: Input on baby girls name

• Options
    Are you a Criminal Minds fan?
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Options
    already replied to this on the identical post you made on the 3rd Tri board, but I'll say it again: sooo much no to Spencer Reid for a girl. out of the 3 names you've posted, I'd go with Aria.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Unless Charleston is a very special place or person I honestly would avoid it at all costs. Not only is it a male name for a female but also a very old fashioned name, you're definitely giving a heavy name for your daughter. I don't know many people who would be be happy having a moniker untraditional on so many levels.

I'm also a big CM fan but think Spencer Reid is sort of ridiculous. You're also giving 2 traditionally male names to a girl which is trendy now but will likely go the way of the Heathers, Jennifers and Amandas of our generation. I think either Spencer or Reid is fine paired with another name, not my style but I still think it's cute.

Having said all that I'm also a big fan of people doing what they love but I think you'll have some regret and your daughter absolutely will have a period where she's not happy with her name.
  • Options
    Aria Lynn for sure- half trendy (ish), half classic.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I don't know how to remove this extra comment, so here's a :)
  • Options
    Aria Lynn by faaaaaar.

Spencer Reid is all Penis. So is Charleston, and once you add in all the Charlottes, and girls straight up named Charlie/Charley/Charlee/Charleigh it becomes so overdone and boring.
  • Options
    You need to do what you want. At the end of the day if you don't choose a name you love you'll regret it. Not everyone here knows you or your family or lifestyle. I actually prefer Charleston. And second would be Spencer, but, none of these opinions matter :)
  • Options
    Out of the names here Aria would be the only option I'd go with, but it is completely up to you.  Spencer sounds so weird for a girl to me, Charleston too.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    Spencer hss popped up as a girl name latley but I don't think you should pair it with Reid. I would pair Spencer with a more feminine name if you use it. Aria is very pretty. Charleston is my least favortie.
  • Options
    Aria Lynn is the only one that doesn't make my eyes roll. Spencer is a great name for a boy, and I could get down with it for a girl if it were paired with a more feminine name, but no way with Reid. And huge emphatically double thumbs down to Charleston.

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    We named our male dog Spencer Reid because we watch too much criminal minds. No way for a girl it's too male of a name. We have tossed around Reid as a middle name for a girl but it's got to be paired with a very feminine first name
  • Options
    Spencer Reid(male) is a character on Criminal Minds don't know if you knew it or not. Aria would be my pick of the 3.
  • Options
    No spencer was a name we liked and Reid is my husbands
    Mothers name without the f and a (Frieda Kay ) she passed away 2 years ago
  • Options
    I didn't knownit was a criminal mind name .... Lol glad I asked
  • Options
    Any other combo using Reid would be GREAT!
    Reid Kay, Aria Reid, etc

I love the idea of repurposing your SO's name.
  • Options
    Frieda is way more unique than Reid.
  • Options
    I agree however his mother hated her name so we were trying to repurpose it :-/
  • Options

Perhaps a name starting with the letter F then? That is a common naming convention in many cultures.
  • Options
    I like Aria Read :)
    Freya is cool too.

• Options

That's a bummer, I really like the name Frieda!
  • Options

I like both of the names everyone is downing. I really like the name Spencer Reid. I wouldn't worry about it being a name from criminal minds (who cares?) I really like girls with strong names! I also love the name Charleston. Maybe it's because I love classic sounding names and I have always loved the nickname 'Charlie' for a girl!

Also I feel like Aria has been over-used recently. Although I do like the suggestion using the combination of Aria Reid.

In the end do whatever you want and don't listen to everyone else. When she is born you will know right away and most likely the name will fit her perfectly no matter what you choose. Babies grow into their names :)

BabyFruit Ticker