May 2016 Moms
Options

Twas the nightmare after Christmass.

Im looking for sympathy and advice, and a chance to rant. I have my SIL and her kids here for Xmas. I adore them. Theyre from Southern CA originally, and we wound up getting totally snowed in with 24" of snow since wed. Its been crazy but a blast for the kids. Last night we did christmas dinner.

1am, I woke up with horrible abdominal pain and vomiting. The pain has gotten better but I have a low fever and its hard to keep fluids down. The flu :( Im a vet and am on call right now, with no backup. If a pet has an emergency, I have to try to go in. Nevermind that ive slept next to the toilet since 1 am and immediately barf if I sit up. Should make seeing an emergency totally doable. :-/

To add insult to injury, we had a flex line break in the house last night and flood the house and the basement. Damage amounts unknown right now but a huge mess AND no running water. With the flu.

And finally, today we were going to take the kids on the polar express. I was SO looking forward to it and its looking like I cant go. :( nonrefundable ticket too.

Ugh. Any tips for the flu? I have crackers, sprite, Gatorade and pedialyte.

Re: Twas the nightmare after Christmass.

• Options
    Oh no! It's the worst but sounds like you're doing everything you can, the flu needs time :( Push fluids as much as you can and I'll keep fingers crossed that all the pets are safe and sound for a few days!
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    tamiflu is safe for pregnancy.  Call your OB to see if they want you to take it?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe call your OB or PCP to get tested for the flu and then get tamiflu?  I hope you feel better soon.  That sounds awful!
  • Options
    Call your OB. They gave me morning sickness meds when I got the flu and it helped actually.
  • Options
    I wish I had some magical advice for you! I hope it passes quickly - my sis and her whole family missed Christmas because of the flu, but they were all better about 24 hr later.
  • Options
    Fluids and Gravol suppositories! Tamiflu won't do anything as it's for influenza, not gastroenteritis (the "stomach flu").
  • Options
    Thanks all! Better today, just weak now :) hope you all had a fantastic holiday, thanks for letting me rant!